a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13th DBLE Vs 2nd REI, and HK416

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
No joe, It means that every fut fut that has come here has not made it. 1er classe also comes to those who get shit done. I know plenty of legionnaires, LEGIONNAIRES with service of 2-2.5 years service who are still LEGIONNAIRES because they are **** ups. I know lots of 1er classe with over 5 years, BECAUSE THEY ARE **** UPS. That's the reality of the legion, TODAY. Nothing stays the same and the world and everything else changes.

PS and again, NOWADAYS legion ANYONE can volunteer for fut fut in Castel, ANYONE, ANYONE, ANYONE!.

has ZERO to do with past mil experience and everything to do with not enough real experienced man power in the Cadre in 4RE

analog

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Speaking of the HK416, what do legionnaires actually call it day to day? They always called the FAMAS by name from what I've seen, but "HK416" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Speaking of the HK416, what do legionnaires actually call it day to day? They always called the FAMAS by name from what I've seen, but "HK416" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Hmm, good question. It's party new gun in order to get unofficial name from legionnaires. My guess is that it would be called "Heckler".

Thats how its called in ex-Yu wars. At the time when someone says "Heckler" it meant Heckler & Koch's submachine 9mm gun or sometimes even any other SMG.

176607Mick

Unregistered
I call my weapon Sylvia. But then again, that's just me. I'm weird.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ha! That made me think of Full Metal Jacket: "Sir! The Private's weapon's name is Charlene, Sir!"
"This is my rifle, this is my gun."

Hmm, good question. It's party new gun in order to get unofficial name from legionnaires. My guess is that it would be called "Heckler".

Thats how its called in ex-Yu wars. At the time when someone says "Heckler" it meant Heckler & Koch's submachine 9mm gun or sometimes even any other SMG.
I am sure at first they will call it Bitch, especially if it weighs more. And Mother Fecking Bitch when someone gets slapped in the face because the dimensions are different from what they are accustomed to.

Same artist dude
Getting inked is personal and once someone has them they tend to go to their same artist.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Getting inked is personal and once someone has them they tend to go to their same artist.
I don't think that procedure is personal anymore for 666

Haha good old AK-47

[video=youtube;GhxqIITtTtU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU[/video]

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Don't go believing that Dus
I got it myself that it's fake, but on first look it seems so God damn real. In why not? I'm sure that chimps are capable of pulling the trigger (with lot of effort of course). He will not behave in that matter. If he somehow did managed to pull the trigger after first burst he would get scared and dropped down the rifle. And I'm more than sure that on this planet there is some “bananasâ€￾ who think “Hmm... it would be good idea to give a chimp loaded and unlocked assault rifle.â€￾ :)

analog

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
I am sure at first they will call it Bitch, especially if it weighs more. And Mother Fecking Bitch when someone gets slapped in the face because the dimensions are different from what they are accustomed to.

In Vietnam, the Australian (and NZ?) SAS used a field-modified version of the 7.62mm FAL with a shortened barrel and a full-auto mode. They called it "the bitch gun"

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
he British Army has awarded Heckler & Koch a $95 million contract for SA80 rifle upgrade.

According to Grant Turnbull from Jane’s International Defence Review, UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) is set to receive up to 44,000 upgraded L85A3/SA80A3 rifles over the next four to five years.

“A notice was issued on 28 October stating that the MoD intended to award NSAF Limited, a UK subsidiary of Heckler & Koch, a contract worth up to GBP75 million (USD95.6 million) to modify and supply 44,000 upgraded 5.56×45 mm SA80 rifles,” said Grant Turnbull.

The A3 variant is designed to be 100g lighter than the SA80 A2 rifle and features a more streamlined foregrip for easy handling. Also A3 upgrade fixes issues with the over-rotation of the selector lever, adds a new upper receiver and refurbishes the lower. A new custom forend from H&K has been added and a full-length top rail improves optic mounting.

The army-technology.com reported that modifications to the weapon will involve painting it with a more durable ‘flat dark earth’ coloured Cerakote coating that would help minimise both the visual and infra-red impact. This will provide operators with better camouflage capability in a range of environments.

The SA80 is a British family of 5.56×45mm NATO small arms, all of which are selective fire, gas-operated assault rifles.

The first prototypes were created in 1976, with production ending in 1994. The A1 variant was significantly upgraded in the early 2000s by Heckler & Koch as the SA80A2 and remains in service as of 2018. The A3 variant was first issued in 2018.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
he British Army has awarded Heckler & Koch a $95 million contract for SA80 rifle upgrade.

According to Grant Turnbull from Jane’s International Defence Review, UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) is set to receive up to 44,000 upgraded L85A3/SA80A3 rifles over the next four to five years.

“A notice was issued on 28 October stating that the MoD intended to award NSAF Limited, a UK subsidiary of Heckler & Koch, a contract worth up to GBP75 million (USD95.6 million) to modify and supply 44,000 upgraded 5.56×45 mm SA80 rifles,” said Grant Turnbull.

The A3 variant is designed to be 100g lighter than the SA80 A2 rifle and features a more streamlined foregrip for easy handling. Also A3 upgrade fixes issues with the over-rotation of the selector lever, adds a new upper receiver and refurbishes the lower. A new custom forend from H&K has been added and a full-length top rail improves optic mounting.

