a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best War Film & TV series

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I like some of the films from the 60s. Great actors. Infact i just watched the Eagle has landed & battle of the bulge the other Day..:D.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Although it can be classed as a mini series, Band of Brothers. Also my two all time favorites : Kelly's heroes (I'm waiting for the right time to make the connection between operation Godoria and the film :D? And Heartbreak ridge.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
liked Lewis collins too in this film. He should have been James Bond (y)

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Actually, I did enjoy Forces Speciales wouldn't go as calling it the best but it was pretty touchy. I guess some WWII classic like Saving Private Ryan overall, a WWII movie will be the winner.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
marlon brando...played some great Scenes.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Platoon
Bat 21
Boys in Company C
Band of Brothers
Saving Ryan's Privates
The Pacific miniseries
Winds of War miniseries

Coming from Hollywood each has it's own issues of realism, but all in all good flicks.

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
another good film...martin sheen Freaks out ...
I read somewhere that he was actually pretty drunk when this scene was shot. Pretty entertaining movie. Typical Hollywood drama film but has its moments of awesomeness.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
A couple of days ago,t Thursday to be exact, I watched the sinking of the Bismark, good old classic, just after the war, movie.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Band of Brothers. The Young Lions. Platoon. TV series The Secret Army. Zulu. The Big Red One and the Cockleshell Heroes.(RM canoe raid on Bordeaux.) True story but portrayal of commanding officer and his 2i/c was utter nonsense and non factual. Location correct and I served there as a YO. Both serious and in places very amusing.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
This is a good Film. The guy in it was John Boy from the waltons...:D but a good Film

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
This is a good Film. The guy in it was John Boy from the waltons...:D but a good Film
One of the few 'modern' war movies I can get on youtube. Johnboy Walton, if anyone can remember that far back.