a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
Is it still difficult to get a vaccine in Brazil?
it vary from each region, my state is going to the third vaccine shot in next month. I got second vaccine already,
but it still not being accepted by France. Even others countries in Europe has put it in the whitelist (Sinovac-CoronaVac).
Just wanted to be sure what was the position of FFL about it, and damn, still have to improve a lot my french.
But I bet for next year it will be accepted, or at least we (here) will have already taken another one (such as Johnson, Pfizer or whatever)

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
it vary from each region, my state is going to the third vaccine shot in next month. I got second vaccine already,

I see, such a shame that it is not recognized yet. But I bet this will change soon. I have also got the second jab (Pfizer) and would like to get another one but at the moment is not possible through the healthcare system here where I live. In campus at my university you can get an anonymous shot if you want (or something like that), I was pondering to go do it.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
I think every vaccine will probably extend to one more, even in US (it seems), they are already distributing the 3rd.
As I understand its not the main problem or objective with FFL, they just want to confirm if you are not with covid / symptoms,
no matter how did you got through, to enter in France. If I get another one, specially from those which are accepted by France,
so one more problem will be gone.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I see, such a shame that it is not recognized yet. But I bet this will change soon. I have also got the second jab (Pfizer) and would like to get another one but at the moment is not possible through the healthcare system here where I live. In campus at my university you can get an anonymous shot if you want (or something like that), I was pondering to go do it.
Go by the rules

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
anynews guys? has anything change in the recruitment process since i was there since january?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Things are relaxing here,... Président Macron will give a speach on Thursday....maybe, we can drop the masks ?

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Things are relaxing here,... Président Macron will give a speach on Thursday....maybe, we can drop the masks ?
The French government gave me enough jabs to last 3 lifetimes (as they did all of us).

I'm sitting this one out until they prove it won't make me pregnant.

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
how long does it take now to get your real identity back in the legion and what if i dont want my real identity again? is it possible to keep it

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
For the time in the Légion, you can refuse or request getting back your original I.D....
Do not ask this question in Gestapo
I have warned you

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
how long does it take now to get your real identity back in the legion and what if i dont want my real identity again? is it possible to keep it
Heed LPC's advice. You can keep your legion ID until the last week of your service where you MUST be without exception, rectified, in other words, get your own name back. If you don't want anyone to know that you have been in the legion, on the Friday of the last week of your contract, when you have your photo taken with the general, you can ask to have an X to replace your name.
However ! Should you wish to take French nationality then you can opt for your name to be franciser:

Un décret de francisation de nom et/ou de prénom est publié au Journal officiel. La préfecture vous adresse ou vous remet un extrait du décret. Vous pouvez demander la mise à jour de vos actes d'état civil. La demande est à faire au procureur de la République : Magistrat à la tête du parquet (ou ministère public).

Normally I'd take the time to translate this, but I haven't got the time.
What it means is that basically if you are called Piotre Moulinskovitch, you will be given three alternatives of a French name, for example Pierre Moulin.
I hope that I've been clear enough, start by translating the decree.

I'm running a bit late for more morning Jog, :love::LOL::ROFLMAO: (but that doesn't mean that I can't still come out with some hilarious memes ! );)

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
anynews guys? has anything change in the recruitment process since i was there since january?
Just read from some french sources/papers, France is now accepting (some mention restrictions or exceptions) people vaccinated with any vaccine in the approved by WHO. Cant really validate if the sources are really trustuded. But since my plan is going enlist in the next year, guess I would be 100% clear to go.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'm just back from getting my first Pfizer injection. It is from the US so I have a lot more confidence than the two which I was given before, one of them being sinovac, which as the name tells you is Chinese.

The Jabs are for those ex-pats which have not had any injections up to now. Knowing how the people work here, I thought that I might as well take the risk. And it worked.

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
I'm just back from getting my first Pfizer injection. It is from the US so I have a lot more confidence than the two which I was given before, one of them being sinovac, which as the name tells you is Chinese.

Sh$t you got the chinese one! Just out of curiosity, did you experience any major side effects?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
On the first one which was the Sino, no after jab effects, however, the 2nd one which was Astra-Zenica, that was a different story all together.
It was done at a local hospital which was very clean and they carried out all the protocols correctly i.e. distancing, time of recup. after the jab. But when I went to take my 3rd shower - 1 in the morning, 1 after the short walk from the 'baht bus'- and just before going to bed, I started shaking from cold. In this house we have never put on the air con, so it can't be from that.
It was so bad that I felt sorry for those who would be joining up and going to the farm during winter o_O:eek:. Now normally, I don't give a f@ck about that. It was just to put a bit of highlighter on my symptoms. It lasted until the morning and that was it.
Will there be any long term effects - only time will tell :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
On the first one which was the Sino, no after jab effects, however, the 2nd one which was Astra-Zenica, that was a different story all together.
It was done at a local hospital which was very clean and they carried out all the protocols correctly i.e. distancing, time of recup. after the jab. But when I went to take my 3rd shower - 1 in the morning, 1 after the short walk from the 'baht bus'- and just before going to bed, I started shaking from cold. In this house we have never put on the air con, so it can't be from that.
It was so bad that I felt sorry for those who would be joining up and going to the farm during winter o_O:eek:. Now normally, I don't give a f@ck about that. It was just to put a bit of highlighter on my symptoms. It lasted until the morning and that was it.
Will there be any long term effects - only time will tell :LOL::ROFLMAO:
All sorts of stories going around about that AZ jab (all of them in fact). I saw in interview with Eric Clapton who lost the use of his hands for about 3 months and had to cancel gigs etc. It's a lucky dip it seems. In our local hospital for example, the Covid wards are empty but the cardio ward is full (of double vaccinated). Anyway - don't get me going on conspiracy theories!