a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American foreign legion

ddd

Reaction score
OK guys you all are kind of right. First of all i don't know if the US will have its own legion.
Second you can join the US army as a non citizen-I did it. In fact i did not even have my green card yet-i was in process of getting it. I joined in 2001 and have been in the reserves since, and are about to get my citizenship. It all depends on how you are admitted in the US in the first place. If you come under the refugee program like i did you are guaranteed a citizenship after five years.

BobW

Top Member
Reaction score
A somewhat late welcome to America, ddd.

Don't know where you entered, but believe it appropriate to mention the Statute of Liberty in New York Harbor was given to the US by the French to celebrate 100 years of independence.

Again, welcome !

Warm regards,
BobW

Eagle eye

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Macao
BobW said:
...Don't know where you entered, but believe it appropriate to mention the Statute of Liberty in New York Harbor was given to the US by the French to celebrate 100 years of independence...
Amazing to think it with the level of polled animosity in the US towards the French nowadays and vice versa in France during the lead up to the third Gulf war and the US elections...

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Most animosity is created by the news media and so called stand-up comedians Like Jay Leno and Letterman. They perpetually put the French down in their routines. a couple of times poking fun at another person or nationality is ok but they became nauseating with the repeats. I really find it hard to believe there areactually people who hate people they never met or ever interacted with them on any level. I guess they are all like sheep, EH? Beau

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
Eagle eye said:
She has a cute ass and is "available": hey, Condy, if you're reading our forum, you should wear trousers more often, girl !!
Note: US watchers will hopefully/surely not mind my wandering and appreciative "eyes :rolleyes: "...

sorry now but, c.rice is butt ugly biatch. :p

BobW

Top Member
Reaction score
Bonjour Engage,

R.O.T.C. stands for Reserve Officers Training Corps

At many American universities the ROTC program is offered. While studying for a degree, the student also takes courses in military subjects. One summer is required to go on active duty as a student cadet. After graduating with a college degree, the student is also commissioned in the US military. Usually the student goes on active duty immediately.

The Army has this program and so does the Navy and Air Force. If the college or university does not offer it, there are programs where the student can be enrolled in a nearby college/university that does.

The Marine Corps had a different program but with the same results; after graduating, the student was commissioned in the USMC.

Some of what I said above might have already changed, but that's the basic definition and program.

Warm regards,
BobW

californiajai

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I am a Graduate of AROTC, it is still the same. For prior service only two years is required, for all others a four year term is needed. After completion of ROTC you will be commisiones then sent to Officer basic course(s) in your branch, mine being Psyops. It is really not that demmanding in fact most ROTC grads are never given respect, due to the lack of military experience. Those of us who went "Green to Gold" Or are prior enlisted when we graduate from ROTC we are then known as "Mustangs", those who worked thier way up through the ranks. We are given alot more respect. ROTC's are the normal mans way to get a Commision.

Mle 187-828