a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finleythefox here.

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey dusaboss, I sent a message and tried calling but you didn't answer me. The people coming through the gates that I've noticed are from literally a 17 yr old Moldovan to a 38 yr old Brazileiro. All Eastern Europeans, the Balkans, lots and lots of Brazilians, Nepalese, Malagasy, South and Central America, South Africa, North Africa, American, Canada. The list goes on but what I didn't see was any Muslims get through the selection... I could be wrong but I seems like the Legion likes to turn them down.

The selection in Aubagne goes as everybody else put it. I saw people with facial and neck and hand tats, giants surgery scars on their cranium or legs and passed.

A few medical tests, Gestapo, psycho-technical, psychologist interview, sports test. Be fit to show up because you'll regret it if you somehow pass selection and go to the farm, for our section at le cuin... Lots of running through the hills and mountains and the people falling behind were constantly being yelled at and being hit in the head... One sergeant even broke off a thick branch full of thorns and started wacking people's thighs and backs. Lots of hitting of the head stomach and chest for our section, I got my ass best pretty good for knocking on a sergeants door at Formiguères.

Food is good at the farm but you'll always want more and always be hungry. My solid advice is buy 100 chocolate bars in Aubagne when you can, stow them away in your back and eat them at the farm... or even sell one bar for 5 and even 10 euros. People will buy it for the marches that you do. Lol. I think we had around 5 or 6 marches at the farm before the képi blanc march.

I am truly proud of where I am and of course they're times where you will regret walking through the gates, but after all the shit moments whether physical or mental, you have a laugh and smile with your mates from around the world you met just 4 months before. When it comes to people with kids or a wife, think that one through because I've seen relationships here fail comrades of mine hearts, just torn to shreds over separation from their kids or wife.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
(...) I am truly proud of where I am and of course they're times where you will regret walking through the gates, but after all the shit moments whether physical or mental, you have a laugh and smile with your mates from around the world you met just 4 months before. (...)
Congratulations Legionnaire! Take it one day at a time and you will be fine. Now off to the REP, REPMAN to be.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
(...) I am truly proud of where I am and of course they're times where you will regret walking through the gates, but after all the shit moments whether physical or mental, you have a laugh and smile with your mates from around the world you met just 4 months before. (...)
26 March 2017

Re: Introduction
Currently sitting outside the pull-up station on a bench with a Croatian, Serbian, Mexican, and myself. We all have given our passports and have been waiting 5 hours on a bench... haha, I'm pretty sure we are sleeping outside tonight.

Currently waiting to go to the REP. You did it. Contact Rapace and ask him what proof he needs to get you green. I've seen a red fox and a snow fox, so why not a green fox.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
26 March 2017

Re: Introduction
Currently sitting outside the pull-up station on a bench with a Croatian, Serbian, Mexican, and myself. We all have given our passports and have been waiting 5 hours on a bench..haha, I'm pretty sure we are sleeping outside tonight.

Currently waiting to go to the REP. You did it. Contact Rapace and ask him what proof he needs to get you green. I've seen a red fox and a snow fox, so why not a green fox.
The Croatian is in, myself (Foxy), of course, in, don't know about the Mexican and the Serbian failed IQ test :). Yep, we Serbs are considerably intelligent nation :).

Finleythefox

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Myself the Croatian and the Mexican all finished together. I'm going to Calvi tmrw and the Mexican and the Croatian left to 2 REI today. I know I need my matricule number but I don't remember it. I'll have to wait till I finish my promo in the REP to give my information to go green.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Myself the Croatian and the Mexican all finished together. I'm going to Calvi tmrw and the Mexican and the Croatian left to 2 REI today. I know I need my matricule number but I don't remember it. I'll have to wait till I finish my promo in the rep to give my information to go green.

Justin, as soon as you get chance learn your matricule off by heart.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I guess turn him green.
Welcome back mate. Hope you are well, we're all looking foward to an update of what you've been up to. The Fox can't become green until he provides proof to Rapace or the Boss that he is actually a legionnaire.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey mates, yes, might want to know your Matricule..
Fast update. Finished my vigipirate in Marseille. 60 days. Now on vacation for three weeks. Too much to say about vigi, but l leave it to the minds of all the wanna bes.
When I return to REG, I'll do one more stage mountain, then it is preparation OPEX in 4.5 months. Ok, off to see the wizard... Joe Cos, you have my phone number. Always welcome to call. Can say, I have been spending a lot of time with Cpl K. He is well.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hey mates, yes, might want to know your Matricule..
Fast update. Finished my vigipirate in Marseille. 60 days. Now on vacation for three weeks. Too much to say about vigi, but l leave it to the minds of all the wanna bes.
When I return to REG, I'll do one more stage mountain, then it is preparation OPEX in 4.5 months. Ok, off to see the wizard..Joe Cos, you have my phone number. Always welcome to call. Can say, I have been spending a lot of time with Cpl K. He is well.
Should of said this yesterday my apologies! Glad to see you doing well, my best wishes to Cpl K. Enjoy those mademoiselles! Oh and could you ask him if he knows of two old Scottish legionnaires who own a bar in Marseille. I knew them as the louker brothers served with them in the REP. Both probably dead from alcoholism by now! But one never knows! Thanks mate.

FloridaABN

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Hooah! Hooah!!

(The second one is redundant but I got an alert saying messages under 10 characters aren't allowed.)

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Mark Wake,

Unsure mate, I mean I have no idea what has or has not changed since your time, whenever that was..
I can say that the bars are always in business.I can ask around.I have heard theres a bar owned by a scot with a giant beard. Ill ask. This come direct from my mate who is Scot, a Cpl.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Mark Wake,

Unsure mate, I mean I have no idea what has or has not changed since your time, whenever that was..
I can say that the bars are always in business.I can ask around.I have heard theres a bar owned by a scot with a giant beard. Ill ask. This come direct from my mate who is Scot, a Cpl.
No matter mate. Cheers anyway!

FFLVIE

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Look at that, another American on Corsica! We spent 7 years there and I loved it, my husband did too once he was a Caporal and especially after Sergeant ;)
Good luck in all your adventures!

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Short update,

Our member and my personal friend who I started selection with one day apart in Paris, RANGER RICK, from the board, he doesn't come here anymore..
He was in 3rd while I was in 2nd at Castel, way back when.. But anyway. He went to REP, broke his back. Has 12 jumps. In recovery now and is coming to my REG (1REG). He is well and Currently in the Hospital in Marseille now. Was with him a few days ago. Pints and whiskey. There it is. Also, Most Americans don't go REP anymore. MOST I said.