a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I screwed?

MadMaggot

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have a scar on my right knee from surgery. It has not affected my running at all. I am able to preform at 100%. My question is should I not say anything, lie about it and say it's from something, trying hide it, or tell them up front? But keep in mind that the Legion is my last hope I have nothing to come back to if I don't make selection. I will accept the ‘Gestapo's’ judgment but I don't want some medical person to kick me before I can plead my case to the ‘Gestapo’.

6fca3754861221df7eb339748ed98b6c.jpg

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Man... I can barely see scar on that picture. So stop whining and go for it!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I agree with Dusaboss you can hardly see anything on the photo but that does not mean that it will go unnoticed by the naked eye of a trained doctor. If you ask me then tell them about it and just play it down, make it sound like no big deal. Remember though that the doctor will know from the type of scar and its emplacement what the surgery was.
I'm not telling you to lie but it might be a good idea to add on a few years as to when the operation took place. As for the doctor's decision, it is final. If he/she says it's a no go then the ‘gestapo’ has nothing to say about it. Go for it as otherwise you will wish later on in life that you had.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
How many problems do you have? So an Achilles, now a knee... just saying man.

C

cujo6688

Unregistered
How many problems do you have?. So an Achilles, now a knee...j ust saying man.
Hi DCLXVI I don't think he has a problem with his Achilles, that's me Cujo6688 ;). My knees are healthy no problem at all with them. Just wanted to clarify this :).

MadMaggot

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
How many problems do you have?. So an Achilles, now a knee...just saying man.
The Achilles is not me I just had a brush with the law and twisted my knee when I was younger other than that I am in the best shape of my life and I am 35. I am just trying to get a good idea from you the legionnairs what my chances are and what I need to do to succeed!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
My mistake brother man. Hey, shit, it proves we all have problems man. Haha

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) I will accept the ‘Gestapo's’ judgment but I don't want some medical person to kick me before I can plead my case to the ‘Gestapo’. (...)
It's not the role of the so-called ‘Gestapo’ to make medical decisions, but up to the médecin-chef. So, if (s)he vets you, you're Ok. If (s)he says “noâ€￾, yes you're screwed. If (s)he says “go have additional exams and come back afterâ€￾, you'll know what you have to do.
As others said, the scar is almost invisible on the picture. So, either it's really nothing serious or you really suck as a photographer! :D

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Rapace, you said what I was just about to. My poor thumbs. Haha, damn phones.

C

cujo6688

Unregistered

no problem man ;) thanks for your posts on this forum really this morning after reading the comment on one of the thread "dont bring animals" it was very funny haha (this made my day very good).

MadMaggot

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I have to get a new pair of combat boots for training, does anyone have a recommendation? I don't want to get something that will cause more damage then help but I don't need a 1000 € boots either. Cheap but effective is what I need!

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I have to get a new pair of combat boots for training, does anyone have a recommendation? I don't want to get something that will cause more damage then help but I don't need a 1000 € boots either. Cheap but effective is what I need!
Why do you want to buy this? It's a waste of money. You might be allowed to purchase personal equipment when you're in your regiment, but I very much doubt that this is the case during basic training... Personal running shoes (sneakers) are accepted, nothing more.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You are thinking way too much. Don't buy anything. But a ticket to the door. IF you are selected, you will be issued three pairs: a pair of LOWAS for summer, a pair of the same for winter (Goretex) and your rangers parade, aka PO. It blows my brain why you guys think you need to go all commando to train. Just effing get to the door and let what is, be.

MadMaggot

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You are thinking way too much. Don't buy anything. But a ticket to the door. IF you are selected, you will be issued three pairs: a pair of LOWAS for summer, a pair of the same for winter (Goretex) and your rangers parade, aka PO. It blows my brain why you guys think you need to go all commando to train. Just effing get to the door and let what is, be.
Roger that! I apologize for my over thinking. I am trying do everything in my power to make sure I don't fail. Thank you for all the advice and honesty. All you legionnaires have my full RESPECT!!!

The boot are not to take with me just for conditioning training now. Sorry if I worded that badly.