a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Norwegian wannabe

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Hello!
I am a 24 year old from Norway who really want to just join the legion, but I have my doubts about my chances.

I use glasses, but can still se good at close range without them.
I have a daughter (2), but I and the mother is getting really bad relations and have had since she was born.
I have absolutely nothing on my criminal record and was 3 years in the Norwegian National Guards youth program, and served 1 year in the Royal Norwegian Navy.

But the last few years has only been failed attempts at everything and I honestly just want to go back to the military, but Norway is so small so almost impossible to join here.
But I don't speak French, but I speak English and Norwegian fluent, and started French now.

I am in good shape to get in, but my teeth isn't perfect.

So I would really like to know how it all looks from your point of view, because I wanted this for years, but postponed and never went because all stupid kinds of reasons, but no more

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Hi, Tayvyer and welcome
Glasses. ..maybe! you will be controlled and depending on results, the medicin chef decides
2 year old daughter ? Do not even think about talking of her to the Legion (she isnt your priorité, for the instant. ..maybe later (and even then ) No room for sentimentals
You say, you balls up, evry thing you do. ...Seriously, Do you really belive the Legion is for you ?
Why are your teeth in a bad way ?
Do you do drugs of any kind ? Have you a problem with alchol ? Are you lazy, if so, i think i know why
Keep us informed

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Do you do drugs of any kind ? Have you a problem with alchol ? Are you lazy, if so, i think i know why

Yes I do sir. Thanks to be that much concerned about me, but believe me, none of that will influence me servitude with honor and fidelity!!! :) :D:)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Yes I do sir. Thanks to be that much concerned about me, but believe me, none of that will influence me servitude with honor and fidelity!!! :):D:)

Dusa, I think Andy le petit caporal was replying to Tayver.
Tayvyer, I'd think long and hard about joining the legion. You will definitely miss your daughter growing up. Any problems with your teeth should be sorted out before you go.

Countdown

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
There was another Norwegian guy here last month who said he was about to join the legion in the end of February. I have no idea if he went.

Do some reading and stuff, as the legion is quite a comittment. Stoeng (nordlending med 15 år i legionen) has some interesting views on Norwegians in the legion...:D

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Tayver,

Welcome to the forum. Have you considered the Norwegian Merchant Navy ?
It may be presumtious but personally I don't think the Legion is for you.
Good luck in all your endeavours.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Dusa, I think Andy le petit caporal was replying to Tayver.
Did he? Thanks Joe, I would never know that without you.

C'mon Joe, I was screwing around lil a bit. What was 3 smileys there for If not to mark post as clear joke.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I knew it was a joke, it's just that I don't sow smileys around like the French 'la semeuse'
1520520608697.png Je sème à tout vent.
:giggle::cool::oops:

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I checked the glasses page here, and looked like I was whitin, hopefully.
yes, she is not, her mother won't let me see her so nothing there at all, so no real attachment, but in blood.
Yes, school, maths, just not the soscial type, few friends, but close to my family. The military is the only thing I did well in
Caries, but easily fixed with a dentist visit.

Not lazy, work in construction now, never tried drugs, clean slate, never been much of a drinker, maybe once a month, never smoked and stayed healthy.

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Do some reading and stuff, as the legion is quite a comittment. Stoeng (nordlending med 15 år i legionen) has some interesting views on Norwegians in the legion...:D

I have been reading up on much about it, and that finally made up my m

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
I checked the glasses page here, and looked like I was whitin, hopefully.
yes, she is not, her mother won't let me see her so nothing there at all, so no real attachment, but in blood.
Yes, school, maths, just not the soscial type, few friends, but close to my family. The military is the only thing I did well in
Caries, but easily fixed with a dentist visit.

Not lazy, work in construction now, never tried drugs, clean slate, never been much of a drinker, maybe once a month, never smoked and stayed healthy.
I am sorry for intruding your personal space, but shouldn't your main fight now is to be able to have even a couple of hours per week with your daughter? I grew up without a father sir, he is alive and he lives 3 km away from me and let me tell you sir that literally destroyed my childhood and my teenage. It's not too late for your daughter.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Gentlemen,

Thank God I had no forum to bleat on. Self/family blitzed out WW2. Children's home/adopted. Lucky 'Yes'.
Never moaned, never bitter. Just got on with life. No use in self pity.
Seize life by the balls and treasure every moment, 'good or bad'.

Finally any Wannabe wanting to join the FFL don't debate it 'ad nauseam' simply GO.

99% need not apply. But I did !

PS. Dusaboss I confirm my original offer giving you a one month window as of today.

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I am sorry for intruding your personal space, but shouldn't your main fight now is to be able to have even a couple of hours per week with your daughter? I grew up without a father sir, he is alive and he lives 3 km away from me and let me tell you sir that literally destroyed my childhood and my teenage. It's not too late for your daughter.

Well, I live half a country away, with a mother who works to keep her away from me, so, I have tried all, but Norwegian legal system is against me there unfortunately.

Chas, I will, in summer after having finished all with the dentist, I am coming to join. Will learn some french till then

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
PS. Dusaboss I confirm my original offer giving you a one month window as of today.

No point in that. I'm not worthy. I would always remain self pitying internet FFL wannabe blaming my failures on someone else.

Countdown

Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
I have been reading up on much about it, and that finally made up my m

Sounds like you are prepared, and thats a good thing.

Remember to stay us on the forum updated on your path into the legion! :D

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Well, I live half a country away, with a mother who works to keep her away from me, so, I have tried all, but Norwegian legal system is against me there unfortunately.

Chas, I will, in summer after having finished all with the dentist, I am coming to join. Will learn some french till then
Tayvier,
Just do what your mind is telling you to do. Don’t listen to these naysayer, know all, bleu bits. I jumped ship in Dakar at the age of 16, in 1957, joined the legion, became a decorated paratrooper beforeI was 18 during the Algerian war, and never looked back. Tell them in good Norwegian; kyss meg i ræva!

Good luck to you landsmann.

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
And some wise words from Shakespeare:

Our doubts are traitors,

And make us lose the good we oft might win,

By fearing to attempt."

—Lucio in Measure for Measure

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
Tayvier,
Just do what your mind is telling you to do. Don’t listen to these naysayer, know all, bleu bits. I jumped ship in Dakar at the age of 16, in 1957, joined the legion, became a decorated paratrooper beforeI was 18 during the Algerian war, and never looked back. Tell them in good Norwegian; kyss meg i ræva!

Good luck to you landsmann.
HERE'S JONNY!!!

jonny

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Hi Joe, just been minding my own frigging business for a while + getting a bit long in the tooth, soon up the apples, probably.