a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13th DBLE Vs 2nd REI, and HK416

rickyN7

Reaction score
Home Country
Belgium
These questions have been answered... 2REI is equipped with FELIN system, VABs and VBCIs. They seem to be better equipped than other regiments and are probably the most active.
1REC has a squadron on OPEX right now iirc and is consantly active in Vigipirate and Sentinelle missions.
From what I understand, the regiments are explained in detail once you're in Castel. My advice would be to forget all that for now, and just make the call whether the better choice for your is joining the Legion or the Canadian military.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Ossie O sent this to me
http://www.midilibre.fr/2017/11/15/...-legionnaires-vont-partir-au-mali,1588258.php

google translation:

"This is their first assignment abroad since the arrival on the Larzac.

This will be the first legionary assignment of the 13th DBLE since the return of the Legion on the Larzac there is now a little over a year and a half. About 300 soldiers from La Cavalerie camp will leave in January on a mission to Mali, as part of Operation Barkhane. The latter, which started in the summer of 2014, mobilizes several thousand French soldiers against local jihadists.
The legionnaires south-Aveyron will be engaged for a period of four months. This is the first projection abroad for the 13th DBLE. For the moment, this has only occasionally been part of the Sentinel mission in France for domestic protection in the context of the state of emergency and the fight against terrorism."

Unfortunately the article doesn't say when. 666 said that a buddy of his in 2 REG (if I'm not mistaken) is back from Mali and his company from the 1 REG are going in February. But it's all good stuff, and (un)fortunately it's not finished. Believe me when you've come back from a company tournant with a pocket full of money and a couple of weeks leave you look forward to the next one. And who knows, get to see a bit of action.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Ricky,

Please just shut up, you don't know what you are talking about, especially vigi. No regiment is explained in castel either.

NOW, Joe C.

Yes, 2REG just came back from Mali, My mate and others. They were there for 4 months and the average op was 10 days, then back to the FOB and rotate another section for an op, too, of 10 days. This basically repeated the entire time they were there.

The 13th, 2REI , and 1REG are all taking off from Jan 6-Feb 6, within that month all companies will be on the ground in MALI, IVORY COAST and NIGERIA, Everyone going to Nigeria does not call it that, that opex is literally referred to as Boko haram.

The 13th will be building for probably a long time, to ever achieve the numbers it wants. There is only 3 companies so far and even those are not complete and deserting is a problem, too, still. But that is in all regiments.

I am very excited personally for my Opex. It will add to my medal collection. I already have two. From my Vigi. Plus I go to Stage Cpl after my Opex, So I am really excited for that, too.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Come on guys, every thread doesn't need to turn into a battle royal. To be fair bro you can have fun without telling every future EV to shut up or **** off. haha :D IF you told me to shut up or **** off or whatever I would react the same way as these guys, so it's just asking for conflict needlessly.
Have fun guys but every thread turned into a war zone gets old.

Nickfury

Top Member
Reaction score
Wandering the Earth like Caine from Kung Fu.
Home Country
San Marino
Just waiting, Ill be Cpl by the time, too. That will be fun :)

So how long is the Cpls course? There are two different ones right? In regiment and in Castel? Like 4 weeks short and 8 weeks long or something like that?
Hey so do you know any guys who did fut fut out of castel? How is it viewed these days in the modern legion? Who got picked for that?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Both fut fut and Reg are done at Castel. All fut fut I did instruction with have all deserted already.Any one can do it, just volunteer AHAH. And they are not welcome.

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
In regard to cyber fights, it is totally useless, it does seldom or never result in an actual confrontation and is therefore total useless to engage in.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Nothing cyber about it. Ill be waiting to see if he first gets in. Next, comes back to tell everyone what regiment he is in. Then after that, follow the bread crumbs. Just tick tock, tick tock. But, of course he would have to get in first, otherwise, yes, there will never be a rendezvous.

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
I am very excited personally for my Opex. It will add to my medal collection. I already have two. From my Vigi. Plus I go to Stage Cpl after my Opex, So I am really excited for that, too.

