a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Beep test' ( Luc Leger )

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
They changed to the Luc Léger test, because the Cooper test, is imprecise and not really to an advantage to people that lack stamina, or, are cardiacs. I still think it's a darn good way to weed out couch potatoes. :D

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Troubadour.

yes, and maybe no...Vo2 is hard to maintain if you are not up too par, that is cardio respiratory wise. With that in mind, it is difficult to reach it's peak, then too maintain it, too. The legion used to have a different test.It used to be, to the best of my knowledge, you would run on a track for 2600 meters, aka one mile. But at the time i believe you had 12 minutes to complete the minimun, which was 2600 meters. Even if a man had crap V02, most could make 2600 meters sucking wind, but still make it. I think the Luc Leger came into play for this reason.

That doesn't answer my second question though, don't the levels still matter in that case then? If you may it to level 12 don't you have a better vo2 than someone who can only do 7?

korisnik

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
I'm built like one of those tall slender gents! Just remember don't only focus on the running. It's but one of the sports test trials. Try do get as many pull-ups as possible too. Around 15+ is ideal I am told.

atm i can do 11-12 pullaps i started doing with weights to try to increase more and will try to make 12 luc leger
and will try to do cuper 12m 2600 cuz i newer tryed it

PS on thet video people are cheating all time

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
atm i can do 11-12 pullaps i started doing with weights to try to increase more and will try to make 12 luc leger

Pullups, just train without weight, you are supposed to be able to pull your own weight up, so save time and yourself from getting hurt. If you can do more then 2600 meters in 12 minutes on the Cooper test, do it. Let them cheat, says all about them.

Troubadour

Reaction score
Home Country
United States

Integrity is about doing the right thing, even when you can get away with doing the wrong thing. It goes a long way.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Shout out to Don Pedro for good advice. Synchronizing you breathing and pace greatly improves performance. Gla I found this out before It was too late!

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Sweden
Shout out to Don Pedro for good advice. Synchronizing you breathing and pace greatly improves performance. Gla I found this out before It was too late!

You forgot the most important, the Distance(s), that alone tells you what 'cruising speed' you shall get into and how to synchronize breathing and pace. Can i get back to my ciggie and beer now? :D

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You forgot the most important, the Distance(s), that alone tells you what 'cruising speed' you shall get into and how to synchronize breathing and pace. Can i get back to my ciggie and beer now? :D

Carry on, I hope it's a good one.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Typo nick fury. I meant 1600 meters. One mile. At any case troubabor, yes a level 12 would make(Depending on age and how you score) make you up in the %52-55.00 would make you in the elite and superior category. When I post the V02 you will all understand it easily, i am confident of that.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Typo nick fury. I meant 1600 meters. One mile. At any case troubabor, yes a level 12 would make(Depending on age and how you score) make you up in the %52-55.00 would make you in the elite and superior category. When I post the V02 you will all understand it easily, i am confident of that.

When will you post this?

Le Gringo

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
They changed to the Luc Léger test, because the Cooper test, is imprecise and not really to an advantage to people that lack stamina, or, are cardiacs. I still think it's a darn good way to weed out couch potatoes. :D

That's why I like the Luc Leger. Someone can't just run until they wear their fat ass out and then crawl to the finish line. It's like a treadmill where someone keeps increasing the speed every minute. You either keep up or jump off.

@Troub you're right, it's basically Tomatoes Tomahtoes. Every higher level means a higher max Vo2. The wikipedia page even shows you how to estimate Vo2 based off where you finish.The levels on the test are just a different scale. You say about 1 inch, I say about 2.54 cm, but it's the same thing.
It's great to know what it all means, but in Aubagne I highly doubt they will be comparing candidates by making these calculations. It will probably be more like - Pierre finished at level 13 and that grosse merde Paul only made 6, so he's out.:D

I was just talking about the dude in the orange shirt, since only he made it to level 14. I don't think he was cheating, was he?

Le Gringo

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
When are you going to France, Gringo?

As soon as I can afford to finish the sex reassignment surgery. Most of it is done but I have the testicles on layaway; They've got to be top-shelf so I can fool the Legion doctors.:D

Actually I was planning on leaving within the next two months but I just found out I need to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I don't have insurance, so I need to find some unlicensed Chinese dentist working out of his basement.

On a side note, it's hard getting rid of everything you own isn't it? I'm planning to leave my car with a friend to sell it for me, among other things.

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Make sure you obtain balls that match your skin tone. How odd it would be to be black from the waist down no? The legion docs might be a tad surprised!

As for your teeth that's good, the pain will make you stronger! My wisdom teeth never had to be pulled, I would like to thank God for allowin me to be the only one with my DNA to not have to have them yanked from my face.

And finally, one man's treasure, is complete shite to another. Or maybe that's the wrong analogy? I'm tired and my coffee just went cold so I don't have the will to rustle it up. If you live in the south, perhaps the Mexican immigrants would like your stuff! I'm leaving my car for my little sister because poverty is a bitch, and I want her to have a fighting chance. (See? I can be nice!) other than that, my crap is of little value so I won't bother doing as you are good sir.

Tally-ho, Gringo. Git R' Done. Yeeehaw.

-Gaius from TX

Le Gringo

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Make sure you obtain balls that match your skin tone. How odd it would be to be black from the waist down no? The legion docs might be a tad surprised!
-Gaius from TX

Aw hell I already messed that one up. When the doc showed me the cock catalog I couldn't resist upgrading to the Mandingo model.

Good luck to you too bud. Being especially from Texas you're going to have a blast in France no matter what. It's a fact, the whores in Europe love them cowboys. :D

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Aw hell I already messed that one up. When the doc showed me the cock catalog I couldn't resist upgrading to the Mandingo model.

Good luck to you too bud. Being especially from Texas you're going to have a blast in France no matter what. It's a fact, the whores in Europe love them cowboys. :D

Good luck to you too -Insert Obama voice- My fellow American. As for the ladies, I hope they come in chocolate ;) Anyways we are off topic, don't want to irritate the greens here, we blue names do that to them enough I reckon!

korisnik

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
Update:
i spent 2 weeks Indore so i coudnet run and today i wanted to do cooper test and i died hahahahha
i runed 2km in 8minutes and stoped like pussy, i think it has to do with 2 week not running kinda ruined me total
anywey at least i know tomorow at what distance i must not stop

Gaius

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Update:
i spent 2 weeks Indore so i coudnet run and today i wanted to do cooper test and i died hahahahha
i runed 2km in 8minutes and stoped like pussy, i think it has to do with 2 week not running kinda ruined me total
anywey at least i know tomorow at what distance i must not stop

Oye go at cruising speed (fast and steady) then the last quarter, sprint ye ass off