a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

Flying out today

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Looking at weather in Paris and up at the Fort today at the time the photo was taken it was raining so local weather report
Convince its a stock photo also aren’t the gates normally open during the day and the wooden doors closed?
You're clutching at straws Pap. It was overcast with a 20% of rain when I looked.

He's a holy man anyway, so there is every possibility that his god stopped the devil rain and beamed down a ray of righteous bright light, like the Star of Bethlehem to guide the way for him.

Good point about the gates, but I'm not sure any military gates are kept open these days - especially ornamental ones where normal traffic doesn't transit. There's a little orange bell on the side, and I guess some poor sod doing a corvee is sitting in the poste de police on the left there through the iron gates praying that he can hold his piss in for the next 4 hours.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You're clutching at straws Pap. It was overcast with a 20% of rain when I looked.

He's a holy man anyway, so there is every possibility that his god stopped the devil rain and beamed down a ray of righteous bright light, like the Star of Bethlehem to guide the way for him.

Good point about the gates, but I'm not sure any military gates are kept open these days - especially ornamental ones where normal traffic doesn't transit. There's a little orange bell on the side, and I guess some poor sod doing a corvee is sitting in the poste de police on the left there through the iron gates praying that he can hold his piss in for the next 4 hours.
Well you keep on believing even if I’m NOT

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Looking at weather in Paris and up at the Fort today at the time the photo was taken it was raining so local weather report
Convince its a stock photo also aren’t the gates normally open during the day and the wooden doors closed?
I can't help but think that the shadow in the foreground is that of a legionnaire taking taking the photo.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I think, if he actually went to the PILE, what would have been more helpful is, if he had told us a bit more about the processing. Did they do an inventory of his kit and did they ask him questions. I don't mean the usual, why have you come to join the legion. Apart from doing the IQ test did he have to fill in any other forms. Did they check his phone.

If I understood correctly, Kro, you did ask for a selfie, which is just that.
I'm with Paps on this one.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I agree Joe - admittedly, he wasn't very helpful during his vinegar strokes. It would have been good to see his cum face in front of the gates if it was indeed "the best moment of his life" n'est pas?

Maybe he was just panicking to get over the line before he changed his mind and got his prayer mat out again asking for guidance.

Who the f@ck will ever know now? It will be a constant source of grief between Pap and myself until they put us in a box and burn us probably.

Looking at the shadow - it's a bit of a square head to say the least that I hadn't noticed previously.

Looks very small though. I know we all went through agony to shrink our berets to look like Rambo and disassociate ourselves from the Chasseurs Lapins who wore pizzas on their heads - but shrinking a Kepi?

Maybe its a fez? Perhaps G is the reincarnation of Tommy Cooper who just came back for a few days to give us all a giggle?

I'm only taking positives away from this one in case you haven't noticed :)

Last edited:

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Did they do an inventory of his kit and did they ask him questions. I don't mean the usual, why have you come to join the legion. Apart from doing the IQ test did he have to fill in any other forms. Did they check his phone.
The CEV 52 rings a bell somewhere in my distant memory that I don't think he could have invented. Perhaps candidat etranger volunteer (CEV) if Nimes is No 52 ? Also, the fact they gave him a lump of paper by way of introduction and a train ticket and told him to piss off and be somebody else's problem also makes sense to me. You know what Cpl Chefs who like an afternoon snooze are like LOL :)

I think he went to Nogent, but whether he had the balls finally to walk through the gates could well remain a mystery.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm not saying that it's him (again), but we had a Belgian on here going by the handle of Loustic - which he was :love::ROFLMAO:, real name Alain Dorsel Also Known As 'the Night Jumper' - because he tried to convince everyone that he did the night jump on Timbuktu, only the company that he was pretending to belong to, 3rd Cie REP were there but did not do the jump.
Even before that a lot of his stories did not hold water, like getting his dates mixed up about when he joined. :oops: how can you manage that?

