a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current migrant ‘crisis’ and its impact on the FFL

Sarahlouise

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
When I soon visit Somme I'll stop in at the 'Jungle', do some first hand research and pick up a few children MI5 style. Not!

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Merkel killed Europe.

The Uk will vote 'out' on the strength of re-establishing her borders. France will continue to rot from within, until a comprehesive rightwing government is established.

Teutonic Europe and Scandinavia will withdraw on popular vote.

Economic woes will continue to plague the economies.

The biggest winner of this will be Putain (sic) in the short term but as more right wing movements take hold in Europe and Russia's exports of gas become less valuable, Russia will be plunged further into economic and political isolation.

And to the really important bit of this thread, Food and Beer. Casa from Morocco was the best. Harar from Ethiopia and Club from Liberia were the worst. Both tasted like bleached mud...

And cassoulet is a dish best served... to some other bastard...

AS to my brothers here, I can name a few, even on this thread, of whom I have shared beer and then traded punches. It wasn't always brotherly love... wasn't it grand?

Some of signed a cheque when we took the Queens Shilling or the French Franc, for some of us were lucky that we never cashed it in, but it still has no expiry date, Would I pick up and lace up again if Johnny come lately starts pumping his gums, in a heartbeat,

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Poor people !
So why are they loitering in France when they could claim asylum in any EU country? Simple, they are economic migrants after an easy life on UK social security. No sympathy from me, the sooner they move them on the better.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Poor people !

Hi Loustic, I don't want to get into an argument with you about Migrants, but you have to remember that these people in Calais are putting a lot of people through misery. I saw a news broadcast where people are saying that they are frightened to go out at night or women who are scarred to go shopping alone.

A lot of people want to sell up and move away from Calais, but who wants to buy their homes?

A polish truck company owner, who was four times the worlds strongest man, posted a message on social media saying that he is going to go to Calais with a baseball bat to stop migrants from boarding his Trucks. One of the trucks was stopped and migrants were found aboard. He was given a 45 000 euro fine plus the migrants had caused around 30 000 to his truck and the merchandise.
He is now to go before the courts for instigating racial hatred.

No-one wants a human being to be put through hardship, but let's be honest, they are just looking for handouts.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Latest news, they are only 'moving' part of the migrants and 'relodging' them, this has been promised by the Préfet Prefect, in order to avoid 'violences'. So, no "poor people", just a problem being moved from one end to another.

Jefferson'86

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
A good photo op for Jude Law though.

I wonder how many migrants he sees in his neighborhood. The cleaner, the gardener, the limo driver, the drug dealer at the pub, ...

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
No-one wants a human being to be put through hardship, but let's be honest, they are just looking for handouts.

Here in the states, especially where I live in Los Angeles, middle eastern transplants openly admit to how they enjoy the handouts given to them by the US government. Apparently, if they declare motive to open a business, they are granted something like an $80,000 tax free grant to do so...which figures why so many liquor stores and 7/11s are owned and operated by middle easterners. Cab drivers will openly admit to taking advantage of their status as asylum seekers and the willingness of the US government to assist them in transitioning to life in the U.S.

Then there's the Mexicans. I'll just leave it at that. I mean, in what other country can illegals march on a nation's capital and demand rights and handouts?

I'm all for helping people and whatnot. But when you give an inch, and they demand a foot (or meter) and continually do so, at some point you have to put a stop to it.

This is something trendy lefties just don't get. It boggles my mind.

And again, I'm no crazy right winger either.

Brad Eldergar

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
(...) I'm all for helping people and whatnot. But when you give an inch, and they demand a foot (or meter) and continually do so, at some point you have to put a stop to it.

This is something trendy lefties just don't get. It boggles my mind.

And again, I'm no crazy right winger either.
I agree with that. However, that “put a stop to itâ€￾ I cannot see happening.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I don't understand why Europe doesn't have a vetting process like the U.S....it can take up to 2 years...or more, to conduct screening and background checks. I have zero problem with letting refugees for any reason into my country...but I want to know they have been properly vetted. They stay in the camps until the vetting is done. I mean for those who simply want work visas or educational visas then they must go through the paper work for those as well. But Does Europe just have open borders and let anyone just waltz in? I don't understand what is going on there. I see nothing wrong with keeping people who have no visa from coming in no matter the circumstances. This makes no sense. THere are procedures and they must be followed and what's more if you plan to let many people in you first need to make sure you have appropriate housing and room in classes for culture and language etc. YOu can't just flood nations with people with no process and no plan. This is insanity. I can see accelerated vetting for women, children, elderly or Christians (un PC I know) but still, procedures must be maintained and background checks must be conducted.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A good photo op for Jude Law though.

