a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Created my own YouTube channel

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For all you futur REPmen out there:

In English & français

Where as most regiments are happy to exchange weapons, the REP went one better with the 82nd Airborne.
By getting kitted up with each others parachutes, not only does it create a bond of friendship, but it goes further than that.

You have to literally place your life in the other's hands.
Of course there was more to the exercise than just jumping out of planes. The two to three weeks would have been spent doing tactical maneuverers on terrain as only Corsica can provide.
To your back you have the mountains and to your front you have the sea. In between and either side of you you have the rough 'maquis' terrain. The ideal training ground which the legionnaires from the REP would be happy to share with their fellow Paras from "America's Guard of Honor", as they are sometimes known.

# REP FEVER https://youtu.be/1j9Aa9SgH4c

# St Micheal the patron saint of paras https://youtu.be/DQGCa64GHfE

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
For all you futur REPmen out there:

In English & français

Where as most regiments are happy to exchange weapons, the REP went one better with the 82nd Airborne.
By getting kitted up with each others parachutes, not only does it create a bond of friendship, but it goes further than that.

You have to literally place your life in the other's hands.
Of course there was more to the exercise than just jumping out of planes. The two to three weeks would have been spent doing tactical maneuverers on terrain as only Corsica can provide.
To your back you have the mountains and to your front you have the sea. In between and either side of you you have the rough 'maquis' terrain. The ideal training ground which the legionnaires from the REP would be happy to share with their fellow Paras from "America's Guard of Honor", as they are sometimes known.

# REP FEVER https://youtu.be/1j9Aa9SgH4c

# St Micheal the patron saint of paras https://youtu.be/DQGCa64GHfE

The english of this guy in the interview is much better than that of the officer from few videos ago! Love this content Joe, keep 'em coming!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

A huge NATO exercise which can be judged by the number of DS.
The common multinational goal is to review and further improve interoperability. Because the challenge of national and alliance defense can only be faced together. On the occasion of the exercise conference, the logistics, management and control requirements have now been defined and the interoperability checked.

Interoperability describes the ability of a system to cooperate with other systems. In addition to the German and Dutch participants of the DSK Fast forces division and the delegation of the 12th CAB were also units from the 81st Mechanized Brigade from Romania on site.
These also took part in the exercise. In addition to the previous German-Dutch full-force exercise, the American army pilots and mechanized infantry from Romania are now being added as reinforcing combat forces.
This is a fast moving video which goes to show the huge amount of troops used.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

The 5th Battalion, 4th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, part of the 10th Army Air & Missile Defense Command, completed the first live-fire of the maneuver short-range air defense weapon system at the tactical unit level and the first-ever live-fire of the system in Europe on Oct. 7, 2021.
The week-long training took place at the Putlos Bundeswehr range on the Baltic Sea coast of Germany. The purpose of the week’s training was to demonstrate the capabilities of the M-SHORAD Stryker. Members of 3rd Platoon, Alpha Battery engaged ground targets with the 7.62mm machine gun and aerial drone targets with three Stinger missiles.

First fielded in November 2020, the M-SHORAD system repurposes the eight-wheeled Stryker infantry transport into a mobile drone and helicopter killer that can quickly move around the battlefield in support of ground troops. Sensors help detect and track low-flying aircraft before gunners inside the 360-degree Avenger air defense turret can fire Stinger or Hellfire missiles, the XM914 30mm cannon, or a 7.62mm machine gun.

Some soldiers in the 3rd Platoon had already gotten a chance to see how the system works during testing at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico in November 2020. And they noticed the modern system came with its own radar, better weapons, and could be set up and operational much faster than the Humvee-based Avenger system.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
mqdefault.webp

As the title says, one in eight will become a legionnaire.
This video is not going to guarantee that you will be the eighth one. No-one can guarantee that. What it will do is optimize your chances of getting selected by giving you sound advice gleaned over the years from those who have tried and succeeded. And from those who tried and failed.
As you get into the video, you will see that I have no miracles to offer you. However, we can stack as many aces in your hand before going to make the journey, as the possible.
Watch my playlist Job offer:

There is a quiz at the end which I would strongly advice you to do.
I give you the answers in highlighter for f@ck's sake !
I do not see your email address or your pseudonym, it is completely anonymous. You will find a link and a QR code at the end of the video to take the quiz.
There are 26 questions.

Reaction score
Home Country
Vietnam
mqdefault.webp

As the title says, one in eight will become a legionnaire.
This video is not going to guarantee that you will be the eighth one. No-one can guarantee that. What it will do is optimize your chances of getting selected by giving you sound advice gleaned over the years from those who have tried and succeeded. And from those who tried and failed.
As you get into the video, you will see that I have no miracles to offer you. However, we can stack as many aces in your hand before going to make the journey, as the possible.
Watch my playlist Job offer:

There is a quiz at the end which I would strongly advice you to do.
I give you the answers in highlighter for f@ck's sake !
I do not see your email address or your pseudonym, it is completely anonymous. You will find a link and a QR code at the end of the video to take the quiz.
There are 26 questions.
Very nice, Joseph. I will check this out. I really appreciate your time and effort in creating these.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
What I was doing while Cloggy was having his little bit of fun.

