a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• WARNING

We have been alerted of inappropriate behaviours on the forum. We firmly condamn any form of agressivity, harassment, threats etc...
    Members will be banned if they don't follow the rules (see rules agreement during registration setup)

Citizenship on discharge

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
His rantings and ravings about the légion and légionnaires will not get him reengaged...not even a certificat de bonne conduite or a residents card
I want him to read this
Feeble wee shyte that it is

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the heads up Joe, re the man Cloggy. Difficult to understand why some people do what they do knowing they will get castigated by the more adult community members.
Anyway I would like to reframe my question.
An englishman joins FFL does ten years has Good conduct. However he has "history" in UK and no desire to return. So, he has a liking for French Guyana on discharge he moves to Guyana sets up a business would his spilled blood eligibility from FFL give automatic entitlement to Guyanese citizenship as it is still a Fench territory?
If anyone has had this kind of experience it would be nice to know how the mechanics of the transition worked good or bad .

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the heads up Joe, re the man Cloggy. Difficult to understand why some people do what they do knowing they will get castigated by the more adult community members.
Anyway I would like to reframe my question.
An englishman joins FFL does ten years has Good conduct. However he has "history" in UK and no desire to return. So, he has a liking for French Guyana on discharge he moves to Guyana sets up a business would his spilled blood eligibility from FFL give automatic entitlement to Guyanese citizenship as it is still a Fench territory?
If anyone has had this kind of experience it would be nice to know how the mechanics of the transition worked good or bad .
That’s different thinking outside the box I don’t no your answers but I have empathy I just came back and answered the music must say the judge looked favourable at me even if he did refer to me a “ squash buckling musketeer” also I did tell a porky said I was just back on reengagement leave 😂😂😂
God loves a chancer, and BITD no one did it better
Good luck with your journey however it pans out.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That’s different thinking outside the box I don’t no your answers but I have empathy I just came back and answered the music must say the judge looked favourable at me even if he did refer to me a “ squash buckling musketeer” also I did tell a porky said I was just back on reengagement leave 😂😂😂
God loves a chancer, and BITD no one did it better
Good luck with your journey however it pans out.
Thanks Papilon. Glad the judge was in a benevolent mood. The reason I asked the question is I am writing a novel with the lead character being a former legionnaire. Not wanting to be factually incorrect or do disservice to the legionnaires serving or former. Forum members Joe and LPC in particular not forgetting Tonyus have been a valuable resource for which I am extremely grateful. My musketeering days are in the past. but I am partial to a bit of swash buckling from time to time GOOD LUCK with your reengagement🤪

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You can reside in french Guyane with a residents card...valade for 10 years. I know ex légionnaire s who have went to live in french Guyane after their service. There is not alot of job oppertunities over there. Unless you created your own thing

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi Trident, Guyane is a French department, albeit overseas, (known as a DOM) you have exactly the same rights and privileges as you would if you were living on mainland France.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
You can reside in french Guyane with a residents card...valade for 10 years. I know ex légionnaire s who have went to live in french Guyane after their service. There is not alot of job oppertunities over there. Unless you created your own thing

security contractors for Centre Spatial Guyanais; CSG possible ?