a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13 Dble

V-X

Reaction score
What regiment is this? Can anyone tell me more about it.
What kind of soldiers is to be found there?
In the pictures I see armour and airborne infantry, any more?

V-X

Reaction score
The PM is airborne.
What is this?
13DBLE1.jpg

Is is dangerous being in 13e, because of the high salueries. Or is it just the climate?

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
The 13 is a regiment based in Djibouti East Africa. The 13th D.B.L.E. is a regiment including an armoured squadron using ERC 90 Sagaie stationed at Wéa (Djibouti) about 30km from the main base, an Infantry company (there for 4 months on a revolving period, provided alternatively by the 2nd REI, 2 REP) and a company of engineers (provided by 1st or 2nd REG). The 13th D.B.L.E. with five companies: 1 mixed CCL, 1 company of combat Legion, 1 squadron ERC 90 Legion, 1 company of génie Legion, 1 company of maintenance. On the whole there are 740 men including 580 Legion and out of these 580 there are 280 on the revolving period. Djibouti is not fun hot weather, hard conditions and a hard commando course at Arta Plage. The regiment is not airborn at all...

So all you wannabies now you know

Reaction score
13 dbl is were i wanna goo imagine that salary just growing for five years... :rolleyes: , but ive heard you only get to go there after your first five years

voltigeur

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Canada
WeekendWorrior said:
13 dbl is were i wanna goo imagine that salary just growing for five years... :rolleyes: , but ive heard you only get to go there after your first five years
Some might go there right after basic, depending on the needs of the 13 th.

Cpl K

Legionnaire
Former Moderator
Reaction score
Hi,

You can go there right after your basic training but the salary wouldn't be the same of course. I went there as a caporal and was on about £2900 pounds or $5600 dollars a month AFTER tax. You pay your tax to the locals there and when you come back to France you have a paper saying you are exempt for the last 2 years.

Djibout' and Guyane is at the most 2 years....

BUT THE LEGION YOU DONT JOIN FOR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!