Français, Dansk, Subs in English

Who owns the night? Special Operations Forces. Units from 13 NATO Allies and partners converged in Denmark for Exercise Night Hawk.
Synopsis
Special Operations Forces (SOF) from 13 NATO Allies and partners converged in Denmark for Night Hawk 21, a dynamic exercise that tested the ability of these elite forces to work together, gather intelligence and launch raids. Hosted by Denmark’s Special Operations Command, Night Hawk 21 tested the Composite Special Operations Component Command (C-SOCC), a trilateral headquarters established by Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands that can command several special operations task groups.

During the exercise, operators practised executing traditional SOF missions – counter-terrorism, for example – while working through the mission planning process with other countries. The field exercise took place throughout Denmark from 27 September to 7 October 2021. Footage includes shots of troops from Austria, Denmark, Germany, Ukraine and the United Kingdom executing raids during the exercise, as well as an interview with Royal Danish Army Major General Peter Boysen, commander of the Danish Special Operations Command and C-SOCC.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Special thanks to 'Off Track Places' & Pfc. Lilliana Fraser for this video.
Français, português नेपाली
As every military knows going to the rifle range can be a bit of a pain. However, being exhausted from physical execration and being timed and noted on it, just adds a lot more stress to it all. 82nd Airborne Division paratroopers compete in the All-American stress shoot at Fort Bragg, NC on Oct. 21, 2021.

The event is designed to measure the physical fitness and shooting capabilities of a Paratrooper in a stressful environment. The stress shoot challenged Paratroopers to overcome multiple challenges in addition to firing their weapons including a sled drag, kettlebell run, and wheelbarrow push. Not to mention lugging around those sand bags.

#Merci à 'Off Track Places' et au Pfc. Lilliana Fraser pour cette vidéo.
Comme tous les militaires le savent, se rendre au champ de tir peut être un peu pénible. Cependant, le fait d'être épuisé par l'exécution physique et d'être chronométré et noté, ajoute un stress supplémentaire à tout cela. Des parachutistes de la 82e division aéroportée participent au All-American stress shoot à Fort Bragg, NC, le 21 octobre 2021.
L'événement est conçu pour mesurer la forme physique et les capacités de tir d'un parachutiste dans un environnement stressant. Le stress shoot a mis les Parachutistes au défi de surmonter de multiples épreuves en plus du tir de leurs armes, notamment un traîneau, une course de kettlebell et une poussée de brouette. Sans parler du fait qu'ils ont dû trimballer des sacs de sable.

#Agradecimentos especiais a 'Off Track Places' & Pfc. Lilliana Fraser por este vídeo.
Como todo militar sabe, ir para a carreira de tiro pode ser um pouco doloroso. No entanto, estar exausto da execução física e ser cronometrado e notado nela, apenas acrescenta muito mais estresse a tudo isso. 82º Pára-quedistas da Divisão Aérea competem no tiroteio de estresse All-American em Fort Bragg, NC, em 21 de outubro de 2021.

O evento foi projetado para medir a aptidão física e a capacidade de tiro de um paraquedista em um ambiente estressante. O tiroteio de estresse desafiou os Pára-quedistas a superar múltiplos desafios, além de disparar suas armas, incluindo o arrasto de trenó, a corrida de kettlebell e o empurrão de carrinho de mão. Sem mencionar o arrastar em volta daqueles sacos de areia.

# 'Off Track Places' & Pfc लाई विशेष धन्यवाद। यो भिडियो को लागी Lilliana फ्रेजर। जस्तो कि प्रत्येक सेनालाई थाहा छ राइफल दायरा मा जाँदा एक दुखाइ को एक बिट हुन सक्छ। जे होस्, शारीरिक निष्पादन बाट थकित र समय र यो मा नोट गरीएको छ, मात्र यो सबै को लागी धेरै धेरै तनाव थप्छ। Nd२ औं एयरबोर्न डिभिजन प्याराट्रूपर्स २१ अक्टोबर २१, २०२१ मा फोर्ट ब्रैग, एनसी मा सबै अमेरिकी तनाव शूट मा प्रतिस्पर्धा गर्दछन्। यो कार्यक्रम एक तनावपूर्ण वातावरण मा एक पैराट्रूपर को शारीरिक फिटनेस र शूटिंग क्षमताहरु मापन गर्न को लागी डिजाइन गरीएको हो। तनाव शूटले प्याराट्रूपर्सहरूलाई स्लेज ड्र्याग, केटलबेल रन, र व्हीलबारो पुश लगायतका हतियारहरू चलाउनुका साथै धेरै चुनौतीहरू पार गर्न चुनौती दियो। ती बालुवा झोलाहरू वरिपरि लुगाउने उल्लेख नगर्नुहोस्।

\

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
De Castel À Calvi

Not my video at all, It was sent to by by Ossie O. I took my time uploading because I felt that it could do with some subtitles. And I've been busy lately.

It is in private mode so you can watch it directly on here. I will of course accept any likes given for taking to the time to translate it :whistle:

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
De Castel À Calvi

Not my video at all, It was sent to by by Ossie O. I took my time uploading because I felt that it could do with some subtitles. And I've been busy lately.

It is in private mode so you can watch it directly on here. I will of course accept any likes given for taking to the time to translate it :whistle:

It seems to be unavailable to me, any other having the same issue?