a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
On the first one which was the Sino, no after jab effects, however, the 2nd one which was Astra-Zenica, that was a different story all together.

Interesting! Well if your second jab gave you some side effects is a good sign regarding the efficiency of the chinese one since it would sugest that it has cross efficiency with Astrazeneca.

It was so bad that I felt sorry for those who would be joining up and going to the farm during winter o_O:eek:. Now normally, I don't give a f@ck about that. It was just to put a bit of highlighter on my symptoms. It lasted until the morning and that was it.

LOL!!

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I shit you not since I am doubly vaccinated the wifi connection at my place works sh$t! :ROFLMAO:
Don't worry Fdg, the Mothership will arrive on schedule and the Negromongers will transport all those who have obeyed to the promised Underverse.

(Chronicles of Riddick)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Don't worry Fdg, the Mothership will arrive on schedule and the Negromongers will transport all those who have obeyed to the promised Underverse.

(Chronicles of Riddick)

LoL!

Btw didn't Vin Diesel used to be like twice as big? I didn't recognize him at first

Reaction score
Home Country
Zimbabwe

(Chronicles of Riddick)
Love these flicks, great boredom killers. Trouble is you get pissed and roll around on the deck in Oakleys playing Delta Force with the cat. I'll get my coat......

Tonyus

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
Pfft... Oakley's and having to explain the scratches... Try Ray-Ban Aviators and "You talkin' to me?" in the mirror Taxi driver style. Extra style points for wearing just a coat and underwear...

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi All,

I've been watching the (French) news and it seems as though they are in their 5th wave -whatever that means-? What I can tell you is that in order for you 'pass sanitaire' to be valid, you will have to have had a third injection. You have up to 7 months after your second injection.

This is what P$sses me off with trolls like (I forget his name) Should I stay of should I go, now because if he had gone instead of lying to us, we would have had an idea at least, of what it was like when he was supposed to have been.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Hi All,

I've been watching the (French) news and it seems as though they are in their 5th wave -whatever that means-? What I can tell you is that in order for you 'pass sanitaire' to be valid, you will have to have had a third injection. You have up to 7 months after your second injection.

This is what P$sses me off with trolls like (I forget his name) Should I stay of should I go, now because if he had gone instead of lying to us, we would have had an idea at least, of what it was like when he was supposed to have been.

Hey Joe, are you sure about the third dose? As far as we know here in EU, the travel pass is valid with 2 shots.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Hey Joe, are you sure about the third dose? As far as we know here in EU, the travel pass is valid with 2 shots.

I am not sure how it is really working outhere, but I am guessing there is no much options for vaccines in EU (Pfizer, J&J, Janssen, etc).
So they are really supposed to be just 2 shots, other countries, such as mine, has many, but has also some with lack of reliability,
I had 2 already like 2 or even 3 months ago, and is already available the third one for my age, but not sure which 'brand' they will apply to me.
In our case, lockdown will be not an option, otherwise it will collapse financially, so, all they can do is taking vaccines.
I wouldnt bother taking the third, since I didnt want take SinoVac, so, I hope they give me pfizer or whatever

tldr: I dont think people in the army (whatever which one), would keep arguing and debating, if they had an order to take one or 3 shots,
guess they will comply. Same to people planning to enlist, if France requires 3 shots, just take the damn vacc and go and enlist...

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Third dose is a must if you want to maintain your health pass up to date..as from the 15 of december, if your health passeport is not uptodate with the third jab...is considered, Null / invalid
The nasal test, that used to give you 72/76 hrs validité...will be reduced to 24 hrs
South Africans cannot travel to France...new variant
Customs controls at the frontiers...
If you are not up to date with all your jabs...do not travel to France
L.P.C.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Third dose is a must if you want to maintain your health pass up to date..as from the 15 of december, if your health passeport is not uptodate with the third jab...is considered, Null / invalid
The nasal test, that used to give you 72/76 hrs validité...will be reduced to 24 hrs
South Africans cannot travel to France...new variant
Customs controls at the frontiers...
If you are not up to date with all your jabs...do not travel to France
L.P.C.

Its weird, because for example in the Netherlands they do not give the 3rd jab yet but we can travel around... I suggest everybody intentioned to travel to check, it might be a country per country thing. Also because there is no trace of 3rd jab requirement in the link I posted from the french gov

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
First pf all, thank you LPN, for confirming what I have written. It was at first from those close to a hundred years old (well not quite) to cut a long story short, it applies to everyone over the age of 18.
FdG, the time the French government get their finger we'll be talking about wave number 9.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
FdG, the time the French government get their finger we'll be talking about wave number 9.

