Entry into france

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
815 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
I was thinking about getting a card that belongs to my mom with 500 euros to be able to pass the security at the airport and hopefully when I get accepted I'll destroy it and she can ask for a new one and take back all the money from it
Keegan, it might be hard for you to explain why you have your mother's bank card at the airport or even in Aubagne.

Ratings
Home Country
Australia
I was thinking about getting a card that belongs to my mom with 500 euros to be able to pass the security at the airport and hopefully when I get accepted I'll destroy it and she can ask for a new one and take back all the money from it
Yeh, i agree with Joe there... its very easy to just get a preloaded travel card from the bank. i don't know if you have a similar thing where you are from, but here in Aus we can get a reloadable credit card from the post office as well, which would be ideal as the money doesn't expire (like a gift card does).

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
815 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
If not accepted, you get everything back. If accepted, I believe they may keep your phone etc. for a while until you get to your regiment. All papers will be kept until you finish your contract.
On the phone side, finleythefox said that they allow you to buy a phone in the foyer and keep it from you during the week and allow you to use it during weekends. That was one section it might be the norm or the exception. Either way you have to have your contact numbers somewhere. I suggest putting them on various pages of your French phrase book which you will be allowed to keep. Underlining words and writing in notes will not only look keen, it will also mean that the the numbers should get overlooked.

Ratings
Home Country
Australia
On the phone side, finleythefox said that they allow you to buy a phone in the foyer and keep it from you during the week and allow you to use it during weekends. That was one section it might be the norm or the exception. Either way you have to have your contact numbers somewhere. I suggest putting them on various pages of your French phrase book which you will be allowed to keep. Underlining words and writing in notes will not only look keen, it will also mean that the the numbers should get overlooked.
awesome, thanks heaps for that tip Joe!! i will be sure to use that one!

Ratings
919 9 8
Home Country
North Korea
Yes, we have them type of cards and can be bought from a Tabac / news agents shop. To top up, you buy a cupon for the value wanted
The cupon has a number that you compose on the associated phone (anti fraud,trafficking measures) maxi 2000 euros autherised, for the standard, 10 000 euros max for the VIP
It costs 17 euros the card and if you want several, no problèmes

Rapace

Ratings
331 2 1
Home Country
France
(...) am looking for a pair of pecam nuts I lost when I shat, circa 86, night club La Rose des Vents (N'Djamena, Chad). If found, please return to sender.
:D:D Ah Ah... Calling la Rose des Vents a night-club, would be like calling Al Capone a petty criminal. Located in Farcha (an NDJ suburb), near the old French military base (which has been since handed over to the Chadians), it was, to put it bluntly (and more accurately), a brothel, nicknamed also La Rose des pafs (for the non-francophones, a paf is French for d*ck or c*ck). It was rumoured that the real owner was one of Hissène Habré's (then president of Chad) sisters.

Most viewed threads of the week