a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Criminal, medical history and parachuting

Status
Not open for further replies.

slntstn

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I have been charged several times with assault occasioning in greivous bodily harm/actual bodily harm. These offences were over a 5 year period with the latest 3 years ago. Most offenses were due to the defence of myself and others. I was charged despite defending myself and others due to the injuries caused to my attackers, and due to training in multiple martial arts from a young age. I have wound scarring from my lower back, chest and head, all of which are from only skin lacerations; no serious injury at all. I have no problems with authority and show full respect to all persons. Please understand that my criminal history has caused me much mental pain searching for possible employment as i have a degree also.

Would my history cause my rejection from the Legion?

Does the Legion actually contact foreign police for criminal history?

Is parachuting compulsory for all infantry regiments? Or is parachuting compulsory for 2REI special forces?

Thank you for your time.

Rad

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
The Legion has one parachute regiment,the 2REP.
As far as I know,no other regiments jump.
And as for your history,it depends on how well you explain your past,and of the will of the person that speaks to you.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
The Legionnaires will be along shortly.
Far as the assault thing goes, don't think it will be an issue, neither will a few scars. I believe the engineer regiments have para-trained guys in them too, but i'ts not compulsary to jump. I reckon your best bet is to just be honest with the Gestapo when you get there about your scrappy past. Good luck and try and stay out of the bar-fights lol

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Welcome to the forum.
Read through the forum, your answer is definitely there. Use the "search".

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
Ok. Let's put it straight : the one and only airborne unit in the Legion is 2° REP. Nothing elsewhere... In other regiments you may have so-called SMPS (Section Militaire de Parachutisme Sportif) : these are recreational parachuting sort of clubs that you can be a member of if you want to do sky diving in civilian sky diving centers when you're off duty. Full stop.
For the rest, UTFSF (use the f...ing search function) :).

Status
Not open for further replies.