a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caporal Chef Palin

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
When i arrived in 1983, he sure was, the lad he spoke to, is me brother Jock Leggett, i didn't start screwing up and getting thrown into la taule, then after our return from Djibouti, in 1984, :D but then, it wasn't Ray running the shop anymore.
O my good God that is a blast from the past you know that Jock Is now back in the land of the heathen.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Aye, i know, Bonny lad he is, he have had some issues with health, but seem to get on cracking, i Love him, his my Brother. :)

Had a good jock mate who served with me in the 13th. He drank like a bloody fish and was always in trouble. He's been gone some time now. Cancer got him. God how I miss him and those days!

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Mark,

As we get older we all miss those days. The good and the bad.

However once you have completed your contract wearing the Kepi Blanc, won the coveted green beret or the maroon parachute regiment beret and served, .......no bugger can ever take it away from you !

Sadly most of my oppos have now crossed the bar, but , I wish the younger generation, of would be warriors, every future success.

It is no good as a youngster simply dreaming. Carpe diem.

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Aye, i know, Bonny lad he is, he have had some issues with health, but seem to get on cracking, i Love him, his my Brother. :)
One hell of a boxer as well. Wonder if he still trains the youngsters where he is now, would teach the kids a lot about discipline and teamwork

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
Mark,

As we get older we all miss those days. The good and the bad.

However once you have completed your contract wearing the Kepi Blanc, won the coveted green beret or the maroon parachute regiment beret and served, .......no bugger can ever take it away from you !

Sadly most of my oppos have now crossed the bar, but , I wish the younger generation, of would be warriors, every future success.

It is no good as a youngster simply dreaming. Carpe diem.
Not forgetting us that wore a khaki beret with the household division flash behind the cap badge or wore a bearskin and tunic on public duties. Long may the banter continue.

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
One hell of a boxer as well. Wonder if he still trains the youngsters where he is now, would teach the kids a lot about discipline and teamwork

I have the impression, he's for now, chilling out with family and friends. There comes a time in life, we have to step away from some of the things, maybe all, but that is when we are about to kick the bucket, so as long there's a flame of life, Rock the feck on! :)

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
I have the impression, he's for now, chilling out with family and friends. There comes a time in life, we have to step away from some of the things, maybe all, but that is when we are about to kick the bucket, so as long there's a flame of life, Rock the feck on! :)
You get a Amen for that one Don !!!!

M

Martin Scott

Unregistered
(...) ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis.(...) I absolve you from your sins. Not bad for a former altarboy? That will be a glass of Jameson's,or, a pint of the best, don't be cheap,Brother. :D
Parta nosta qui in caelis I can speak Latin as well and I was a former altar boy as well

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Not forgetting us that wore a khaki beret with the household division flash behind the cap badge or wore a bearskin and tunic on public duties. Long may the banter continue.

Met those lads in Northern Ireland! It was a good feeling knowing those lads were there as backup during a sweep! British army # 24232565 how's that for a sprog?

ctmurray1155

Reaction score
Home Country
Albania
I served in the mighty 3eme escadron of 1er REC for 5 years, four with Palin. This kid is full of shit.
Why the animosity I'm his Lil nephew just after some info on our ray if you want proof I will post it now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
No animosity whatsoever.

We have had 'walts' in the past claiming to be from various units. Nevertheless in truth, the written English in your posts was strange to say the least. Hence the doubters of whom I was one.

You will note the respect by all for Caporal Chef Palin.

I have responded to your private e-mail.

ctmurray1155

Reaction score
Home Country
Albania
No animosity whatsoever.

We have had 'walts' in the past claiming to be from various units. Nevertheless in truth, the written English in your posts was strange to say the least. Hence the doubters of whom I was one.

You will note the respect by all for Caporal Chef Palin.

I have responded to your private e-mail.
Cheers brother

ctmurray1155

Reaction score
Home Country
Albania
Cheers brother

The response of all you on here was brilliant shows our kid has still got loyal backing by his team and its almost 15 years since he died upmost respect lads see what we can do now to live up to his name