a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another coming from America

targetlocked

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'm glad to have found out about the Legion a couple months ago. I'm excited I have found a second chance at the military and what better unit than the Legion? I respect what you guys do, the selection, and the level of training.
You guys are badass and I look forward to becoming a member for at least the next five years. At the end of this week I can apply for expedited passport and I'm on my way to tryout!
I'm bringing with me a year of Army scout training, a couple years of junk yard mechanics, couple years of heavy machinery, a year of hurricane repairs, 6 years of electrical in the form of a 32yr. 6'2" 170lbs never married man. I've always been fit in the form of a runner with strong back and core. I trained to see how much faster and stronger I could get to wire houses (all I had) so I am in great shape. I'm hoping the Legion can use my physical and electrical abilities.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Welcome to the forum. A lot of threads about fitness and requirements here in case you are interested. Good luck!

A

ahun1743

Unregistered
The amount of American wannabes is striking. Especially considering the disparity between the amount who want to join and those who are actually in.

James Russell

Reaction score
Home Country
India
Welcome!

I guess someone has to ask, if you don't mind answering why did you get sent to the prison?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Welcome!

I guess someone has to ask, if you don't mind answering why did you get sent to the prison?
You can answer the ‘Gestapo’ but nothing requires you to answer on the forum. James PM him next time. Please don't take that wrong James.
Anyway it's good that there are so many US trying, remember that there's a big difference between the US army and the legion so be prepared.
Best of luck and go all out.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Targetlocked,

Welcome to the forum and on it keep personal history to the minimum. Good luck and go for it.

Chas not a 'Badass' now or ever ? Simply wore the coveted green beret a long time ago !

targetlocked

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You can answer the ‘Gestapo’ but nothing requires you to answer on the forum. James PM him next time. Please don't take that wrong James.
Anyway it's good that there are so many US trying, remember that there's a big difference between the US army and the legion so be prepared.
Best of luck and go all out.
Thanks! I've come up with the Legion is a lot like the "how the Army used to be" stories I would hear before political correctness took over. That's great! Harder training and harsher punishment, why not stay at 100% all the time. I don't know but, hopefully I'll get the chance!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Hi, I'm sure all that was interesting but it just came out as a bloc of writing with no paragraphs or breaks. You have to remember that people just log on in their free time and read what others have to say. It's a bit like reading a newspaper on your way to work, if the article is good then ok. But if your time is limited then you skip over it to get the shorter news.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
I strongly advise you to avoid giving so much details about yourself : this forum is accessible to everybody, and that includes the GESTAPO

targetlocked

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Got it.
I'll spend time on learning French language, and dumping my wall of words in a more appropriate place.
Anyone have any advice on justairticket.com ? I've read mixed reviews. I can get a ticket for $750. Icelandair will only take me to Paris and I'd rather walk into Marseille. Everywhere else is $1300+

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Go through the airlines' websites. Norwegian Air and Iceland Air both have pretty good options sub $500.

Edit: Airlines' website, as opposed to travel/comparison websites.

loustic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Got it.
I'll spend time on learning French language, and dumping my wall of words in a more appropriate place.
Anyone have any advice on justairticket.com ? I've read mixed reviews. I can get a ticket for $750. Icelandair will only take me to Paris and I'd rather walk into Marseille. Everywhere else is $1300+

Go and land in Paris. You will probably land in Roissy airport. Take the RER and METRO (one combination ticket, not too expensive) and go to Fort de Nogent. You will join the Legion there and they will take care of you from then on, during 5 years or ... until they kick you out (which I do not wish for you).

The advantage is that if, in Aubagne, you are not selected, the Legion will pay you your trip back to Paris. Otherwise you have to pay to Aubagne and ... possibly back to Paris

Good luck

Carnifex

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ahun,

You mentioned that the amount of Americans is striking, could you elaborate, please?!. If there are few in, in your opinion, or knowledge, how many do you know, personally?. Have seen, met?. Estimated number?. From what it looks like, many of the forum members have been getting in and they are Americans. I for my own reasons changed my mind and saving everyone any wasted time. I have been reading from people posting that a guy named 666 and a medic or something and a few others have gotten in, they are American. Is it just not fact or is it, and if so, could you please detail?. Or is it merely that you have not ran into many in a regiment, or anywhere else for that matter?. What regiments do Americans usually get into, go to, pick, or get sent too?. Thank you.

targetlocked

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Go and land in Paris. You will probably land in Roissy airport. Take the RER and METRO (one combination ticket, not too expensive) and go to Fort de Nogent. You will join the Legion there and they will take care of you from then on, during 5 years or ... until they kick you out (which I do not wish for you).

The advantage is that if, in Aubagne, you are not selected, the Legion will pay you your trip back to Paris. Otherwise you have to pay to Aubagne and ... possibly back to Paris

Good luck

I read a post somewhere that it was better to go to Aubagne. The guy said he didn't want to go into details but I assume it's to save the Legion a few bucks on bus fare?
I've been scanning tickets at many different websites and it seems the price different from where I'm coming is only a couple hundred more to land in Marseille vs Paris.
Thank you for wishing me the luck.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
I read a post somewhere that it was better to go to Aubagne. The guy said he didn't want to go into details but I assume it's to save the Legion a few bucks on bus fare?
I've been scanning tickets at many different websites and it seems the price different from where I'm coming is only a couple hundred more to land in Marseille vs Paris.
Thank you for wishing me the luck.

A couple hundred more? I think it's 80-100 Euro to take the TGV to Marseilles from Paris, then you get a couple days to explore Paris before heading down. That's what I did. Was worth it. Then take a train or bus from Marseilles to Aubagne, easy to figure out when you get there or ask people. The base is a 10-15 minute walk from the station in Aubagne.