I won't go on about how he was sussed out, but in order to convince the Mods he showed someone else's administration passport, you know the real/fake French passport that they issue you with when you go overseas. Apparently he met this guy, a kiwi on facebook, who was gullible enough to to show him a photo of his passport. So he went from being Belgian to Canadian - the flag he chose on here- to being a kiwi.

When he got kicked off, he came back as someone else's old man who was worried about his son (I tell everyone that he came back as the Night Jumper's dad, but it was, in fact, someone else's). The thing is the two stories were so identical it was pathetic. The two of them joined the REP, the Night Jumper could not make up his mind whether he joined the REP first and was sent to 3REI as a punishment or visa versa.
For his old man : He definitely joined the REP first and was sent to 3 REI as a punishment, the CDU informed his old man by letter o_O :D which he showed us :love::ROFLMAO:
I called him a lying piss of sh$t by PM to which he put a report in about me. By that time I had been made up to Mod, so I simply classed it with no follow up.
And then there has been Martin Scott...

Let us hope that we don't now have a 'G man'.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I can't help but think that the shadow in the foreground is that of a legionnaire taking taking the photo.
Also Joe the shadow could have been taken by the original person that took the photo, as all his photos were lifeless and to me stock photos reverse search in Google will only produce it if it has been uploaded, he is a computer nerd or geek take a look at the photo sent of the boarding pass as part of him is in it take a look as to me it looks like an unfit geek in his comfortable gaming clothing knocking up a boarding pass and scanning photos from a book or other places is no bother for a computer geek my money he is still in the fat arm chair laughing at us ALL

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I did check the IP on one of his posts and saw two listed. click on pic for full view.
Hi Volt,
If as you say both of these come from the same post:

• The top IP is Verizon network (US) - presumably his main American mobile/cell contract which he was using roaming.
• The bottom IP is SFR (FR) network - which would have been the piggyback service for Verizon when being used in France.

Unfortunately it gets us no closer to whodunnit...

My money is on Col Mustard in the kitchen with the candlestick.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying that it's him (again), but we had a Belgian on here going by the handle of Loustic - which he was :love::ROFLMAO:, real name Alain Dorsel Also Known As 'the Night Jumper' - because he tried to convince everyone that he did the night jump on Timbuktu, only the company that he was pretending to belong to, 3rd Cie REP were there but did not do the jump.
Even before that a lot of his stories did not hold water, like getting his dates mixed up about when he joined. :oops: how can you manage that?

I won't go on about how he was sussed out, but in order to convince the Mods he showed someone else's administration passport, you know the real/fake French passport that they issue you with when you go overseas. Apparently he met this guy, a kiwi on facebook, who was gullible enough to to show him a photo of his passport. So he went from being Belgian to Canadian - the flag he chose on here- to being a kiwi.

When he got kicked off, he came back as someone else's old man who was worried about his son (I tell everyone that he came back as the Night Jumper's dad, but it was, in fact, someone else's). The thing is the two stories were so identical it was pathetic. The two of them joined the REP, the Night Jumper could not make up his mind whether he joined the REP first and was sent to 3REI as a punishment or visa versa.
For his old man : He definitely joined the REP first and was sent to 3 REI as a punishment, the CDU informed his old man by letter o_O :D which he showed us :love::ROFLMAO:
I called him a lying piss of sh$t by PM to which he put a report in about me. By that time I had been made up to Mod, so I simply classed it with no follow up.
And then there has been Martin Scott...

Let us hope that we don't now have a 'G man'.
We've all met these Walters over the years. But as they say - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Be honoured :)

Your jumper got a few things right at least. 3REI being a disciplinary regiment for example. Shame about the letter though which sort of f@cked things up a bit LOL :)

It's amusing. They always trip themselves up somewhere no matter how hard they've worked to get their story together. There are just some things you can't possibly read about even if you get chucked out at Aubagne (e.g. the museum tour, the Puyoublier visit, the baggy combats and brown leather belt, the Friday morning selection lines etc). These are simple things that stay with you for life even before getting to Castel and beyond.

