Anyone from Egypt?

Hey guys, I read in a sticky thread that there are people from Egypt in the Legion. Are there any Egyptians here? You see people look down upon me here when I say I wanna join the legion. You get called traitor savage thug criminal serving israeli agenda american CIA (yes! :'D) etc etc I have to lie and make up stories about why I am working hard to get fit or else somebody will report me to national security and I'll be in deep trouble. I wanna know how Egyptians dealt with this, how they dealt with their family and friends. If there is an Egyptian (current/former legionnaire) here I'd like to have a chat with please.
Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for replying.

Hey guys, I read in a sticky thread that there are people from Egypt in the Legion. Are there any Egyptians here? You see people look down upon me here when I say I wanna join the legion. You get called traitor savage thug criminal serving israeli agenda american CIA (yes! :'D) etc etc I have to lie and make up stories about why I am working hard to get fit or else somebody will report me to national security and I'll be in deep trouble. I wanna know how Egyptians dealt with this, how they dealt with their family and friends. If there is an Egyptian (current/former legionnaire) here I'd like to have a chat with please.
Stay safe man. Be careful what you say, even in private messages.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Please reassure me and say that your name is not Keegan Mactavish. As for Egyptians, there is around 100 nationalities at any given time, so it could be likely.

If you're not already, I'd strongly suggest using a VPN to hide your location if your national security services are that bad. I'd recommend downloading the app 'Betternet'... It's very simple to set up but means that even if you're reported online they won't find you.

Good luck with your search and your future plans

Nurman

I hope you are joking, but I don't think that egyptian national security cares enough about who joins FFL and who doesn't anyways they can't really detain you for thinking about joinining legion can they ?

I hope you are joking, but I don't think that egyptian national security cares enough about who joins FFL and who doesn't anyways they can't really detain you for thinking about joinining legion can they ?
I think at the moment they can detain anyone they want... Terrorism plus politics = anything goes

Ideally speaking we are not at war with France and France should be labelled as a friendly country because there are a lot of trade agreements and cultural exchange. However, as Ruggers88 said Terrorism plus politics means they can do whatever they want whenever they want

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
... I have to lie and make up stories about why I am working hard to get fit or else somebody will report me to national security and I'll be in deep trouble.
Mohamed, be careful what you put out as information. I can't pretend to know anything about Egypt, but I do know that in certain countries, including where I'm living, it is best to keep a low profile. Don't offer up too much information about your plans and for heavens sake, the whole idea of taking a 'handle' is to go unrecognized.

USMCRET

Mohamed, be careful what you put out as information. I can't pretend to know anything about Egypt, but I do know that in certain countries, including where I'm living, it is best to keep a low profile. Don't offer up too much information about your plans and for heavens sake, the whole idea of taking a 'handle' is to go unrecognized.

I completely concur with Joseph on this one.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
I feel you man it's similar in my country one serving FFL is considered to be traitor. I mean is nothing serious, nobody will stop you from going there or arrest you when you come back (as far as I know :)). But still there is many people (not all) who are not thrilled with that notion. I can imagine how that can be when you insert Islam in mixture.

Most viewed threads of the week