a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adventures

F

Fragment

Unregistered
Hey.

Anyone planning to go on any adventures this summer? By that i mean backpacking or doing something that is physically demanding during this hot season.
Me in a month i will take some money, food and clothes, put it in a backpack and then travel around in Sweden on my bike and sleep in the woods trying to create my own 3REI:D :rolleyes: .

Anyone have other ideas?

K9-

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
i was planning to climb on velebit. the biggest mountain in croatia. but i am not sure that i'll have time (have to work)

F

Fragment

Unregistered
ah climbing. Ive never tried climbing outside. Only inside with the "climbing walls". If you decide to do it, How long would it take to climb it if you aim for the top?

B

BUHDDIE

Unregistered
Anyone with a bit of free time between 6-14 July check out the San Fermin Bull Running festival in Pamplona northern Spain.

http://www.sanfermin.com

There's an English language tab under the logo on the left hand side of the page. Make sure you check out the picture gallery.

I had the honour of running with the bulls a couple of years ago and i'm trying to get there this year. I went for the last four days in 2004. You stay up drinking and going from party to party all night before doing the run at 7.30 - 8.00 in the morning. Then you get a couple of hours sleep before doing the whole thing again:) Can't think of anything more enjoyable than drinking for four days and being chased by 12 half tonne bulls every morning. As an added bonus, there are shit loads of beautiful spanish senioritas:D

One rule must be followed - Make sure you show respect for the bulls - I saw a guy get jumped by a load of spanish guys and he got the shit kicked out of him for kicking a bull.

I think this would be good practice for running and the legion too. Wonder which is worse - 12 half tonne bulls or a couple of FFL caporals beasting you? Anyone experienced both?

F

Fragment

Unregistered
BUHDDIE said:
I think this would be good practice for running and the legion too. Wonder which is worse - 12 half tonne bulls or a couple of FFL caporals beasting you? Anyone experienced both?

Indeed a good training for speed and stress hah

K9-

Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
Fragment said:
How long would it take to climb it if you aim for the top?

don't know. it will be the first time there. of course with the guiders to not get lost or be injured!:)

steve

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
well ive had two trips to canada this year so far and looking at going to paris in about two months to chap fort nogents door.so the plans afoot gentlemen haha....

Mise

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
I think I'll try the RODEO SEX joette described. That should be adventurous enough for any man.

Blixa

Reaction score
Home Country
Serbia
going back to the mother land and few other places this summer...but ive been thinking about maybe going to take a trip to Alaska and go backpacking, camping throughout the Yukon.

Marie

Reaction score
Well Gents, sounds as if you lot are in for a good time. Going to Australia, and if all goes well spending sometime in the Rockies and on the Great Lakes, oh yes a girl’s weekend to Las Vegas. :)