a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current or former legionnaires on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
...Just give a periodic 'proof of life', that is, one post every two weeks as a minimum to pulse along the board with former legios posts...thanks:)

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Just thought I would add 3REi and St George.

sgtofmarines ex USMC

RaiderDingo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'd like to update the information for all the Ex Legion guys on the bord and if you served in another military prior to or after the Legion.
And all the prior services members either wanna be or just checking things out. Please follow this post and put your information in.

adrian

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
About bastard deserters...

Some guys are only 2 days, some guys ask to go home after going to rouge, some guys don't even go there. Besides, what's the glory being a cook for a 5 years contract? I mean, i met guys who finished their contract without ever being "sur le terrain", never done any hard shit, and i am just a deserter?
Damn, i had to do my whole f**king instruction whit boots of size 41 and my shoes are normally 43-44! Imagine the pain after 30km? Now my big toes are fucked up forever and then there are guys who never had any problems go to be a musician or technician or something and are proud legionnaires.

i'm getting old and i'm bitter...damn. :)

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
we had a brit cook at calvi he was one hard bastard, some nights he'd be making a banquet for vip's other nights fighting twats in the bar for taking the piss, cook's ,music at any time can go to war and know what the the score is. Not every one wants to be 00 section shock. just co's you see a legionnaire doing a less than glammerous job does not mean he is better or worst than you we all get stuck in and do what need's done.no matter how meanial. ;)

kuhlmann170852

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
I worked sometimes with USMC even ones I trained one Recon-platoon in Guyana for jungle combat etc. and other armies.
Very good souvenirs for me. I never understand this peoples who say, the Marines are the best or the Legion are the best etc. For me like an old Soldier is this, talking in the wind. Every unit in the world has bad and good things.

kuhlmann who has a lot of work :D :rolleyes: ;)

kriegohnehass

Reaction score
I served 3 yrs. in the USMC. Never made corporal, just another 0300 3 yr. Lance Corporal. Did Kaneohe, Pearl Harbor, Camp Pendleton {San Onefre, etc.}, San Diego.

The Dude

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
Eagle eye said:
....Any self-respecting army marches on its stomach as the saying goes and I tell yez there was always the 'ordinaire/mess hall' in Bonifacio to look forward to in the daily numbing barrack routine and during weekends when I was hard up for duros.....it was another story in Nîmes where I avoided it like the plague including 'lez tripez'.....in Mayotte, we had to be evacuated from a remote camp for a couple of days due to a crap cook....and in Beirut a unassuming and quiet Belgian dude saved the day with (yet another) crap cook (Bomer) who also gave us the shits again....Delmer turned around a bad situation into scoff we could look forward to every day....5-star battle restaurant in Roumieh prison near Beirut city....the Lebanese General Aon came round to visit the camp....a cook is a very important but ya better off with a good cook....

joette ✞

In Memoriam....Retired and missed Mod ...
Former Moderator
RIP ✞
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
kuhlmann170852 said:
I worked sometimes with USMC even ones I trained one Recon-platoon in Guyana for jungle combat etc. and other armies.
Very good souvenirs for me. I never understand this peoples who say, the Marines are the best or the Legion are the best etc. For me like an old Soldier is this, talking in the wind. Every unit in the world has bad and good things.

ja stimme ich zu....:)

flash010

Top Member
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
kuhlmann170852 said:

kuhlmann you hit it on the head its the most annoying thing to say to a grunt. nice one.:cool:

sam

Reaction score
No matter how hungry I was I could not eat the tripe, the boudin or liver. Who eats spinach and hard-boiled eggs for dinner? Sardines for breakfast? I was confused! Mes anciens......repas froid? We were at times served rations in camp and once we were told that there was no money and we were on our own for the meal. Tighten our belts, we were told.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
March 1980 to October 1984 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards.
November 1984 to November 1994 Legion Etranger
1 rec and Musique Prinicpale.
1994 to 2004 D Company 4th Battalion Royal Green Jackets T.A.V.R

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.