a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Briton Anna Campbell killed fighting with Kurdish YPJ unit

boss

Admin
Reaction score
Home Country
France
_100474445_13c8767e-3270-45b4-ae14-e132cb330a00.jpg

A British woman volunteer with the all-female Kurdish armed unit the YPJ has been killed in Syria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43453292

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Ironmax- Malcolm.

Welcome to the forum and Jai Hind. You have some excellent regiments and the Jawans are excellent. Or I could say; Usque izaart bahaut atcha hai Shabash . Have you thought of joining them ?
Kiswasti Ap Legion monkta hai ?

Fellow Orthodox Christian. That is St. Peter's icon (ikona svetog Petra) for avatar? Who will guess that Irishman will choose that. :)

BTW my town's day is St. Peter (or how do you say that in English? We call it "Petrovdan" (Petersday)). In Serbia we have nice tradition according by every town have its "saint protector" (also every house) which is celebrated. In smaller towns like mine that is really big day for a village. Population doubles that day. Don't have to be Einstein to guess that we all get really drunk that day (usually days). :)

Or other nations have this tradition too? I guess that many towns have day which is celebrated as town's- day. Here is usually some Christian holiday and it's really big thing in smaller towns (not so much in big ones).

Is it St.Peter on 12th July in your church IrishHermit? What calendar you using, Gregorian or older Julian as we do?

Last edited:

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Why so many westerners volunteers for Kurdish army? I mean if choice is between Kurds and ISIS answer is obvious, but I think many westerners go there without really knowing complicated political (even geopolitical) relationships in that area.

Living in country which have been through 3-4 wars during 90s I know that in war there is usually no god and bad. There is no right and wrong side. There's only "us" and "them" and all are bad.

From obscured info from media they (westerners ) conclude that Kurds are good guys and everyone else are bad. That's too oversimplified version of reality. If someone is eager to believe whatever man from little box says ... I can't go against that, but now we have some other little boxes and we can poke for some info other from what is served on plate for us like we are some braindead live stoke ready for slaughter.

One with brain will ask him self questions about death of this girl. So she fought for Kurds who are great US,UK ally. Get killed by Turkish bombing who or another great US,UK ally. Hmmm?

I'm really pissed when Americans say that Saudi Arabia is their great ally. So then ISIS is your great ally too? You can't have one without another. That is near fact.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Fellow Orthodox Christian. That is St. Peter's icon (ikona svetog Petra) for avatar? Who will guess that Irishman will choose that. :)

BTW my town's day is St. Peter (or how do you say that in English? We call it "Petrovdan" (Petersday)). In Serbia we have nice tradition according by every town have its "saint protector" (also every house) which is celebrated. In smaller towns like mine that is really big day for a village. Population doubles that day. Don't have to be Einstein to guess that we all get really drunk that day (usually days). :)

Or other nations have this tradition too? I guess that many towns have day which is celebrated as town's- day. Here is usually some Christian holiday and it's really big thing in smaller towns (not so much in big ones).

Is it St.Peter on 12th July in your church IrishHermit? What calendar you using, Gregorian or older Julian as we do?
Check out this song about the 12th of July