a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
No choice here in France
You can get one here. Serbia is vaccinating foreigners too! For free.
We also giving vaccines as humanitarian help to some countries in region.
We can choose any of existing vaccines. And newest thing they giving 30€ to people who get vaccinated until end of may!!!
All that makes me think? I wouldn't be surprised if that is happening in I don't know Norway, Kuwait or Qatar, but in Serbia? WTF is going on?

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I`m too young at the moment , will get my first in a few weeks I think.

legio31

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Whats the score with recruitment now if from the UK and need 2 vaccines to enter France is recruitment classed as an essential reason to enter France

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Whats the score with recruitment now if from the UK and need 2 vaccines to enter France is recruitment classed as an essential reason to enter France
Hi Legio, I can't be sure about coming from the UK, (or anywhere else for that matter). What I can tell you from the French news is that they are expecting a 4th outbreak at the end of July because of the Variant D and the French population's stupid attitude for vaccinations. nothing better to do cropped.pngWTF.
In spite of the fact that in France children have to have 11 different vaccinations.
At the moment there is a big discussion on whether the medical staff should be made to have the vaccine or not.
In old age pensioners homes, it is reported that only 50% of the staff have had the covid jab.
To answer your question - try to at least- No, recruitment into the legion is not classed as an essential reason to enter France.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Do not come to France if you are not double vaccinated and bring the proof if you are (physical and digital) i.e paper and phone with the Q.R. code) that you are totaly vaccinated
@ Joe C. Have updates to post on the situation but am aff tae watch the fitbaw
Be back soon, Inch Allah!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I still haven't got any vaccinations for Covid yet. Erika, got hers on Wednesday, organized by the French consulate. Johnsen, which means that she only has to have one jab. Naturally she asked about me, having served for France and having everything but a French passport, no way. No passport no jab.

I don't know who the journalist is, but he's got a dry sens of humor. The first photo of a monk says it all. Overweight, wearing flip flops, consulting his I-phone after shoping. Everything that a monk is not allowed to do.

Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
Do not come to France if you are not double vaccinated and bring the proof if you are (physical and digital) i.e paper and phone with the Q.R. code) that you are totaly vaccinated
@ Joe C. Have updates to post on the situation but am aff tae watch the fitbaw
Be back soon, Inch Allah!
i have taken my vaccine,two dose from pfizer, but i need time to train bcos its seems i have been eating alot this days,returning back to france for good in january

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
January is a good time.. the harder the better!…lose the weight and learn French in your spare time.. best of luck!
I was planning exactly that, but because of my work vacation, I have two serious questions, why "harder the better",
harder because its January or there is something else about it? Also, my country and France presidents seems not having
a good time with diplomatic matters, hope no side turn things worst, also, I got first shot and waiting for the next of Sinovac:CoronaVac,
apparently WHO has approved, but EMA seems to have it on hold, but it seems also to have Sputnik V waiting to be approved too,
so, I am defintely hoping it gets done til January. We have all the types available here, we are just not allowed to choose which vaccine
to take :confused:

mark wake

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
I was planning exactly that, but because of my work vacation, I have two serious questions, why "harder the better",
harder because its January or there is something else about it? Also, my country and France presidents seems not having
a good time with diplomatic matters, hope no side turn things worst, also, I got first shot and waiting for the next of Sinovac:CoronaVac,
apparently WHO has approved, but EMA seems to have it on hold, but it seems also to have Sputnik V waiting to be approved too,
so, I am defintely hoping it gets done til January. We have all the types available here, we are just not allowed to choose which vaccine
to take :confused:
Nobody likes the crap weather!..snow/mud/rain.. I joined the legion in January and that’s exactly what I got!.. try and sleep in a waterlogged sleeping bag that’s slowly seeping in the mud! You are exhausted from the long March you just did..even the bloody rations are a cold mush..I could go on but I think you get the picture!.. that was nothing compared to what was waiting for me when I finally made it to my regiment. 2 REP. don’t think because you made it in training it will be easy street afterwards!..you may serve in some hell hole in Africa or the Middle East.. jungles.. the desert.. or the mountains of Corsica..all part of being a legionnaire!.. the legion has some good regiments regular infantry..cavalry.. and engineers..just be aware that one day you will be called upon to really serve France and it won’t be a bed of roses!

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Since the 1st of August, pass sanitaire, phone and or on paper shown that you are vaccinated... restaurant, bars, cinéma, sports stadium etc...as from the 9 th of August, the pass sanitaire must be shown to get on board,trains, taxis, buses etc
I repeat again
Do not come to France if you are not totaly vaccinated
A P.C.R. test isnt enougth to avoid an expensive quarantaine

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Since the 1st of August, pass sanitaire, phone and or on paper shown that you are vaccinated... restaurant, bars, cinéma, sports stadium etc...as from the 9 th of August, the pass sanitaire must be shown to get on board,trains, taxis, buses etc
I repeat again
Do not come to France if you are not totaly vaccinated
A P.C.R. test isnt enougth to avoid an expensive quarantaine
I believe that there is a minimum of 1 week after the 2nd vaccination before you are considered to be totally vaccinated in France. So you should move Vacc to the top of your preparations before the depart list.

Which gives me another idea for a video. Thanks LPN.

I'll run a draft by you guys first, no thrills such as swirling images, all of it in English, that way you can let me know what I've missed.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
For the more observant of you I have added to my profile picture Majeur et vacciné which is a French phrase which translates, more or less, as I'm old enough to decide (for myself) The phrase has been out long before Covid. It's just that I'm celebrating my vaccine, which I got done today.
IMG_20210823_110300.jpg

That is me standing up, the nurse in the background is amazed because I'm not a happy teddy. First of all they had misplaced my passport, so they had skipped me. Then when they eventually get the passport, they had gone onto another line.
It is Erka taking the photo. No I am not that fat, it is another guys tee shirt which is a lighter blue that gives that impression.

Reaction score
Home Country
Brazil
I hope it is not a way of giving any trace or kind of personal information, and hopefully they dont read this forum,
but this is the response that I got from e-mail about restrictions on vaccines.

"Être vacciné contre la COVID-19 n'est actuellement pas indispensable.
Chaque candidat est testé au début du parcours de sélection."

As I understand, for some unluck folks like me, that com from emerging countries, will have first to deal with
the burocratic requirements, when trying to enter in France, which still a no go to the vaccine I got.
After you pass France requirements to enter as a tourist, you will have to do another covid test before going to enlist?

Reaction score
Home Country
Italy
As I understand, for some unluck folks like me, that com from emerging countries, will have first to deal with
the burocratic requirements, when trying to enter in France, which still a no go to the vaccine I got.

Is it still difficult to get a vaccine in Brazil?