a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit Function?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Works fine for me...bottom left. ..report followed by 3 dots,and a down ward arrow, expand and you have the choice to édit or delete

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ah ha! It's been solved, I don't see the "edit" or "Delete" function on any of my posts, except for my last post above. Boss must have sorted it out. :) Thanks Boss!

Yep, I had trouble with that to. We had private conversation and Boss figured out what is going on. As I understood he have user groups settings where he can give permission to edit or not msgs. To some members editing is disabled by default on the new forum. That would bee easily sorted out if you write complaint to Boss or moderators (or even to DusanBoss himself)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Nick, thanks for pointing that out. As Dusa says, the problem has been addressed by the Boss. Snafu also had a bit of trouble editing when he came back to edit a previous post. The new forum is still in the teething process so any other problems should be pointed out so we can let the Boss know.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Yeah the problem was resolved, but only for my two most recent posts, but now I am back to not seeing the edit button for any posts. I will just wait and let the new forum teething process work itself out and then if it is still a problem later I will ask the Boss for help. He's busy so I hate to bug him over small time stuff.
But thanks guys.

Edit: Ha..ok I see it again but only for my most recent post. I am thinking it seems like it is on a timer, that you can only edit within a certain amount of time after you make a post? Since I can't edit any other post but my most recent posts.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
It's not a bug. Boss (on Rapace proposals) limited time of editing for 30 min. so rewriting of old posts would be prevented.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Home Country
San Marino
Kind of annoying when you make a post and then go back later and see a glaring spelling error or some tortured grammar or a missing word but you can't fix it. Having an edit history available like they have on Facebook prevents people from being able to edit in a way that totally changes the meaning or to troll since everyone can see what they changed.
This seems to be fixing a problem that didn't exist since the number of people changing posts for malicious intent or trolling would be tiny.
Not a fan.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I don't know. For me is OK this way. I'm rarely editing msgs tomorrow. Also guys on the forum have understanding for spelling and grammatical errors.

Some other forums are full of "Grammar Nazis"

You having a constructive debate with someone and than he in lack of arguments start pointing on your grammar throwing all meaning of debated subject through the window. (and really pising me of)

Here is OK. Nobody will nag on your grammar, but certain members have ways to totally spin meaning of your post and push you out of the tracks. ;)

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Home Country
San Marino
Yeah I hate grammar nazis as well but I often write when I'm in a rush or maybe I ramble on too long and then when I read over things later I will notice some mistake and I want to correct it for my own sake and for clarity.

But yeah some people will ignore everything someone else is saying and then belittle them for some minor issue. Plus on an international forum that kind of behavior is beyond rude since English is not everyone's first language. Hell, plenty of native speakers are not necessarily good at the written word and write in a more, "natural" or "spoken word" style, as it were. hehe :) I really could care less as long as I understand the point they are making.

somanyquestions

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Can you tell me how to update my profile, please? I’d like to change my home town. Loving the new look of the site....haven’t been on here for ages! I also posted on here under another account as I was hacked, but I can’t find that account, only this original one! No matter. (My son left the Legion in 2016 and I’m happy to have him home 😁 safe and sound)

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Can you tell me how to update my profile, please? I’d like to change my home town. Loving the new look of the site....haven’t been on here for ages! I also posted on here under another account as I was hacked, but I can’t find that account, only this original one! No matter. (My son left the Legion in 2016 and I’m happy to have him home 😁 safe and sound)

Would like to hear some more about your sons career and how he found it etc if your willing to share?

Unfortunately i am unable to help with your question. Someone a bit more tech savvy myt help mate!!

somanyquestions

Reaction score
Home Country
England
Would like to hear some more about your sons career and how he found it etc if your willing to share?

Unfortunately i am unable to help with your question. Someone a bit more tech savvy myt help mate!!
Ah, no worries! I was trying to look at my other account postings but can’t find my moniker. I’m sure it was Mrs Doublevay.

So, my son left home in July 2011 aged 21 and served 5 years. He’s very proud of his service, but doesn’t really talk about it much, save to say the Legion became his family during those years and people don’t realise the bond that is formed between the Legion and its soldiers. He came back very quiet (that’s because “I spent five years only speaking when I was spoken to”)and with some sort of cleaning OCD which would have come in useful in his teenage years! He’s slowly getting back into the swing of ‘normal’ life. Oh and he had an op for a slipped disc the month after he got out. His back had been hurting for months, but he just got on with it. He was going to sign up for longer, but I think there was some delay over getting the paperwork sorted. (Could be mistaken, or it could have been the slipped disc diagnosis). So I guess he liked it! I’ll post bits and bobs to update you as and when.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello somanyquestions, I tried experimenting to edit my profile to see how to change the hometown, couldn't manage it. In the end I changed my avatar. I mean it did look kind of silly, I mean half a photo of an empty chang beer !
We'll just have to wait until the Boss gets back. As well we seem to have lost the joining dates and the flags etc.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hello again Manyquestions, I've just discovered that as a Mod I can edit your profile. So instead of Newcastle, where would you like to have your home town?

Although that doesn't help anyone else who wants to modify their post, :rolleyes: