Current selection process

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
52 3 1
Home Country
United States
I am going to let you in on some new selection process.
I was in Aubagne, December 22. Normal stuff, I was there doing my Opex passport Opex with 2 guys from my company and a section from 1ère Compagnie. I took some pics and sent some live videos to NickFury. Anyway, here is what I can tell:

So first off, all the bathrooms and the whole bathroom I should say has been entirely redone and are brand new, in the building with all the EV's. I saw toilet paper rolls and all. New sinks, new floors, new pissers, everything was new.

Not one person can say they are not taken care of while in selection. I ate chow there as well. Same, you are eating well and the bread rolls are twice as big in 1er RE then in combat regiment. The other thing is that the population was flooded with Asians and I saw very little of any others. Not to say that they are not there, I just didn't see many. Another thing I can confirm is I saw with my own eyes, when I was in the DSPLE doing my biometric stuff for my passport, diagraphs and projections for 2018 showing recruitment is going way down. They have filled the void essentially. The rush for anyone to get in doesn't exist anymore.

Also, I can confirm that their was 22 who made the commission. I know personally because I talked to the Caporal de jour, who happens to be an American, my personal friend and former member here named Ranger Rick. Again, Nickfury can support this as I sent him photos of us at work and in civil celebrating our 36 and 37th birthdays together. He is currently baby sitting the EV's.

What I can tell you also, is there is a second phase of RED. Once you go Rouge, you go through another phase of Rouge now. The EV group of 22 I saw and met personally with Ranger Rick was healthy, average age of 23 I would say and actually looked smart. Oh and for the guy who asked if there are Swedes or Norwegians, yes. This group had 3 in it. Two Danish and a Finnish dude, not a Swede, but you get the picture. No English speakers. Ranger rick took them all to Lavéran hospital that day too.

It would be my opinion that the Legion is seeking higher quality now. I think (again, only my opinion) that they saw that this big recruitment phase brought in a load of garbage. It did. It really did. The numbers game is over boys and you better come prepared, with anything to back up anything you say and or do, too.

The world is changing, again, and that means recruitment, too. So I can only advise that you take what I have written and understand it any way you want too.

OTHER NEWS:
Ranger Rick was a former army ranger( 2/75) Rangers. He broke his back in REP and has fully recovered now and comes to 1er REG in mid Jan. Ranger Rick wont be coming back to this forum, nor Florida Medic, either. We all know what it has become... Why I am still here, blows my mind...

OTHER NEWS, AGAIN:
The entire 1er REG is Opexing in Jan and Feb and, more important news, you cannot go on Opex if you are a 2nd Class legionnaire. You must be 1ère Classe and have 18 months of service or more.

That is all. Believe what you like out of all of this. I don't care one way or another. You are welcome. Do not thank me. I don't care one way or another really. But it is better to have on point info then the bullshit you read on the internet and the absurd staged Legion YouTube videos you poor dumb bastards all watch and giggle over.

D-C-L-X-V-I

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Country
Poland
I don't get it, my friends from 13 are ldgs ang going to Mali in 2018 (not even 10 months of service). What's the second stage of rouge?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
52 3 1
Home Country
United States
TomatoP,

I can only speak for my Reg. Also, You are CEA, right?. Why not send your MLE to Joe C or Rapace and come green, to the dark side..

Also, or send me the MLE. It must be 210 0r 211--- By now, I suspect 211, But do send the number man. If you are in CEA, I will send some buddies on over to see you. Say hello and or what not. They speak English, too.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
52 3 1
Home Country
United States
Hansenmen,

No, they were entirely new guys. If you go civil, you are put to work daily until you ventilate back to civilian world. You are not allowed to be near anyone else, but the rest of the civil pile. Cheers, I am so glad you got into your military and are not going to wast 5 good youthful years of your life. Good job man and keep up the good work buddy.

Hansenmann

Ratings
Home Country
Denmark
Hansenmen,

No, they were entirely new guys. If you go civil, you are put to work daily until you ventilate back to civilian world. You are not allowed to be near anyone else, but the rest of the civil pile. Cheers, I am so glad you got into your military and are not going to wast 5 good youthful years of your life. Good job man and keep up the good work buddy.
Thanks man, it's great and I love my job now.
You keep up the good work too.

enjolras

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Ratings
Home Country
French Polynesia
Most of 2e REP is going on opex next year as well. I don't think the 1½ year of service and 1ère classe rule is the same with us though. Either way, it looks like I and a lot of young'ns will be going because there's going to be a lot of people inapt/changing regiment/discharging.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
52 3 1
Home Country
United States
Yea, we had a major debacle in my regiment too but I won't publicly comment on that though. We have to be 1ère Classe and have 18 months service to go on Opex.

USMCRET

Ratings
130 2 5
Home Country
United States
I said it has dramatically been slowed. That is all. The regiments and new companies are basically filled.
Recruiting to fill discharges is not the same as trying to fill Regiments and Battalions. So naturally what DCLXVI is saying is spot on, recruitment for normal and natural attrition is easier and one can and will be more selective.

I talked with some Recruiters, Marine Corps, when Barrack Obama, POS, started to decimate the Marine Corps and other services, selection became very very selective. When I recruited the waivers for Marijuana use petty crimes, et. al., were not a problem. During the draw down nothing was waived.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Ratings
52 3 1
Home Country
United States
USMCRET,

Yes, Absolutely, I am going on OPEX, MISSION. I have already done all I need to do and have completed my passport for Opex. Only thing to do now is get on the plane. I am 1er Classe and also will be going to Stage Cpl after my Opex. So life will improve, Even more.

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom