About Luc Léger ("navette") test

Hello all,in the official page of FFL says: 1 Palier = 6 x 20 m and the minimum required is 7 paliers.OK,I downloaded the Luc Leger test Mp3,and in this test the number of shuttles increase with every palier like this:

Lvl 1=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 2=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 3=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 4=(9 x 20m)
Lvl 5=(9 x 20 m)
Lvl 6=(10 x20m)
Lvl 7=(10 x 20m)

and the FFL describes:

Lvl 1=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 2=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 3=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 4=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 5=(6 x 20 m)
Lvl 6=(6 x20m)
Lvl 7=(6 x 20m)

My question is which one of the 2 columns is applied in FFL?Is it possible to be a mistake on the FFL site?

mm66

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Hello all,in the official page of FFL says: 1 Palier = 6 x 20 m and the minimum required is 7 paliers.OK,I downloaded the Luc Leger test Mp3,and in this test the number of shuttles increase with every palier like this:

Lvl 1=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 2=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 3=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 4=(9 x 20m)
Lvl 5=(9 x 20 m)
Lvl 6=(10 x20m)
Lvl 7=(10 x 20m)

and the FFL describes:

Lvl 1=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 2=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 3=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 4=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 5=(6 x 20 m)
Lvl 6=(6 x20m)
Lvl 7=(6 x 20m)

My question is which one of the 2 columns is applied in FFL?Is it possible to be a mistake on the FFL site?
train for the first and laugh when its actually the second.

Brad Eldergar

Super Active Member

Lvl 1=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 2=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 3=(8 x 20m)
Lvl 4=(9 x 20m)
Lvl 5=(9 x 20 m)
Lvl 6=(10 x20m)
Lvl 7=(10 x 20m)

and the FFL describes:

Lvl 1=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 2=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 3=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 4=(6 x 20m)
Lvl 5=(6 x 20 m)
Lvl 6=(6 x20m)
Lvl 7=(6 x 20m)

Hi luc
I have been rather recently to Aubagne (but did not continue after that). Of course u should train for the hard one as another poster said but... I understand that you do want to know. I guess that the harder one is more acurate. If you google beep test, bleep test, shuttle test, shuttle run, luc leger etc. you will probably find that there are a lot of differences. And of course if one is thinking about joining it is good to know which one is the correct. When I prepared I could only find one for free to download from the NZ or Australian army. But this was some years ago (2005).

Anyway, even if I can not swear, I believe that something like the harder one is the correct. I run all the lvl 10. And the thing I remember was that at least lvl 9 and lvl 10 had more tracks than 6 or 7.

I am a former long distant runner and I found it perhaps more interesting with these special questions than most other at this forum :)

I did a reserch with the blokes at my local gymnasium when I retuned. There seems to so many different types of beep etc. E.g. there are ones spec for soccer players when u are supposed to run round a mark on the ground between every lap etc. A friend of mine said he reecently managed the minimum level 12 or so for being accepted to Swedish Army light infantry (Jägare) specialst training school. And I red something about Royal Marines (UK) must at least do level 12 for the officer course. I am not an expert and I am just talking here, but my point is that there might be so many different variants. Still, I am raher sure that they all have in common that the amonut of laps you have to do at each level increases at some point. But the differences is how many laps they squeze in at some level point as well as not all tests are 20 meters laps.

Also, since I made all the laps at 10 in Aubagne (no one in my test group did that) I strongly believe that if what my contact at the Swedish Army says is true (not to sure about that bloke:)) then, for me at least, Luc Leger at Aubagne must be harder than the Beep test in the Swedish Army. I may be 10yrs older than that other man but I have seen him train at the gym and listened to his running times and they are not winning times.

Ok, not the exact answear. Since I was tired at Aubagne trying as many runs as possible I just remember that at least the last levels included more laps than 6.

Hope you are not to confused by this.

/ Brad

As Brad Eldergar said I believe it will be more like the 2nd one, I recently did the Royal Marines bleep test and that was the 2nd one, you had to get to at least level 10, it's not too hard, download it off the internet, measure out 20 metres and practice once a week, it's not the running that's hard it's the turning.

Brad Eldergar

Super Active Member
As Brad Eldergar said I believe it will be more like the 2nd one, I recently did the Royal Marines bleep test and that was the 2nd one, you had to get to at least level 10, it's not too hard, download it off the internet, measure out 20 metres and practice once a week, it's not the running that's hard it's the turning.
I agree with you Jack07. Turning is the irritating part. And tip to luc - go to a 400m running track. If it is a new one there are usually marks of so and so many meters. E.g. at the short side where one do long jumps it is often marks for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 etc meters. Well, this was a piece of advice of the perhaps silly and easy part of the training. Good luck!

/ Brad

thanks for your replies,i will train anyway for the first one(the hardest),so that will not be any chance to fail.As for downloading beep test mp3,try on google,you will find many sites from where you can download it

Whoever Luc Léger was, he, along with the inventor of the beep test need to be tarred and feathered for coming up with quite possibly the most annoying and mindnumbing test on the planet for evaluating fitness!

K9-

Nowadays many people have smartphone with android software. You can download beep test from market. It's free and easy to use.

Most viewed threads of the week