a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easter Weekend

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Please Remember the Troops that are deployed Easter weekend! Always remember when deployed or on OPEX you are a target and can pay the ultimate sacrifice, God I hope not; however, a US Armed Forces Member was killed this week by an IED in Syria. There are members of this forum whom are deployed and I want to say THANK YOU.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Please Remember the Troops that are deployed Easter weekend! Always remember when deployed or on OPEX you are a target and can pay the ultimate sacrifice, God I hope not; however, a US Armed Forces Member was killed this week by an IED in Syria. There are members of this forum whom are deployed and I want to say THANK YOU.

Also a Brit SF was killed in same incident allong with 5 mix nationality injured.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Also a Brit SF was killed in same incident allong with 5 mix nationality injured.

What? How can you even compare that. Don't you ever for a second think that American life is worth much as any one's else!

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What? How can you even compare that. Don't you ever for a second think that American life is worth much as any one's else!
What’s your point ? I was only including the rest of the persons involved in same incident, Not that I have anything to explain to you as you no my thoughts regarding you ever joining the Legion.
Enjoy your Easter egg if you have been a good boy!

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What’s your point ? I was only including the rest of the persons involved in same incident, Not that I have anything to explain to you as you no my thoughts regarding you ever joining the Legion.
Enjoy your Easter egg if you have been a good boy!
No point on this one. Looks like I enjoyed little bit too much ;) Mixed rakija and beer last night. Red something that wasn't there. As one ex forum member (btw there is no such thing as ex cervens forum member :)) would say "Au temps pour moi"

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nice sunny day here in Nîmes. Did my usual sunday morning routine. Down on the avenue, went to the bakers for café-croissants. Sat out side on the terrace drinking my café and had a smoke. Filled out my football and horse coupons and went to the bar-tabac to lay my bets and another café for the road.
Met up with D. ex legionnaire (rep). He runs the pizzeria next door. Might go tonight and grab me one and bust some beers. He usually offres several on the house. Apart from that, it's just another day.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
No point on this one. Looks like I enjoyed little bit too much ;) Mixed rakija and beer last night. Red something that wasn't there. As one ex forum member (btw there is no such thing as ex cervens forum member :)) would say "Au temps pour moi"
'Au temp pour moi' is ex forum. :sick:

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What is your problem? Did we drop a bomb on your hut?
Douche boss, let me help you out with Something, we are working closely with the Legion, the Brits, and other allies in the fight for terrorism, what is your contribution what is your countries?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
USMCRET I explained that post was a mistake. I read something what wasn't there while being drunk.

What is your problem? Did we drop a bomb on your hut? (...)
No you didn't. Closest explosion was some 20 km from my house and we felt when windows started to shake. Nevertheless I have to admit that bombing wasn't that hard on us. Most of targets were infrastructural and our government was noticed about many of them in advance so people could be removed to safety. So yes I have to admit that we could get that much, much worse. I would say that we had polite bombing. As polite bombing can be (many of my countrymen would call me a traitor for saying this, but that is simple fact and I can't go against it).

(...) Douche boss, let me help you out with something, we are working closely with the Legion, the Brits, and other allies in the fight for terrorism, what is your contribution what is your countries?
"Fight for terrorism" :) that fitting really nicely in case of 99th and my country. Yes, you fought terrorists half world away from home country. My country fought terrorist on its own territory and you decided to help terrorists. Have to admit that Milošević made a lot of mistakes and I don't agree with my country's “Russian ass licking” policy. But still it bothers me when some Americans say that they are always right. The fraction they decide to give support is always the right one and they are always good oppressed people by enemy who is worse evil on planet.
I understand all propaganda and shit and that you are an American conservative patriot, but please, in this day and age of internet, to truly believe in that black & white picture of all conflicts... I mean ... It's offensive to one's intellect. And don't call me a douche, I'm not insulting you.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You know, this post was meant to remind people of the deployed personnel around the world, the Legion, American Armed Forces, French Army, and so on. Not to have it degrade into anything else.

It is plainly clear that some have no Clue and they never will have an Idea of what it feels like to be deployed during the holidays.

Simple, think about those whom are deployed, nothing more

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Nothing else gives me pleasure more than an ex or serving buddy, who i get along with
(but i know where and what you mean)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Dusa and USMCRET, please give it a rest. I'm not taking any sides here ,but Easter is a family thing, whether you are catholic (and all those that are in that category) or muslim as far as hunting for eggs go. Who doesn't want to be there when their children find the egg? OK it it evolves around Jesus and his 12 buddies, tell that to a 5 year old.

The same at Christmas, everyone wants their prezzy, no-one is saying I don't want mine because I'm a Buddhist or whatnot. And as USMCRET says, everyone wants to be at home for these occasions. So spare a thought.

I got a couple of extra Chang beers today because I said I didn't want a present. And it's got f*ck all to do with Easter !

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
May God, fortune, luck or whatever is out there be with those heroes and watch out for them and may all the fallen heroes R.I.P
Despite my differences with our own government, I'd also like to include all the poor souls serving in Sinai right now. We have lost a lot of Egyptian navy SEALS over the past month. May they all R.I.P US JSOC, British SAS, FFL, Egyptian SF and all the others from all nationalities who have died fighting terrorists.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Didn't want to lead conversion in that direction. Happy easter.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Actually yesterday was my birthday, voila the extra beers.
You could tell us Joe. I would pour couple extra of "Zjalčarsko" in that name. Happy birthday Joe .

Your birthday sometimes get in same day as Easter?

Joe.jpg