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Also Joe the shadow could have been taken by the original person that took the photo, as all his photos were lifeless and to me stock photos reverse search in Google will only produce it if it has been uploaded, he is a computer nerd or geek take a look at the photo sent of the boarding pass as part of him is in it take a look as to me it looks like an unfit geek in his comfortable gaming clothing knocking up a boarding pass and scanning photos from a book or other places is no bother for a computer geek my money he is still in the fat arm chair laughing at us ALL
Pap...

Only 30 minutes elapsed between me asking for a photo of his boarding pass and him providing it. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop on an almost daily basis, and believe me it would have been impossible to knock that boarding pass up in less than 5 or 6 hours minimum to photo rendering at that quality. Even the edges of the pass are soft and "used". It's a really, really pro job if it's a fake - but as I say - impossible to do in 30 mins.

In short I think we need to accept that the boarding pass is genuine. Whether it's his or not is a different matter of course. The timing does however tie in with everything he said in his early posts, and the IP sh@t checks out too.

OK - so he's dressed up like Winnie The Pooh. I'll give you that. But it's not the skater pants and a Quicksilver tshirt look generally associated with hardcore gamers. It reeks more of a clean cut American boy in my books with no sense of European fashion.

Anyway - this has been an epic thread and the page has been turned one way or the other it seems.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Pap...

Only 30 minutes elapsed between me asking for a photo of his boarding pass and him providing it. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop on an almost daily basis, and believe me it would have been impossible to knock that boarding pass up in less than 5 or 6 hours minimum to photo rendering at that quality. Even the edges of the pass are soft and "used". It's a really, really pro job if it's a fake - but as I say - impossible to do in 30 mins.

In short I think we need to accept that the boarding pass is genuine. Whether it's his or not is a different matter of course. The timing does however tie in with everything he said in his early posts, and the IP sh@t checks out too.

OK - so he's dressed up like Winnie The Pooh. I'll give you that. But it's not the skater pants and a Quicksilver tshirt look generally associated with hardcore gamers. It reeks more of a clean cut American boy in my books with no sense of European fashion.

Anyway - this has been an epic thread and the page has been turned one way or the other it seems.
Problem is he has had you in the carping pond for to long, now he has the hook in your mouth and an outspoken mate on the form every time he sets a fire he knows you will put it out😂
Still no change from my position ain’t buying into this one as for boarding pass he might have thought that could pop up so done it a bit back when talk of flying out.
Will we ever no Yes I think the truth will come out at some point but yes it’s been fun be even funnier if it’s one of the 3 musketeers or was that 2 acting as 3?
😂

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
We've all met these Walters over the years. But as they say - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Be honoured :)

Your jumper got a few things right at least. 3REI being a disciplinary regiment for example. Shame about the letter though which sort of f@cked things up a bit LOL :)

It's amusing. They always trip themselves up somewhere no matter how hard they've worked to get their story together. There are just some things you can't possibly read about even if you get chucked out at Aubagne (e.g. the museum tour, the Puyoublier visit, the baggy combats and brown leather belt, the Friday morning selection lines etc). These are simple things that stay with you for life even before getting to Castel and beyond.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That is what we say about the Russian Naval Infantry with their assault course.

Martin Scott is on FB but only alludes to is service in the band of the Grenadier Guards. Formerly he posed as a member of the FFL. He conned members of the forum stating that he was writing a book on the Legion and took up front deposits. I obtained refunds for two people he conned. He was a nauseous but plausible con artist.

Finally I enjoy the following FB site. Les mytho faux legionnaires. It is amazing what idiots will claim. The photos are amusing.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
1632222728004.png
1632222727613.png
1632222862654.png

I understand that it doesn't look too pro, but it clearly shows that the two IPs are from the states. that is from the F de N photo.

Attachments

• 1632222577019.png
    1632222577019.png
    464.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just arrived in Paris. Transferring to Nantes. Mt st Michel and the legion awaits me. Two weeks to rest, run, and do pull-ups. 100 mile pilgrimage. Recuperate. Than knock on the door.
This could have been a pre planned trip with his Faith/Church also previous attempts regardless of outcome would have given him bits of knowledge
Still stinks and no change from my position 😂