a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C4 Combat Course

IRL_legion

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Video on 2e REP facebook page.

The “C4” Or Combat Corps adapted to the high intensity combat allows the legionnaire to neutralize one or more opponents at short range by means of firearms, bladed weapons or bare hands.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That is a cool video. Wonder if it's only for 2 REP
Interesting. Thank you, however I was not over impressed. I believe that unarmed combat is in the Legion basic training syllabus. It is a regular feature of training sessions for RM recruits here in the UK.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I think that focus in this video isn't on unarmed combat but more on putting one under pressure. As we can see it's some form of polygon and guy in full gear looking pretty tired. Attackers don't really trying to overcome him just to put him under pressure and than they cooperate with his attacks. This really doesn't help much in melee combat but it helps on practicing reactions under pressure while being tired and that is more likely situation on modern battlefield than first one.

BTW I saw one forum member doing similar exercises in old days. He was doing without equipment or head protection. It was much more brutal and closer to reality. At the end he had little blood on his face . ;)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
It's for fitness / endurance and reflex's
Some stuff, you can actually use when rucking. ..likes of crossing your legs, when you are on the ground to protect your testicules
When you box, you use your arms and fists to protect you = guard
When you are on your back, you use your legs and feet to protect the essentials
All regiments at some time do this kind of exercice. ..and more so on a stage commando

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's for fitness / endurance and reflex's
Some stuff, you can actually use when rucking. ..likes of crossing your legs, when you are on the ground to protect your testicules
When you box, you use your arms and fists to protect you = guard
When you are on your back, you use your legs and feet to protect the essentials
All regiments at some time do this kind of exercice. ..and more so on a stage commando
Yes I agree... A lot of fighting is fitness, any system has a multitude of techniques but how the individual uses them is down to him & the situation. Not two fights are the same. No rules like boxing. Take what is useful to you.
Be water my friend :D

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
A session of this tires you more than a couple of tours around the obstacle course
I repeat, it's more for fitness / endurance and reflex's
Depending on instructor and pupil = +/- hard