a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Young Venezuelan Wannabe-16

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
Hello guys,Let me introduce myself, My name is Augusto, i am 16 years old guy,currently in high school, i am from venezuela but currently residing in mexico, I want to join The French Foreign Legion and I would like to know if any of you guys has any advice,it would be useful, I am planning to enlist when i turn 18 once i finish my school, I have always been wanting to join the military,Since i am kid,I was first thinking about american military,You may be wondering:why dont you join the venezuelan or mexican military? simple, Venezuelan military is corrupt,a bunch of clowns defending a dictator and dont fight or do anything but killing their own citizens that are against government, and mexico you gotta be mexican by birth, American military asks for lots of papers and that crap, So i chose the legion not only because they dont ask for much documents but because i want a military career, i dont care much about money for me 1000 Euros per month is okay,in venezuela minimum wage is like 2 euros per month. I am a humble guy,i dont like bragging or anything, i am quiet and do what i have to do when i have to, i am disciplined i took Some sort of pre military class in my country and i was among the most disciplined guys, I am aware that legion is not always combat and that i might clean or do anything of the sort,its not a problem for me i help and clean in my house,i like doing productive stuff and not waste my time,whatever it may be, I am currently working on my physical condition i am not bad but i can improve and i will,i am really motivated to go, I am joining because i want a change,a military career,not waste my time and many other stuff, i also like the idea of Fighting for something bigger than oneself and the brotherhood legionnaires have,and many other reasons. I am single,no girlfriend or anything, i got nothing to lose but much to earn if i join,so i think im not likely to desert,i am also willing to endure the hardships it includes as im thinking of a career there. I am currently practicing some basic french too,to not be lost with orders and that stuff

I have investigated a lot and i chose it is what i want to do,if you guys,legionnaires or anyone has advice,i would be grateful
also,where is it better to enlist,paris or aubagne? I read the story of a lithuanian on the forum who was returned from aubagne by a russian sergent

Thanks for reading this and your time

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
You can join la Legion at 17,if you have a written permission from one of your parents

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Certified by a lawyer doctor police commissaire all is good
What you may read on here about sélection, will not apply to you. ..if you join at 17, that is
Try your best in physical tests = they will know you have time for improuvment

Last edited:

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
@ 16 i do not think, i hope not, that you have had the time to be a, drunk, junky, thief ,liar or bull shitter. ..ît will show if so

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Legion etrangere is diversity, or if you prefer, diversity is la Legion etrangere
I personally have known only 1 venulzoolou, long time ago
Since, your country has made the head lines, big time
When asked, you reply, you have no political stance what so ever. .
You do not give a toss about politics, capito
You know no one, famille, freinds or who ever, who does drugs. ..do you understand ?

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
Legion etrangere is diversity, or if you prefer, diversity is la Legion etrangere
I personally have known only 1 venulzoolou, long time ago
Since, your country has made the head lines, big time
When asked, you reply, you have no political stance what so ever. .
You do not give a toss about politics, capito
You know no one, famille, freinds or who ever, who does drugs.o you understand ?
Alright caporal,yeah i dont care about politics and i dont use drugs or know anyone who uses them
I am 6ft tall or 1.80m

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I think to my self...what a wonderful world
but secretly, i know it aint so
You have the height
You have the weight
You have the age. ..so you say
You have an éducation
You are polyglotte (french english spanish )
Too good to be true
You will miss mommy ?

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
I think to my self...what a wonderful world
but secretly, i know it aint so
You have the height
You have the weight
You have the age. ..so you say
You have an éducation
You are polyglotte (french english spanish )
Too good to be true
You will miss mommy ?
No,i wont miss anyone, I can handle that, I am usually alone most of the time,parents working,i was once studying in another country alone for a.month, i did good,i focus on what i need to,family aint problem