a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blimey I've seen more life in a grave yard!!?

Bags

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Where is everyone!? It's like....no one is here? Where's the regular crowd gone? :-/ has the world swallowed you guys up or what?
I know Martin is away, and Samtoo is loitering about here somewhere....

oooookkkkk if your about pop in here and say your Hellos guys....be nice to know you old farts are still kicking about ;-)

Bags :)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Bags,

I am still alive..........just ! xxx

SLehman

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Hockey season is upon us. That keeps me busy until motorcycle season.

Although I'm not an old fart, Cheers

mulgarat

Actual or Ex Legionnaire - Donator
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
There are a plethora of Legion fan sites on Faeces Book like FLOG (Foreign Legion Old Geezers Club), Legion Recruits etc which may be drawing some from here. Its worth noting that this forum has been going since before 1998. I was going to ask Volt or someone when it actually started in its original format as it would be coming up to 20 years of laughs, tall tales and shameless misguidance of the innocent and not so innocent ;). Heaps better than Faeces Book.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
There are a plethora of Legion fan sites on Faeces Book like FLOG (Foreign Legion Old Geezers Club), Legion Recruits etc which may be drawing some from here. Its worth noting that this forum has been going since before 1998. I was going to ask Volt or someone when it actually started in its original format as it would be coming up to 20 years of laughs, tall tales and shameless misguidance of the innocent and not so innocent ;). Heaps better than Faeces Book.
Yes it did start in 1998.
I became a member that same year and not long after that I became a moderator after the moderator Phil Wu joined the Legion (RIP).

mulgarat

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Yes it did start in 1998.
I became a member that same year and not long after that I became a moderator after the moderator Phil Wu joined the Legion (RIP).

Must've been very early in 1998 as the first time I logged on to internet I found it and logged in as Johno. The forum was very basic, just a single thread. Even in those days people were ripping into each other.
Nick Fury was there, wet behind the ears wannabee.:D

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Must've been very early in 1998 as the first time I logged on to internet I found it and logged in as Johno. The forum was very basic, just a single thread. Even in those days people were ripping into each other.
Nick Fury was there, wet behind the ears wannabee.:D
Do you remember Phil Wu?
I met him in Aubagne in 2007, he was a sergeant then.
Shortly after that meeting he and four other Legionnaires disappeared during a sudden storm crossing from Corsica to France.
I believe that none of the bodies were recovered.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Do you remember Phil Wu?
Shortly after that meeting he and four other Legionnaires disappeared during a sudden storm crossing from Corsica to France.

I remember Phil and you guys. Though I always thought it started in 2007, I guess I misremembered. I was a young and annoying wannabe with a million questions but since it was very early in the forum the Anciens were not yet burned out and were very kind of answer my questions both on the forum and by email and PM. :)

Phil was posting later under another name right? I didn't put it together that they were the same until after he died in the storm. Very sad situation.

mulgarat

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Do you remember Phil Wu?

I remember Phil and didn't know the story of the ferry being lost at sea.
RIP.

mulgarat

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I remember Phil and you guys. Though I always thought it started in 2007, I guess I misremembered. I was a young and annoying wannabe with a million questions but since it was very early in the forum the Anciens were not yet burned out and were very kind of answer my questions both on the forum and by email and PM. :)

Phil was posting later under another name right? I didn't put it together that they were the same until after he died in the storm. Very sad situation.

Typo, think you meant 1997. I hit on the forum in February 1998 and it looked like it had been going for a bit.

mulgarat

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Right...1997. :) I swore that was when I joined.

You were like the eternal wannabee and then you went. Can't remember exactly when was early 00's I think.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
You were like the eternal wannabee and then you went. Can't remember exactly when was early 00's I think.

Yeah I took too long with university and gf (NEVER put anything on hold for a woman, they never last or if they do are worth it then they will understand and make it work...otherwise, '**** it') and a bunch of other stuff as I was first trying for jobs with the U.S. government. There were other things that kept me from going earlier as well, but I could have probably left about 3 years earlier if I had pulled the trigger faster.
I went in 2005.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Where is everyone!? It's like....no one is here? Where's the regular crowd gone? :-/ has the world swallowed you guys up or what?
I know Martin is away, and Samtoo is loitering about here somewhere....

oooookkkkk if your about pop in here and say your Hellos guys....be nice to know you old farts are still kicking about ;-)

Bags :)

Hey bags, can you also complain about the lack of activity on the shoutbox, I mean apart from letting everyone (who looks at it) know that someone has reached a hundred posts it's pretty quiet. I was hoping to remind everyone that tomorrow is pearl harbour day. Well perhaps not everyone as most people are abreast of what's going on.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Nickfury your inbox is full. I wanted to ask why did you get rejected?

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I thought it was a chartered boat for a fishing trip...then the storm came on suddenly and they never found them.
Could have been, all I know was that it was a smaller vessel than a Ferry.