a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Young Venezuelan Wannabe-16

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
Also,caporal,thanks for your advice and perspective,really useful info,
I am gonna keep preparing physically and I will go at 18, as i have to finish school first
Thanks For your time,really appreciate it

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Auguste17,

Welcome to the forum. Try to get as many qualifications as possible, even a degree. Then go if you still retain the desire.
16 is not too young to dream the impossible. I did !

Indeed in my day the Brit Armed Forces recruited boy soldiers at 16 with the proviso they went on to 'man' service at 18. Overseas deployment was only allowed at 18 years plus.

Despite the fact that I joined at 17 and 3 weeks I urge you to obtain the highest educational qualifications for, they will always stand you in good stead especially in latter life.

Chas. Former Brit Green Beret and other.

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
Auguste17,

Welcome to the forum. Try to get as many qualifications as possible, even a degree. Then go if you still retain the desire.
16 is not too young to dream the impossible. I did !

Indeed in my day the Brit Armed Forces recruited boy soldiers at 16 with the proviso they went on to 'man' service at 18. Overseas deployment was only allowed at 18 years plus.

Despite the fact that I joined at 17 and 3 weeks I urge you to obtain the highest educational qualifications for, they will always stand you in good stead especially in latter life.

Chas. Former Brit Green Beret and other.
Aye,thanks,im finishing high school and then i will go at 18,college is too expensive and i am not interested on it for now
Thanks for the welcome

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Welcome August17, Joining at 18 will be an excellent start to an adult career. French, truck driving licence, military discipline, knowledge of other countries and the list goes on. And if you decide to start another career you will only be 23 years old.

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
Welcome August17, Joining at 18 will be an excellent start to an adult career. French, truck driving licence, military discipline, knowledge of other countries and the list goes on. And if you decide to start another career you will only be 23 years old.
Yeah,excellent, thats more pros to the list,yeah i will be still young,really cool
I am sure it is what i wanna do :)

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
What Joe has said is spot on, the experience you'll get as well as the discipline you'll learn will set you far ahead of the herd, most 23 y/o will have just finished studying or still in "party" mode and struggling to make instant noodles. You'll be 23 with 5 years of the legion under your belt and potentially French residency, as well as being able to speak 3 highly benefical languages. Spend these 2 years getting into ship shape and learning French and then crack onšŸ˜Ž.

Reaction score
Home Country
Venezuela
QUOTE="SnafuSmite, post: 220946, member: 12209"]What Joe has said is spot on, the experience you'll get as well as the discipline you'll learn will set you far ahead of the herd, most 23 y/o will have just finished studying or still in "party" mode and struggling to make instant noodles. You'll be 23 with 5 years of the legion under your belt and potentially French residency, as well as being able to speak 3 highly benefical languages. Spend these 2 years getting into ship shape and learning French and then crack onšŸ˜Ž.[/QUOTE]
Yeah haha thats right most will be studying useless degrees at college or partying,sexing or smoking
And i will have all that experience and discipline
Thanks to you guys i have motivated even more to go,i know i will make the cut
Not many 18yo have the guts to go legionnaires