Books and articles

Sup guys, i new here and i love to know more about the Legion.

I have been reading and watching everything i could find.

But i like to know if there's some books about the Legion, former legionaries memories, veterans or the general's study's.

Here in Brasil it's pretty harsh to find good material.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Just use google search, there are a good number available. There is one on my web site written by a former Legionnaire.

Sup guys, i new here and i love to know more about the Legion.

I have been reading and watching everything i could find.

But i like to know if there's some books about the Legion, former legionaries memories, veterans or the general's study's.

Here in Brasil it's pretty harsh to find good material.
Some I have read:

Fighting for the French Foreign Legion: Memoirs of a Scottish Legionnaire by Alex Lochrie

The Making of a Legionnaire: My Life in the French Foreign Legion Parachute Regiment by Bill Parris

Devil's Guard by George Robert Elford

Hidden Soldier: An Irish Legionnaire's Wars from Bosnia to Iraq by Pádraig O'Keeffe

The Naked Soldier: My Life in the French Foreign Legion by Tony Sloane

Currently reading: Life in the French Foreign Legion: How to Join and What to Expect When You Get There by Evan McGorman

Amazon is your friend, happy hunting...

loustic

Banned
Banned
Hello to all of you great readers,

The Making of a Legionnaire: My Life in the French Foreign Legion Parachute Regiment by Bill Parris
This book is full of obvious mistakes which tend to prove that the author has never been one of us, he simply wrote a book hoping to sell it for lots of money. Beware of that pack of lies.

The Naked Soldier: My Life in the French Foreign Legion by Tony Sloane
This book is not written in excellent English, but it has clearly been written by someone who knows a lot about the Legion and who has obviously been one of us. It is full of sincerity and I recommend it very much.

I also recommend "Legionnaire: Five Years in the French Foreign Legion" by Simon Murray which is a must read book for all wannabees, even if it describes the legion during the Algeria war and Algeria is no longer part of France.

Amazon is your friend, happy hunting...
Of course !

Hello to all of you great readers,

This book is full of obvious mistakes which tend to prove that the author has never been one of us, he simply wrote a book hoping to sell it for lots of money. Beware of that pack of lies.

This book is not written in excellent English, but it has clearly been written by someone who knows a lot about the Legion and who has obviously been one of us. It is full of sincerity and I recommend it very much.

I also recommend "Legionnaire: Five Years in the French Foreign Legion" by Simon Murray which is a must read book for all wannabees, even if it describes the legion during the Algeria war and Algeria is no longer part of France.

Of course !
Yes! Thanks for the recommendation.

Most viewed threads of the week