The army-technology.com reported that modifications to the weapon will involve painting it with a more durable ‘flat dark earth’ coloured Cerakote coating that would help minimise both the visual and infra-red impact. This will provide operators with better camouflage capability in a range of environments.

The SA80 is a British family of 5.56×45mm NATO small arms, all of which are selective fire, gas-operated assault rifles.

The first prototypes were created in 1976, with production ending in 1994. The A1 variant was significantly upgraded in the early 2000s by Heckler & Koch as the SA80A2 and remains in service as of 2018. The A3 variant was first issued in 2018.
Instead of updating to a better rifle, they did the same thing as the US several years ago. Upgrade a very shitty, out of date weapon that most of the troops hate.

I believe it was 2009 just off the top of my brain, when the US began trials for a new service rifle. They tested between the SCAR Mk16, Remington ACR (Mesada) and the HK XM8 which is no longer in production. At the end of the trials, all they did was replace all the M4 and M4A1 barrels with cold hammer forged barrels, which admittedly are excellent, and rugged as feck, but that didn't solve the problem of the M4 being an aging weapon system. CHF barrel or not, they don't offer the features that other modern rifles offer

Best to get rid of M4, SA80, Steyr AUG, all that crap. If every single NATO country switched to the HK416, they'd be golden, it's a weapon without flaw

By the way, what the hell is “Fut Fut”?

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Instead of updating to a better rifle, they did the same thing as the US several years ago. Upgrade a very shitty, out of date weapon that most of the troops hate.

I believe it was 2009 just off the top of my brain, when the US began trials for a new service rifle. They tested between the SCAR Mk16, Remington ACR (Mesada) and the HK XM8 which is no longer in production. At the end of the trials, all they did was replace all the M4 and M4A1 barrels with cold hammer forged barrels, which admittedly are excellent, and rugged as feck, but that didn't solve the problem of the M4 being an aging weapon system. CHF barrel or not, they don't offer the features that other modern rifles offer

Best to get rid of M4, SA80, Steyr AUG, all that crap. If every single NATO country switched to the HK416, they'd be golden, it's a weapon without flaw

By the way, what the hell is “Fut Fut”?
The SA80 has become a very decent weapon system after the disaster that was its first iteration. Its a heavy rifle but a decent one. With the current climate there's not a snowball's chance in hell the MoD would never be able to get a brand new service rifle, heck they're even ditching the Minimi. The UK has been using the Canadian Diameco/Colt Canada C8 for a while with certain SF, pathfinder and RM units. You can get 3 C8's for the price of a 416. Its a weird scenario the upgrades will cost way more than $500 or so that a new rifle would cost, but the politicians would lose their mind. So the exisiting budget will cover maintenance and upgrades not a new system.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I'll explain later. Have you heard of the term shake and bake, good start.
I'd nearly forgotten... A ‘fut fut’, is someone who, when in basic training, is picked out – and must be a volunteer – to do a further 2 months preparation and then go straight on to his corporal's course. Once you have finished your Cpl's course you are then expected to stay on for 2 full basic training sessions as a cadre, assisting NCOs (so-called in French “caporal d'encadrement”). With hindsight I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I'd nearly forgotten... A ‘fut fut’, is someone who, when in basic training, is picked out – and must be a volunteer – to do a further 2 months preparation and then go straight on to his corporal's course. Once you have finished your Cpl's course you are then expected to stay on for 2 full basic training sessions as a cadre, assisting NCOs (so-called in French “caporal d'encadrement”). With hindsight I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

That's....insane. Makes sense now what 666 was saying about the 1er Classe giving a blanket party to a Fut Fut. I don't think I'd be able to respect a guy like that either. I would do my best to pretend, though

The SA80 has become a very decent weapon system after the disaster that was its first iteration. Its a heavy rifle but a decent one. With the current climate there's not a snowball's chance in hell the MoD would never be able to get a brand new service rifle, heck they're even ditching the Minimi. The UK has been using the Canadian Diameco/Colt Canada C8 for a while with certain SF, pathfinder and RM units. You can get 3 C8's for the price of a 416. Its a weird scenario the upgrades will cost way more than $500 or so that a new rifle would cost, but the politicians would lose their mind. So the exisiting budget will cover maintenance and upgrades not a new system.

Good old Britain, not giving a flying feck about their defense budget or their troops. Seems to be becoming a classic move by them

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
That's....insane. Makes sense now what 666 was saying about the 1er Classe giving a blanket party to a Fut Fut. I don't think I'd be able to respect a guy like that either. I would do my best to pretend, though
I answered the question because I was fut fut, no blanket parties. Infact when I was posted to my first regiment, I was down as inapt TAP, meaning I could not jump. No blanket parties. When I came back from my 2 years overseas, I again asked for and got the REP.
A fut fut, who has done another regiment before going to the REP, we're talking blanket parties Max !
No blanket party.

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa

Good old Britain, not giving a flying feck about their defense budget or their troops. Seems to be becoming a classic move by them
I don't think its not giving a feck, its just that their budget is limited and the SA80 isn't that bad, a bit on the heavy side but darn accurate and pretty reliable since the A1 fixed it up, if it aint broke don't fix it. Quite frankly I think the chaps would be happier spending that money on live fire training and putting lead down range. Also their comms information systems have been getting seriously upgraded after the disaster of the original bowman kit ( colloquially nicknamed "better off with map and nokia".)

But waffling aside I'm sure in the next 10 years there will definitely be a new service rifle on the cards for the UK.