a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying out today

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Today I leave for France. It’s my second official attempt to join the legion. First found out about the FFL in a Monestary in Spain. Always stuck with me. First unofficial attempt I was homeless in France. They didn’t even let me in the door. I think I might have smelled bad. Second attempt (first official) they took my passport asked me some basic questions, watched a video and had me do pull-ups. My mistake is I went all the way to France and straight to the legion. Was so exhausted from traveling I couldn’t do the minimum. They said I could come back after 3 months. I’ve decided to come back. I’m making a pilgrimage first and getting settled before I knock on the door. Whatever happens…happens.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Galgano,

All the very best. Think positive- aim to succeed and give it your best shot.
Mind over matter.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Today I leave for France. It’s my second official attempt to join the legion. First found out about the FFL in a Monestary in Spain. Always stuck with me. First unofficial attempt I was homeless in France. They didn’t even let me in the door. I think I might have smelled bad. Second attempt (first official) they took my passport asked me some basic questions, watched a video and had me do pull-ups. My mistake is I went all the way to France and straight to the legion. Was so exhausted from traveling I couldn’t do the minimum. They said I could come back after 3 months. I’ve decided to come back. I’m making a pilgrimage first and getting settled before I knock on the door. Whatever happens…happens.
Good luck,
"Whar ever happens - happens"... Your faith will be tested, but you already know that. Stay focused, and if things don't go your way - sun will still come up tommorow. Dont take life to seriously, he is a comedian.

Stay safe, may you find what you are looking for!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Good luck,
"Whar ever happens - happens"... Your faith will be tested, but you already know that. Stay focused, and if things don't go your way - sun will still come up tommorow. Dont take life to seriously, he is a comedian.

Stay safe, may you find what you are looking for!
Thanks Perun. Until the rising of the sun!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
All the best Galgano, I'm glad the you have confirmed two of the points that I have tried to drum into those who are going: The spare shirt - which comes under the same category as the hair, beard and 'tash they should be trimmed, the Jesus lookalike types (or the -little Labowski :))- isn't really what the legion is looking for.

The other is to not just get off of the plane and to go knock on the door. Get you heads down lads, take a sleeping pill or some sleeping natural herbs, or whatever, in order to get over the jet lag. Make sure that you have a big f@ck off breakfast before you go.

Do keep us informed until you knock.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
All the best Galgano, I'm glad the you have confirmed two of the points that I have tried to drum into those who are going: The spare shirt - which comes under the same category as the hair, beard and 'tash they should be trimmed, the Jesus lookalike types (or the -little Labowski :))- isn't really what the legion is looking for.

The other is to not just get off of the plane and to go knock on the door. Get you heads down lads, take a sleeping pill or some sleeping natural herbs, or whatever, in order to get over the jet lag. Make sure that you have a big f@ck off breakfast before you go.

Do keep us informed until you knock.
Thanks Joe. Will keep updated.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just arrived in Paris. Transferring to Nantes. Mt st Michel and the legion awaits me. Two weeks to rest, run, and do pull-ups. 100 mile pilgrimage. Recuperate. Than knock on the door.
If I were you I would looking at fully emptying my balls with any bit of skirt I could find, make the pull ups less painful with less weight😂 Get a shag Man could be a long time till next one!

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Update: got a good nights rest. Visited the stigmatists grave and cottage, who has a connection to the FFL. Had a glass of local Anjou wine and now have a lift to Mt. St. Michel on Monday, courtesy of providence. Was wondering if the Legion has history with the island fortress? Going to follow the way of St. James back to my room. Made an appointment for a tattoo. Hoping to shag a beautiful French woman or women as was advised, but I’ll settle for an ugly fat one if I have too. Found out my pull-up bar doesn’t fit the French doors, so I had to improvise on stairs. Gonna go for a nice long run tonight. An average of 75 hours a week living in a sh**hole shelter paid off. Already worth it. 7E0F5565-0E39-4BE7-A84D-5C4F1B610182.jpeg

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Made an appointment for a tattoo. Hoping to shag a beautiful French woman or women as was advised, but I’ll settle for an ugly fat one if I have too.

...don't get too big of a piece that takes too long to heal! And resort to the ugly ones only if times runs out hahaha.

Good luck mate, you're making me jealous!