Anyone from Djibouti 89 – 91 ?

djiboutijonsey

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Home Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I was Peter Jones (Jonsey) in the Legion, SML/CCAS in 13ème DBLE and SADAA/CEA in 2ème REP. Particularly want to hear from guys who were in Djibouti 89-91. I still keep in touch with a few, Rooney, Kelly (every now and then) etc.
I was probably more well known for my pot smoking activities than anything particularly soldierly although I did perform when required, promo, stage commando etc. !!
Was also in Calvi for the infamous ‘flagpole’ event (BOOM). Whatever happened to: Alfie Rake, Spooner, Sullivan, Tobi, Clarky, Geordy Gates, Armstrong, Geoff bliss.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Ratings
664 3 3
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi all
I was Peter Jones (Jonsey) in the Legion, SML/CCAS in 13ème DBLE and SADAA/CEA in 2ème REP. Particularly want to hear from guys who were in Djibouti 89-91. I still keep in touch with a few, Rooney, Kelly (every now and then) etc.
I was probably more well known for my pot smoking activities than anything particularly soldierly although I did perform when required, promo, stage commando etc. !!
Was also in Calvi for the infamous ‘flagpole’ event (BOOM). Whatever happened to: Alfie Rake, Spooner, Sullivan, Tobi, Clarky, Geordy Gates, Armstrong, Geoff bliss.
Hi Jonsey, I was there 90-92. Alfie Rakes brother joined the REP (1 Cie I think) he was a lot calmer than his brother. I remember you from back then. I was in the swimming pool 1 year and the second CECAP.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Ratings
275 5 6
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Would there be a time when I we all ask about my friends from regiment? :)

How dare you to speak about such terrible crimes! :) I think that is obvious that I'm sarcastic. There is current on this forum which advocate FFL as completely drug free organisation. Saying that that is not theoretically possible, but whenever that happens they slap me with "newer been there .what you know" argument.

Greetings man!

Ash05

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Home Country
Australia
Didn't Spooner blow his hand off ? Had a false one fitted. Kicked out. Was kicking around Paris with I thumb and 2 fingers left on it .
Good bloke.
Alfie Rake would still be kicking on and be successful too (a wonderfully mad man)
Sullivan, well , god knows.
Don't remember the names of the rest but I've not got a good memory for names

Most viewed threads of the week

Top Bottom