a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd REP Military K-9's Parachute (French Narration)

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
minds me of seeing a blind man bungee jump for charity. I've never heard a labrador scream so loudly.... :D

Padre

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Thanks for this video !
M A G N I F I Q U E ! ! ! (in french)
Very good job

I have a very good "souvenir" from this unit in Calvi. Once I was with them one week. They explain me all their job. Amazing ! Nice people and nice dogs... (heu... nice dogs... no ! very dangerous ....! I use to protect my balls..... Lol)

Padre

homercleese

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
this is amazing. I actually though it was a joke until they jumped out of the plane! Awesome shit- the jump off the jeep roof was cracking too!

So, i have to ask, How do i get this job in the legion? Do i have to have had a dog in my past to be considered?

Should i mention in the gestapo interview that i love puppies and have a big black dog?

Do these legionnaires have to sleep in kennels instead of beds??

What is the french word for fetch?

:cool:

Padre

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
this is amazing. I actually though it was a joke until they jumped out of the plane! Awesome shit- the jump off the jeep roof was cracking too!

So, i have to ask, How do i get this job in the legion? Do i have to have had a dog in my past to be considered?

Should i mention in the gestapo interview that i love puppies and have a big black dog?

Do these legionnaires have to sleep in kennels instead of beds??

No............
definitely no.......

(look at ancient posts on this forum.)

You can't imagine you will have this speciality.

Don't dream. I understand your enthousiam but don't dream...

I'm really sorry for it.

When you enter the Legion you don't know what will be your speciality in it.

homercleese

Reaction score
Home Country
Ireland
Thanks Padre- i was just kidding though - the other Greens on here love questions like mine above so much you see :D

Kronenberg

Actual or Ex Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

I wouldn't worry about that one too much Homer.
The most important word that you will ever learn is "degage". In French civilian life it is generally applied to animals in a "fcuk off you smelly creature" sort of way. In the Legion however it is used for anything from saying "excuse me" to a total stranger who bumps into you in a bar (e.g. "fcuk off"), to getting the stik out of the arse of whatever you are shitting yourself in 15k feet above terra firma.
"Degage" is a good word to master - but be careful who you use it with and how. E.G "Je me degage Mon Capitaine" is OK, but "Degages Mon Capitaine" may well win you a ticket on the next plane out to Guyanne to look after the prison garden for a while.

corvee de chotte

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I was never impressed by the jumping dogs ,in reality cleaning up their shite when doing corvee kennel en taule in Calvi was enough for one life ,the dogs were as miserable and bad tempered as their CPL/Chef boyfriends.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Trip_Wire, very good video. When I was in the service generale, garde puni, the dog handlers were in the same service. There motto then was 1 against 9. (something along that line) I looked after the regimental mascot as, some ex legs may remember him; an alsatian by the name of Djibout. He was a retired guard dog. Dog team was then transferred to the 1st company. There were, I don't know now, dogs guarding the ramparts at Fort de Nogent. One big advantage is that the Africans don't like dogs. I think it works both ways. So taking them on overseas tours pays off.

Jefferson'86

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Lads, the OP, Trip Wire, former US Army Ranger in the Korean War. Former 11th Special Forces Team Sergeant, left this world for the next, last year.

He and I traded stories about shittty drop zones in Idaho and Yakima like old golfers talk about their favourite par 5s.

The pleasure was mine to have bounced off the same rocks as this old soldier.