I wonder how many migrants he sees in his neighborhood. The cleaner, the gardener, the limo driver, the drug dealer at the pub, ...

Jeff, publicity stunt. I had never even heard of the guy before I saw him on France 2 20h news. It seems as though I'm not the only one as the migrants weren't taking any notice of him. Maybe they are like me and only remember the really big names.
Or maybe he came empty handed. He won't be the only one popping over, get an interview standing in the jungle and then get a warm coffee in a posh restaurant. I suppose it makes them feel better being a migrant for the day - or at least the time it takes to give your interview.

kkillert0fu

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Also consider how many of these "14" and "15" year olds blatantly look as if they are at least in their late 20s.

What kind of bullshit vetting process is that?

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
I don't understand why Europe doesn't have a vetting process like the U.S....it can take up to 2 years...or more, to conduct screening and background checks. I have zero problem with letting refugees for any reason into my country...but I want to know they have been properly vetted. They stay in the camps until the vetting is done. I mean for those who simply want work visas or educational visas then they must go through the paper work for those as well. But Does Europe just have open borders and let anyone just waltz in? I don't understand what is going on there. I see nothing wrong with keeping people who have no visa from coming in no matter the circumstances. This makes no sense. THere are procedures and they must be followed and what's more if you plan to let many people in you first need to make sure you have appropriate housing and room in classes for culture and language etc. YOu can't just flood nations with people with no process and no plan. This is insanity. I can see accelerated vetting for women, children, elderly or Christians (un PC I know) but still, procedures must be maintained and background checks must be conducted.

I don't get it either.. Like there is no procedure of entrance or laws that define it. I don't think that the focus is on solving the whole issue. Countries through which these refugees are migrating are preoccupied by passing the problem to the neighbours. "As soon as they exit the country it's not my problem, if I stop them from entering - even better!" type of situation.
If you want something as big as EU to work, you need to centralize it. If you centralize it, means Bruxelles will make decisions for all of us and that's the last thing any of the countries want. Like people here were saying before we entered the "new family": This is another "Yugoslavia", why are we entering something when we had to fight our way out of that same thing?

Sarahlouise

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
There are still people that follow the correct procedures to get a visa/work permit just not the ones that are fleeing war/trying to get a free ride etc.
It's easy to compare the migrants from the Middle East and North Africa to other refugees from other past conflicts until we remember which religion is involved (bloody religion!) and where the terrorist threats come from!
In my opinion ALL the men (and women if they so choose) should be given some sort of military training and deported back to the route of the problem to fight. If they choose not to do this, simple, they get deported.
The women, children and elderly on the other hand could be TEMPORARILY given shelter until the trouble is fixed then deported back to their families/husbands. Who knows how long it will take to sort though??

Sremac

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
I think that even if you gave them some sort of military training and deport them back to fight for their country they will come back, like boomerang. Those who are patriots are already fighting.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I think that even if you gave them some sort of military training and deport them back to fight for their country they will come back, like boomerang. Those who are patriots are already fighting.

I have seen in Brussels some (in fact many) who arrived here, exhausted, famished, and fearing the war : that's why they fled. Some are courageous enough to fight, but they say that they could not find any army or organization which would accept them. This includes the Kurds, good fighter, who don't want most of the others for stupid religious reasons !

This problem, and the Calais problem, should be dealt efficiently by the European Union, but they cannot do anything because some countries use their veto right !

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
(...)This problem, and the Calais problem, should be dealt efficiently by the European Union, but they cannot do anything because some countries use their veto right !

E.U, is ineffective, they creates more problems then they ever solved. This is why "some countries" uses their veto, it's their way of saying; "Can we be in charge of our own country and destiny, for a while"?

Jefferson'86

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have seen in Brussels some (in fact many) who arrived here, exhausted, famished, and fearing the war : that's why they fled. Some are courageous enough to fight, but they say that they could not find any army or organization which would accept them. This includes the Kurds, good fighter, who don't want most of the others for stupid religious reasons !

This problem, and the Calais problem, should be dealt efficiently by the European Union, but they cannot do anything because some countries use their veto right !

How many safe EU countries have these people passed through looking for 'asylum' on their way to Calais?

and why? Because they are seeking economic advantage, not safety.

We are at tipping point here and our culture in the UK is in decline from these people who burden our health system and welfare system and only add to our crime figures. They fail to assimilate, demand sharia law and bring all the misery and barbarity with them that created their problems.

They have sh;t their own beds and now want to share my mattress.

Close the jungle and send them to Mutti Merkle.

25% of your Brussels is now muslim. Do you want any more of them?

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
I am kind of thinking...' wtf does the Native, North-americans (Indians), think about 'white' illegal immigrants? Then, what do you know about, the refugee status, after putting them (native americans) in reservations? 'Collective Alzheimer' ?