a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFL GCP on Netflix

olias

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have seen no mention on here, so I thought I would give the forum a heads up that there is a show on Netflix from France called "The Insider" (L'insider) where each episode explores a special unit. Episode 3 is about the Legion's GCP. Enjoy!

bronsond

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have seen no mention on here, so I thought I would give the forum a heads up that there is a show on Netflix from France called "The Insider" (L'insider) where each episode explores a special unit. Episode 3 is about the Legion's GCP. Enjoy!
Nice find!

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
This jerks remind me of VEOH years ago, "its not available in your country" feck off.

Well I hope you fellas enjoy it :D

olias

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I will see if it's available in other services for those who it is unavailable for.

Nick1402

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I love the idea of Parachute Dragoons! Sounds like the RCD needs to be rerolled!

We tried that from 83 to 93, first with the Hussars and then the Dragoons. At one time we were trying to get all of recce jump qualified but the Armour mafia had more power than the Airborne mafia. You should have seen the Scheisssturm when we suggested putting up Maroon berets as part of the Airborne battlegroup. We were only allowed to pray to one God and he didn't wear a Maroon beret. Once we scrapped the M-113 Lynx, and bought the LAV Coyotes, out fate was sealed. I can't think of a better time in my career than pushing the Lynx out of the back of the Herc and then following it with full kit on a ramp jump. DZ Anzio was soft as a babies bottom, sigh, happy times.

Aint no place like a hole in the ground. Funny during life in the OP in episode 1, nobody mentioned crapping in a bag and pissing in a waste jerry can, guess that wasn't sexy.

Episode 2 is Miami SWAT, also a good watch.

As they say in the Belle province, Bon Weekend

Hitsuji

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Slovenia
Hussars and Dragoons ? Weren't the horses scared to jump out of the plane :D, but seriously what are they supposed to be parachute Hussars and Dragoons ? Also Shleman what colour was your beret or were you without one ?

canuckroyal

Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Hussars and Dragoons ? Weren't the horses scared to jump out of the plane :D, but seriously what are they supposed to be parachute Hussars and Dragoons ? Also Shleman what colour was your beret or were you without one ?

In Canada, the Armour Corps wears a black beret. Infantry wear dark green, airborne maroon and special operations wear a tan beret. The ones you really want to stay away from are the guys wearing red berets, they are military police :D

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
In Canada, the Armour Corps wears a black beret. Infantry wear dark green, airborne maroon and special operations wear a tan beret. The ones you really want to stay away from are the guys wearing red berets, they are military police :D

We were always told to be very respectful and somewhat fearful of the Brit red caps in Germany, a few of us were picked up by them once and they were truly great guys, gave us a ride home to boot.

The theory behind the black beret was the grease from the vehicles wouldn't show up on them. Our beret style was copied from a British girl's school as the two other choices were just plain big and ugly.

Looking forward to watching episode 3 finished, the grandson is visiting so he trumped my TV watching.

DuckDown

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
We do not have it here in Finland, tried to look for torrents but couldn't find any. If anyone knows a place to download or watch please let me know. Thanks for the hint anyways!