a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best time for joining???

Status
Not open for further replies.

parachutiste

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
God I'm sick of all this shit. When is the best time to join?... Bloody hell. Get off your fat arse and go and try. That's what you have to do at the end of the day. End of story...
Me I joined in November many years ago. The Farm was bloody wet and freezing... The Spring in Orange was brilliant :D
This post is so good. I think steong should have written it.

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
This post is so good. I think steong should have written it.
Oups!!... I suppose I must take this as a compliment.:)

However my friend (for the last 22 years) Martin has a very good point; when he, me and many others joined, there was no internet and indeed very few books about how things were working in the Legion. We just took the plane, train, or whatever and joined. We froze in the Winter or burned in the Summer, and we got a bleeding nose every time we did not understand what was going on.

It is not so surprising that people like Martin or Raider (my friend for the last 20 years) are “laughingâ€￾ over the many hilarious, stupid and “anxiousâ€￾ questions from young wanabes that we can find on this forum. Therefore they are completely right when they call people “bitchesâ€￾ or similar. It is a simple fact that many of the young men on this forum wouldn’t stand a chance in a real life situation, but they love to live a fantasy “Legion lifeâ€￾ on the internet. Worse… some of them haven’t even got hairs on their balls, but they allow themselves to make “harshâ€￾ comments about how “thingsâ€￾ should be in the Legion. On the other hand there are also fine young people on this forum that will certainly make excellent careers in the Legion or their national armies.

I noticed that you were “correctingâ€￾ some other wannabe about his way of spelling Marseille. Just for the record, my name is Stoeng (or exactly Støeng) and not steong (it is enough to read the header of my posts). It is my real family name and is therefore spelled with a capital S. I use my real name because I am able to stand for what I say, and what I have done, as well as what I have not done. I would be grateful if you could in future at least try to spell my name correctly.

TaylorHudson

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Okay Stoeng...

A few days ago I thought, "maybe he's just having a really good day today"... but after your previous response, I've got to ask- what has happened to you?

You disappear for a week, and since your return we have not seen a single post from you which contains the words "MEIN GOTT!" or "for fucks sake!!!" Your patent brand of sarcasm is now non-existent and :mad: seems to have given way to :)

Does this odd, unexplained behavior have something to do with all those attractive ladies standing around you in the photo you recently posted?

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Nahhh… Who knows:);)

I have just decided that it is “Operation Smileâ€￾ and “kind explanationsâ€￾ for a few days. However I will soon drift back to the old grumpy and obnoxious NCO that I usually am.

RaiderDingo

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Okay Stoeng...

A few days ago I thought, "maybe he's just having a really good day today"... but after your previous response, I've got to ask- what has happened to you?

You disappear for a week, and since your return we have not seen a single post from you which contains the words "MEIN GOTT!" or "for fucks sake!!!" Your patent brand of sarcasm is now non-existent and :mad: seems to have given way to :)

Does this odd, unexplained behavior have something to do with all those attractive ladies standing around you in the photo you recently posted?
I take up his slack when he's in a tree huger mood.

A

andy bannerman

Unregistered
It seems to me that some of the posts that have been on here recently just show how society has changed overall. As mon adj said, if want it bad enough you'll go and take a chance. No amount of training and pausing for thought can get you ready for the Legion. If you want it so bad turn up at the gates and hope it works, it's been that way for countless years and will continue on that way.
IF YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT YOU WILL PROBABLY END UP NOT DOING IT SO IN THE WORDS OF MR SCOTT GET OFF YER BACKSIDES AND GO IF YOU DON'T MAKE IT YOU HAD A NICE HOLIDAY AND A GOOD STORY TO TELL YER GRANDKIDS

parachutiste

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I noticed that you where “correctingâ€￾ some other wanabe about his way of spelling Marseille. Just for the record, my name is Stoeng (or exactly Støeng) and not steong (it is enough to read the header of my posts). It is my real family name and is therefore spelled with a capital S. I use my real name because I am able to stand for what I say, and what I have done, as well as what I have not done. I would be grateful if you could in future at least try to spell my name correctly.
So I had a fukn typo error... or was it that I just did it on purpose to see your reaction ? Next time, I'll goto Babelfish so you can get your little slash through the o if that's what makes you happy.

In finishing, I'd just like to say, you ought to be careful about what you put your name to. Especially when you're suffering a case of narcissistic personality disorder. I understand there are many "high functioning" types in the Legion. I mean, that's why most go in the first place, for the notoriety. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be asking stupid questions like "when is the best time to join".

on ya go...

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I noticed that you were “correctingâ€￾ some other wannabe about his way of spelling Marseille.
For each and everyone's guidance : Marseille is spelt that way in French, while, for whatever reason I ignore, it's spelt Marseilles in English. Same thing for Lyon (French spelling) spelt Lyons. God knows why the 'rosbeef' like to add S at the end of French city names. At least, they don't spell Paris, Pariss :D.
In finishing, I'd just like to say, you ought to be careful about what you put your name to. Especially when you're suffering a case of narcissistic personality disorder.
Narcissistic personality disorder ?? Waow... Are we now having a 'shrink' on the Cervens board ? May be Støeng could get some online counselling...

Mise

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
That's as good a good bye I've seen.

A

andy bannerman

Unregistered
parachutiste
Mon adj is respected by pretty much everyone on this site just because you dont like his answers to your inane questions you have no need to insult the man or what he stands for SO go find out for yourself what the legion is like or SHUT THE **** UP AND LEARN FROM THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN THERE

Stoeng

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
So I had a fukn typo error... or was it that I just did it on purpose to see your reaction ? Next time, I'll goto Babelfish so you can get your little slash through the o if that's what makes you happy.
Unfortunately you are in no way capable of testing my reactions in any kind of situation. Your comment here is just a silly and desperate attempt to “catch upâ€￾ after being “caught with your trousers downâ€￾ just like a school boy caught wa**ing in the toilets. There are people from all over the world on this forum, and some have better English than others, but if you are going to “correctâ€￾ them you must be impeccable yourself. However for the moment you still have a few spots in your underwear. :)
In finishing, I'd just like to say, you ought to be careful about what you put your name to. Especially when you're suffering a case of narcissistic personality disorder. I understand there are many "high functioning" types in the Legion. I mean, that's why most go in the first place, for the notoriety. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be asking stupid questions like "when is the best time to join".

on ya go...
First of all, you know nothing at all about the Legion and the eventual “high functioning typesâ€￾ that can be found (or not) there. Secondly, you know nothing at all about my motivations for joining the Legion. Thirdly, you are on thin ice when you are attempting to give a “diagnosticâ€￾ on my mental health status by using words that you do not fully understand. Your comments are just a pile of randomly gathered and confused words that are for the moment not making much sense.
On the other hand; please feel free to express yourself freely. However on subjects regarding the French Foreign Legion I do not think that you have a very big contribution to give. You actually remind me of a scared dog that is barking loudly but running away with the tail between its legs. :)

libertypo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
Just ban the prick. It's highly fastidious with his insults....

parachutiste

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
And I knew that you'd be bringing up the rear... just waiting for you to jump the fence. As for scared dogs, you shouldn't be touching animals that way.

Pagoda_Warrior

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
How's that relevant to the thread? Keep to topic before it's closed. And quit bitching girls.

PS: why is your name legionnaire when you are not one now and were never one?

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I think anything worth saying was said. For the rest... just another little e-roasting on Cervens board. Nothing to worry too much about... Business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.