From where do you get your informations then? Because there is no trace of 3rd jab mentions for under-65 in France anywhere yet, but I read the 29 of November they will come up with new dispositions.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
According to a press release that has been issued today, November 26, by the French Prime Minister Jean Castex, travellers from South Africa, Lesotho, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, and Eswatini will no longer be permitted to enter France for a minimum period of 48 hours.

Nonetheless, the entry ban might get extended if the situation requires it.

In addition, the same has announced that the entry ban will apply to everyone, even to those who have been fully vaccinated or recovered from the COVID-19 disease.

I'm sure if I had the time I could find where it is written that 19 million have to have the 3rd Jab before January. It is all over the French news.
I just don't have the time at the moment to look for it. And besides, I'm not concerned about it.
Perhaps someone else...?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
I'm sure if I had the time I could find where it is written that 19 million have to have the 3rd Jab before January. It is all over the French news.
I just don't have the time at the moment to look for it. And besides, I'm not concerned about it.
Perhaps someone else...?

Well I am looking into it since it is relevant for my plans, I believe you about the 3rd shot, I am just baffled since I am not going to get it here where I live for the foreseeable future so I have to work around a solution.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
I am seeing that you can still travel to France without vaccination if you have a negative PCR test not older than 24 hours; at least this is what the Dutch government says. Let's hope it stays the same after the new changes so that would be possible to travel.

For people coming from NL: https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/landen/frankrijk/reizen/reisadvies

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I am seeing that you can still travel to France without vaccination if you have a negative PCR test not older than 24 hours; at least this is what the Dutch government says. Let's hope it stays the same after the new changes so that would be possible to travel.

For people coming from NL: https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/landen/frankrijk/reizen/
I gave the post a :eek: wow, for want of other options. Getting into France, for the moment anyway, is not the problem. Once you are there, then what? I was just watching yesterday how some people were arrested for carrying false covid docs. and two were arrested for carrying someone else's. These were from bars and cafes. One cafe patron was fined for not having checked the clients. They made the news because simply getting a 135 euros fine for not being vaccinated or having the PCR test won't make the news anymore.
But back to my question, once you are in France then what? You have twenty four hours in which to make it Fort de Nogent. What if they tell you (as we have seen happen in the past) to come back the next day? Now that does deserve a :eek:. You are not going to get a hotel without a pass. Even travelling by train or coach you need one..;
I believe you about the 3rd shot,
Thanks it does reassure me somewhat that there is at least one person on here who thinks that I do check what I am posting and that I don't only post sh$te ;), :whistle::giggle:

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
I gave the post a :eek: wow, for want of other options. Getting into France, for the moment anyway, is not the problem. Once you are there, then what? I was just watching yesterday how some people were arrested for carrying false covid docs. and two were arrested for carrying someone else's. These were from bars and cafes. One cafe patron was fined for not having checked the clients. They made the news because simply getting a 135 euros fine for not being vaccinated or having the PCR test won't make the news anymore.
But back to my question, once you are in France then what? You have twenty four hours in which to make it Fort de Nogent. What if they tell you (as we have seen happen in the past) to come back the next day? Now that does deserve a :eek:. You are not going to get a hotel without a pass. Even travelling by train or coach you need one..;

Yeah Joe it's a hell of a mess with these regulations and the situation changes often. What makes it worse in my case is that compared to other European nations here in NL the approach is kind of mild and stuff like the 3rd dose of vaccine didn't even start for elders I think. In any case I will be making sure in a month time when I get my ticket to check the situation and to organize me accordingly. I won't be hitting the bars in any case nor I have intention to hang around in metropolitan France that long, unless I am sent somewhere. In the meantime, if I can catch that 3rd shot, I'll do it.

Thanks it does reassure me somewhat that there is at least one person on here who thinks that I do check what I am posting and that I don't only post sh$te ;), :whistle::giggle:

Well I bet it is more than one person that thinks that! :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
As from the 15 of January....if you have not recieved the third booster jab.... your health pass, Q.R. code on phone or paper is invalid...meaning, no bars/ resteraunts/ concerts/ football matches....etc
Customs, Gendarmerie/ Police...blah
Are reinforcing controls at the borders
3 x Pfizer or whatever...do not even attempt getting out of your bed unless you have done all 3
P.C.R. test valade for 24 hrs, no more
Isolation / Confinement...will be at your charge...Ask Zeroni, greek dude who posted on here on the subject (expensive expérience)