Care to go for a swim at night?

176607Mick

Unregistered
I stumbled upon this article today (which for a little foreview states that SEALs have to do a long nightswim as part of training across a Great White Shark breeding ground)

https://www.quora.com/How-do-Navy-SEALs-protect-themselves-from-sharks-when-swimming-in-the-ocean

Any ex Navy men here care to confirm?

All SEAL teams?
Wtf? This is a legion forum? All the seals I worked with have too much hair gel to be able to swim that far. How do you know some guy was a seal? Because they endlessly tell you so. I along with many others from the SF community do not consider a force comprising of 19000 men, as SF. Trained up to a good RM standard, and effective but not SF.

mark wake

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Wtf? This is a legion forum? All the seals I worked with have too much hair gel to be able to swim that far. How do you know some guy was a seal? Because they endlessly tell you so. I along with many others from the SF community do not consider a force comprising of 19000 men, as SF. Trained up to a good RM standard, and effective but not SF.
Aye. Good lads. But I think the sas/sbs could teach them a thing or two!

176607Mick

Unregistered
No dramas. I apologise for coming over a bit grumpy about it, and you are right, this is a place for other subjects.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Why you are so upset Mick? I was a SEAL ! I would wrote much more about it but my hair gel is sticking on keyboard. :(

Now seriously. I thought that in your job Italians or number one in hair gel usage. Aren't they? ;)

176607Mick

Unregistered
Why you are so upset Mick? I was a SEAL ! I would wrote much more about it but my hair gel is sticking on keyboard. :(

Now seriously. I thought that in your job Italians or number one in hair gel usage. Aren't they? ;)
Shut up and go to France.

When I was still in the Brazilian Marines Corps and we had to do open sea exercises the biggest problem were jellyfish and other cnidarians. It was very common for someone to be attacked and quite nasty too. Never had problems with sharks.

Most viewed threads of the week