Another coming from America

loustic

Banned
Banned
A couple hundred more? I think it's 80-100 Euro to take the TGV to Marseilles from Paris, then you get a couple days to explore Paris before heading down. That's what I did. Was worth it. Then take a train or bus from Marseilles to Aubagne, easy to figure out when you get there or ask people. The base is a 10-15 minute walk from the station in Aubagne.
I did the same as Nickfury ... and arrived broke in Aubagne. I had not a cent left ! Luckily, I was selected, but the situation could have become catastrophic otherwise : I would have been stranded in Aubagne with no money and no plan B. Don't do what I did, I was young and had not a single other hope than becoming a legionnaire.

Interesting guys, thank you.
I kind of like the idea of traveling from Paris to Marseilles on the TGV. I do look forward to trying out some of the French chew and coffee before arriving.

I read a post somewhere that it was better to go to Aubagne. The guy said he didn't want to go into details but I assume it's to save the Legion a few bucks on bus fare?
I've been scanning tickets at many different websites and it seems the price different from where I'm coming is only a couple hundred more to land in Marseille vs Paris.
Thank you for wishing me the luck.
It is always better to go straight to Aubagne because If you go to Å trasburg than they will send you to Paris and than to Aubagne so you will spend a lot of days in pre-selection centres. It will save you some time and lower the possibility that they will kick you out before you even get to Aubagne.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Don Pedro

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
It is always better to go straight to Aubagne because If you go to Å trasburg than they will send you to Paris and than to Aubagne so you will spend a lot of days in pre-selection centres. It will save you some time and lower the possibility that they will kick you out before you even get to Aubagne.
It's always, BEST, to go to the nearest recruiting post and if 'waiting' is the main problem, then military life isn't the better choice. Aubagne, it doesn't "lower the possibility" to get turned down, it all comes down to the 'candidate', it's himself it depends on (anyway, no one at Aubagne, will patt you on the back for making it there on your own). And last, but not least, "time is money", well, in this case, joining the Legion, most have lot of time and little money and people in hurry, the cemetaries are full of them.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Man, can you tell us what happened to you bad with little more effort? At least that part how you ended in French jail.

I'm getting glimpse of your story but is not entirely understandable.

Targetlocked,

I was never a 'Badass' just a simple Brit Green Beret many years ago, as I, posted on this thread 2 years ago in response to you.

Do NOT go into your personal details or history so openly on this forum. It should remain your affair and yours only.

Simply go asap and give it your best shot.

Bonne chance !

A little late for that now as I can not edit the post.
So what's new? I see the increase in the numbers. Where was that new base built?
You can ask the mods to delete a post. 13DBLE grew to a full regiment and moved to mainland France from the UAE, 2REP added a fifth company that specializes in desert warfare.

Most viewed threads of the week