a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bastille Day

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
What's with that rainbow flag in background? I know it's pride month. Do we really need to have whole month just for gay people?!?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
What's with that rainbow flag in background? I know it's pride month. Do we really need to have whole month just for gay people?!?
I`m fed up of hearing about the pride shite , it all seems very anti straight people :)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
We will have la patrouille de France flying over my avenue later on. Fire work display
Concert on going now on the alley central of the Avenue (Jean Jaures)
Got me some tins of fresh beer.
My favorite serveuse is serving
Anti intrusion barrières set up
Legion did a prise d ' armes this morning in town
Was the General Franck Nichole who commanded the cérémony
He used to be my boss back in the 1 st company many years ago
I must bring them luck, i guess

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
To avoid any possible confusion, let’s mention that the video is not taken during the parade itself, but either before, or more probably after. The street is clearly not the Champs-Élysées Avenue.
Just after the parade itself there was a sequence dedicated to the soldiers wounded in action. Three disabled pensioners of the “Hôtel des Invalides” were there, one of them was a former German legionnaire wounded at Dien Bien Phu. We’ve seen him having a brief conversation in German with Frau Merkel, die Bundeskanzlerin who was attending the parade, along with a number of other European officials, among them the PM of The Netherlands (😉 Joe).

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
The Patrouille de France flew over head at 20:45 south to north with tricolour smoke tailing.
Was very low. My building is the highest in Nîmes center. Legionnaires from 2e REI CA (Compagnie d'Appui, Weapons Company) deployed FAMAS with scope. P.4. jeeps and a Command vehicle, which I didn't recognised (looks Jappish).

Boom, boom and boom again. Fire work display has just started. It's been a good week-end. Concert was quite cool. French girl singing Anglo stuff, likes of Queen and Aretha Franklin. Avenue is jammed pack. Got a carry out and chilling.

Algeria have beaten Nigeria 2 - 1 in the CAN cup semi-final.
A cortège of supporters branding flags and scarves out of their car windows. Driving down and beeping like crazy. People are leaving the zone. Tossers...
Hope they don't go looking for a head on with a Sentinelle patrol. The other day, in Montpellier, one “supporter” drove his car into the crowd. A mother was killed and her baby sustained life-threatening injuries and is in intensive care.

rashisan

Reaction score
Home Country
Bulgaria
Yea just keep the topic clear :). So I'm disappointed from Euro News as they decided to show the helicopters coming, instead of the Legion marching in front of President Emmanuel Macron. And in the end the Horse Guards... Did you mention the sh$t left behind? The worst part was the choir marching in it and then singing. 🤢

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) And in the end the horse guards... Did you mention the shit left behind?
Always the same thing every year. Not sure if/how you can prevent a horse from sh*tting whenever it wants to. Not easy either to manage this. Would you imagine people with shovels, brooms and buckets collecting it while the ceremony is still ongoing? :D

P.S : Horse Guards is a Rosbeef thing... In French they are called Garde Républicaine à cheval.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Over 200 horses ..230, I believe. Clairons (bugles) wear red horse tails on their helmets to stand out from the black hair types. It's because they are the Signals on the battle field (transmit the orders).

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
This is the Avenue de la Grande Armée (Paris, 17e arrondissement), just off the Place de l’Étoile (Arc de Triomphe).
No way. The Avenue de la Grande Armée is much wider. Looks more like Avenue des Ternes. In 17e arrondissement too.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
"No way" ..vs ..."Looks like"....where is your certitude?
Post Shitum : been there and done ir (twice, officially ) and as a Gavroche too

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I confirm it’s not l'avenue de La Grande Armée, hence the “no way”. Might be l’avenue des Ternes, hence the “looks like”, as I’m not 100% sure. Hint: at the end of the video one sees a Décathlon store... Check where one you can find one in Paris.

Post shitum: I lived 15 years in Paris.