Death of an Romanian soldier 1REC

Home Country
Romania
RIP NCO Sorin Lipovan. An romanian legionnaire that died on 7 november in an accident , in Djibouti. Others 2 soldiers were injured , one more severly. (All these informations are from the news , TV)

Nickfury

Top Member
Ratings
63 1
Home Country
San Marino
RIP NCO Sorin Lipovan. An romanian legionnaire that died on 7 november in an accident , in Djibouti. Others 2 soldiers were injured , one more severly. (All these informations are from the news , TV)
Rest in Peace. Sad to hear. Speedy recovery to the injured. Was it a vehicle accident?

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
795 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Fasole, thanks for sharing. I found this : http://lemamouth.blogspot.com/2017/11/un-cavalier-du-1er-rec-meurt-djibouti.html

Here is the google translation:
A sub-officer (NCO)of the 1st REC of Carpiagne died this morning in Djibouti, was learned this afternoon by the
twitter account of the chief of body (commanding officer). According to the first elements delivered to Paris by the staff of the army, the NCO died in a collision during a trip between the capital and Arta-Plage.
Two men were wounded, for the time being, the staff does not detail the severity of their injuries, but acknowledged that they will be evacuated to France. The NCO's corps must be repatriated this week.
These legionaries were deployed with a platoon, within the 5th RIAOM. Traffic accidents are not uncommon in this area, and the French military have already been affected by several events of this type. To the point that the navy had even thought of repatriating, for this reason alone, his commandos deployed at Arta, to refocus it in the capital.
Accidents have increased in recent months: a non-commissioned officer of the 3rd RPIMa had lost his life on August 2 in the reversal of his VAB, and three logisticians had been injured in another accident, Courtine.

Highlander

Home Country
Brazil
I was waiting to be on bigger news before posting about this, but apparently thats it.
The sub-officer from 1REC was Sergeant Dos Santos. He was a brazilian and was my boyfriend sergeant and personal friend at 1REC. He was a family man, and very helpful NCO.
I have 2 pictures of him with my boyfriend and one with some other brazilians, I talked to him on the phone once when he congratulated me when I was accepted in medical school and gave me some advices.
Dont know what to say really, just wanted somebody in the board to remember him besides me, someone who could talk a little better about him.
Descanse em paz.

Nickfury

Top Member
Ratings
63 1
Home Country
San Marino
Sorry I was a bit confused? Two legionnaires died? A Romanian and a Brazilian? Very sad news. Sorry for you and your Bf's loss of a friend.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Most viewed threads of the week