a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few questions

anonim

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
hello
a few questions:
1.it is written on the legion website that the maximum amount of money that you should bring is 50 euro.
what happens if you are rejected and the trip back home costs more than that?
2.i have read on this forum that some people are in favor of enlisting in fort de nogent while others favor going directly to aubagne.
what are the advantages/disadvantages of each option and which is the best in the end?
3.what are their feelings towards people that went to college? if asked about education should you tell them you went to college or you should keep it to yourself? if you should tell them will they want to see a diploma?

any other advice, what to do, what not to do, what to avoid will be greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.

AYF1993

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
1. You can bring almost any amount of money with you, maybe you will be sent to a civilian hospital for extra-checks like x-rays ! If you have , lets say 500 euros with you when you enter the gate, they will store 450 and you keep 50.

2. I've done some research for myself and I found that Fort de Nogent is cheaper to get there ( Blue Air / Wizz air and Ryan Air have direct flights to Paris every day, from Bucharest to Paris you will do 2 hrs and 15 minutes ) but you will spend a little more time before going selected and Aubagne is a little bit expensive because there are no direct flights from Romania to Marseille but it is a lot faster in the process of being selected but for sure doesn't exist an option that you will give more chances !

3. Its college not jail , why would not you tell them ? You should tell them because maybe you will increase your chances to be selected, if you have a diploma in a certain domain you can bring it with you.

For more in depth answers the greens can help you a lot more than me , because I am just a wannabe like you !

anonim

Reaction score
Home Country
Romania
thanks for the info.
does anybody know what would be the best day of the week and the best time of the day to join?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Avoid weekends and late hours of day.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Avoid weekends and late hours of day.

Dusaboss,

Now go during the week and present yourself early a.m. My 78th is looming and you still have not got your arse in gear.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dudaboss,

Now go during the week and present yourself early a.m. My 78th is looming and you still have not got your arse in gear.

I changed my mind Chas. I'm one scared little boy. Army is not for me. I want to live with my parents for at least 10 more years. ;)

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I changed my mind Chas. I'm one scared little boy. Army is not for me. I want to live with my parents for at least 10 more years. ;)

With your constant puerile scribbling, I believe you except for the parent's nonsense. I have now won 20 bucks from 2 friends who said you would be gone by now ! I wonder how much more I can win ?

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
With your constant puerile scribbling, I believe you except for the parent's nonsense. I have now won 20 bucks from 2 friends who said you would be gone by now ! I wonder how much more I can win ?

Hmm, I don't remember that I said that I'm going by now. I said that I'm going in late may. I submitted a passport request today so it should be finished in two weeks. I won't specifying any date, but it won't be long after that. As I said have to loose 5 kg (1 or 2 are already gone) and to increase pull ups in 2-3 and beep test by one level. When I do that I will be ready physical and in head.

I mean guys I really don't want to make such big deal on forum about my departure. For me is biggest day in life, but I am aware that most guys reading this don't give a F about it :) (Maybe that became important date for my friend Chas too ;)) Guys understand that every now and then I get question "When do you go" from few anciens, so I have to answer something.

Ye It means to me when they say they believe in me because I respect them as anciens and as friends, but to be honest, even if everyone here say that I'm not worth of travel to France it would still have little influence on my determination to become legionar. I really believe that I'm very good candidate, that I deserve chance and that I will be good legionar if I get in.

As for my friend Chase. You will be first one to know when I arrive in Aubagne. I'm sending you pic from gates, but keep it private until I become rouge or get rejected.