a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camp Raffalli, Calvi

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It must have been after, ",Daguet," 91, by my reckoninig and if true...it goes to show

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hard enough the year now the painters name, my brain is that mashed I can go to bed in my civilian name and wake up with my nom de guerre, Well as I’m on the wagon their is no motivation but got me hooked to keep logging in to see if the puzzle has been broke 😀Enjoying this THANKS.
I've definitely got that painter, It's a lady whose first name is Valérie (I've got her co-ordinates, tel number, face book etc). but she isn't answering yet. Perhaps it's because I've asked for a souvenir of her participation -I was thinking along the lines of a photo, or anything.
Of course I'm not saying that that qualifies me for at least one of the bottles :unsure:;).
You'll know by the end of the day.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
A shame you find it such a joke!.was joining the legion and the REP a joke also!?..I will take this else where..apologies to all for even bringing the subject up!
Your not serious are you? A bit of light banter around the wine! As for the subject matter as I said I think one of the best threads started on this form for a long time I stopped taking life to serious many years ago but I’m still struggling to find any negativity as for the Legion and the REP you will have your own personal reasons for joining as did I, also think BITD the legion was a very different place never thought any of it a “joke” just a place to run to and hide from the rest of the world as at that time in my life it was quite a big sentence in jail in the U.K. or a gamble and get it so my motivation/behaviour and view of life was a tad different, then I had no doubt that I would get a hard time as a binge drinking alcoholic the culture of the Brits speaking guys work hard play harder special Ks on tap foyer/company mess any event the wine and bottles laid out come on Mark chill out buddy as certainly did not mean to offend you.
I left the U.K. with one intention not just to join the legion but join the REP and I also wanted to join the 2nd company as I had done quite a bit of rock climbing and winter training in the Brit army unfortunately 4th company were low in numbers due the the accident in 1982 so we all ended up their! Well long and winded but certainly don’t post stuff to offend guys but I will say it as I see it!
Also don’t forget BITD to go straight to the REP you had to do tops or very close to that in basic I went straight even after doing 2x stunts in the jail during training I’m proud of what I achieved as in the bigger picture the REP is still quite an exclusive club to be part of regardless of how we acted in a personal manner!
Have a good day.

Last edited:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Your not serious are you? A bit of light banter around the wine! As for the subject matter as I said I think one of the best threads started on this form for a long time I stopped taking life to serious many years ago but I’m still struggling to find any negativity as for the Legion and the REP you will have your own personal reasons for joining as did I, also think BITD the legion was a very different place never thought any of it a “joke” just a place to run to and hide from the rest of the world as at that time in my life it was quite a big sentence in jail in the U.K. or a gamble and get it so my motivation/behaviour and view of life was a tad different, then I had no doubt that I would get a hard time as a binge drinking alcoholic the culture of the Brits speaking guys work hard play harder special Ks on tap foyer/company mess any event the wine and bottles laid out come on Mark chill out buddy as certainly did not mean to offend you.
I left the U.K. with one intention not just to join the legion but join the REP and I also wanted to join the 2nd company as I had done quite a bit of rock climbing and winter training in the Brit army unfortunately 4th company were low in numbers due the the accident in 1982 so we all ended up their! Well long and winded but certainly don’t post stuff to offend guys but I will say it as I see it!
Also don’t forget BITD to go straight to the REP you had to do tops or very close to that in basic I went straight even after doing 2x stunts in the jail during training I’m proud of what I achieved as in the bigger picture the REP is still quite an exclusive club to be part of regardless of how we acted in a personal manner!
Have a good day.
You talk too much!😉..already forgotten. Wonder 🤔what the odds are on who is going to get this!?..

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I may have missed an episode there. If you're on about the bottle of wine, I'm a good bet. I've got even got the fluzzy's physical address. all I need now is for her or the REP's official website to answer me.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I may have missed an episode there. If you're on about the bottle of wine, I'm a good bet. I've got even got the fluzzy's physical address. all I need now is for her or the REP's official website to answer me.
My money is on you Joe think you have the connections to nail this riddle, but I will put one formal guess in as my final answer the Millennium 2000 just a wild guess 😀

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Don’t know where you get all these connections Joseph!😉..I’m with jwaltos on this one.. my final guess is 2013.

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Has the trail gone cold?
Give it a bit more time mate..out of respect for the forum and especially the camp raffalli thread I’m prepared to wait awhile..I’ve decided I’m not going wonder🤔 all the way to the end of the year though!..if no joy by the end of September.. I’ll be looking at other avenues..why?..because it gets to be politicized..or starts ending up looking like a soap opera!!..

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'll publish later what I know, what I can say off my head is that it was painted by Valérie fauré. No-one seems to want to respond as to when?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
1629522490957.png
I have re-sent a message asking her what year she painted the frescoes, How do I know it's her who painted it?

1629522908070.png
The REP is no better at answering. I even gave them her name. F F sake, Finding out who even painted it was a mission. How can anyone be so dumb as not to leave the date, I mean she does things like chapelles and other chateaux d'eau (please note all those who are studying French where the pluriel is.) It's not as if it would go unnoticed either.

Papillon

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Give it a bit more time mate..out of respect for the forum and especially the camp raffalli thread I’m prepared to wait awhile..I’ve decided I’m not going wonder🤔 all the way to the end of the year though!..if no joy by the end of September.. I’ll be looking at other avenues..why?..because it gets to be politicized..or starts ending up looking like a soap opera!!..
No rush from my part, I’m just really interested to the outcome and year as till you raised it and in my time it being blanc it was nothing I had thought about till you raised the question it’s a good thread Mark keep it going till we bottom it out we will get to the bottom of it one way or another👍

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The last tour of Afghanistan was when for the REP ?
2010, like the REI ?
I would think it was done post Afghanistan...but am sure of nowt.