You get a medal for every Vigi, not a number or something? for example i did to tours Unprofor (Forpronu in french) but i just got a little 2 to pin on my medal i already got.

or perhaps you got one for Vigi and one Sentinelle?

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
Nothing cyber about it. Ill be waiting to see if he first gets in. Next, comes back to tell everyone what regiment he is in. Then after that, follow the bread crumbs. Just tick tock, tick tock. But, of course he would have to get in first, otherwise, yes, there will never be a rendezvous.

maybe he comes to visit you anyway. he does know were you are stationed :cool::eek::rolleyes:

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
How does one increase their chances to join the Groupement des Commandos Parachutistes?
If I don't get put into 2REP is that my chance out the window?

By the way 666, I added you as a contact on my phone and you look hard as f*cking nails.
Nice ink as well, did you get it done in France?

Sarajevo1992

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Netherlands
How does one increase their chances to join the Groupement des Commandos Parachutistes?

ofcourse being able to be part of the GCP you will have to be in REP first (and also for e longer period)

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Cern,

For GCP in the rep you need to be Sgt. and 30 years old or younger. As far as my contact, that's cool. Just don't give it out. I have, now, %80 of my entire body tattooed. If you want pics, Ill send. All done in USA. My BODY suit is near complete.

SARAJEVO,

Vigi IS Sentinelle. Sentinelle is the name of the operation, vigipirate is that act of it.

It depends on your performance for the Op, but Everyone gets the vigipirate medal and not everyone gets the national defense.. Ricky can suck my balls or be licking them, whichever he likes. IF he makes it, he will either deal with me, as a Cpl, or deal with me as a Cpl in civil. One and the same.

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Cern,

For GCP in the rep you need to be Sgt. and 30 years old or younger. As far as my contact, that's cool. Just don't give it out. I have, now, %80 of my entire body tattooed. If you want pics, Ill send. All done in USA. My BODY suit is near complete.

Looks like I'll have to wait 11 years, for GCP.
The thought of handing out your number never crossed my mind pal, don't worry.
If you're willing to send then I wouldn't mind seeing what you got.
Did you get them all done at the same artist?

analog

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
All fut fut I did instruction with have all deserted already.

Do you have any idea why? Is it because they were 'not welcome' as fut fut, or were they just the kind who would desert anyway?

Cernunnos

Pro Member
Reaction score
Home Country
England
Do you have any idea why? Is it because they were 'not welcome' as fut fut, or were they just the kind who would desert anyway?

I imagine the former.
Why would they be selected for it if the Legion had them pegged as deserters?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

By the way 666, I added you as a contact on my phone and you look hard as f*cking nails.
Nice ink as well, did you get it done in France?

Hi Cernunnos, check out this link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commando_Parachute_Group

I'm not sure how up to date it is though.

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Analog,

Yes, Sure I know why. SImple, what do you think is going to happen when you have a pussy fut fut of 1 year service at best thinking hes the man, come into your combat company..Worse, come to a section full of 2-3 year of service 1er classe. Think those 1er classe are gonna respect of listen?. Nope...then get there brains beat out of them or made to desert and the Sgt and everyone else will allow it because they know the 1er Classe are the vets, not the fut fut Castel Wannabe

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
Analog,

Yes, Sure I know why. SImple, what do you think is going to happen when you have a pussy fut fut of 1 year service at best thinking hes the man, come into your combat company..Worse, come to a section full of 2-3 year of service 1er classe. Think those 1er classe are gonna respect of listen?. Nope...then get there brains beat out of them or made to desert and the Sgt and everyone else will allow it because they know the 1er Classe are the vets, not the fut fut Castel Wannabe

You are raking every fut fut with the same comb.
I can testify that not all of them think of themselves as "The Man" and some of them that I knew were veterans from another army.
On an other note, in my time you were lucky if you became 1er classe within three years. It seems that now one can become 1er classe in one year.
Does that mean I should look down upon them or consider that they must have deserved that rank.