a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 and joining -Important update

Reaction score
Home Country
Fiji
Big Boy, Do you really think that your or American government love you so much more than Russian?
you seem to read into things too much. I never mentioned anything that remotely suggests this. I just find the name of the vaccine funny or don´t you?

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Italy has just shut down due to coronavirus. Will it happen in France ? If France gets hit as hard as Italy then I'm sure recruiting offices will have to close for a while. Maybe a good time to go and try your luck as applicants, numbers will be right down. Or if you leave it until the end of the mayhem there would there be a glut of men trying to get in? Interesting times...
This leaves me conflicted I got two years before I leave.

I could leave early but I feel like I would be leaving my responsibilities .

I have two years of school payed for.

this means I should wait because school is costing somebody money.

Attachments

• F46109C6-CC76-4CAA-8CEE-544A33CE555D.jpeg
    F46109C6-CC76-4CAA-8CEE-544A33CE555D.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Home Country
Nigeria
The situation is getting worse here in France
My advice is not to travel from where ever you might be to here, until May / June at least... even then, it's not a certitude
Post Schitum
Patience is a virtue
You are very correct, I train very hard for it, only for me to travel to France on 11th of January to Paris, I decided to go to Paris bcos I couldn't find a flight to Marseille, I got to Paris and immediately from the airport I went to the legion, I was given papers for the first test which haven't been Change, I was happy, after few minutes of joy into the test ,I was ask to stop that I started the process in Marseille, so I should go there and finish it, I ask.them.when can I go and they told me I can go.now or next day, I didn't want the stress of searching for hotel,I took night train from Paris to Marseille, I go to Marseille in the morning, I took another train to augbane, on getting there I was attended to, immediately the guy saw my passport he recognized me from Paris, he told me Paris call on my behalf, I said yes and he said they gave me appointment for April, but no body told me in Paris and nobody told me the last time I was there during my injuries, so the guy took me in and showed me the computer, so I was very disappointed, immediately I went back to Marseille, on getting to.Marseille, I decided to go do a corona virus test so I can travel back to Greece, I did the test in a private clinic bcos it was Saturday, on getting back to Paris the next day at Charlse de Gaulle airport, I rebooked my ticket for the next day ,and slept at the airport for that night, only for the airline to refused me flying that morning saying I can't travel with antigen covid19 test, ,thats how I missed my flight, so I was ask to go do it inside the airport for Free, I did it and I had to sleep atbthe airport for two. Day's b4 getting the result, and I eventually got a covid19 positive result, I was sent into isolation for 14 day's and I was seeing doctors too, everything on my own expenses, hotel was on my own expenses , after 14 day's I was ask to go back to do it again at the airport, and I had to pay a Taxi 100 euros to take me there, after 48hours it came back positive again, then they told me that I am asymptomatic covid19 patient, I couldn't fly, I went back to the hospital and they called the Greek ambassador she came and said I must be negative b4 I will be allowed back into Greece, and I was running out of Cash, then I was given a social worker from the hospital who helped me secure a very good hotel for Free paid for by the airport authority, I didn't know I was entitled to such benefit, but I already spent 1300euros for nothing, that was where I was until last week before I finally tested negative and was allowed to returned back to Greece. I even gave up on joining the legion, but I decided that I will not let all this suffering be in vain so for that reason I will go back to work, and from November I Will restop work and resume my normal training until January next year b4 I will return back, by then I would have taken the vaccine, guys my advice is to not rush bcos if are infected in the process no airplane will take you back home, I got infected in Marseille train station, that place is like there is no lock down, the crowd there is too much, I did pcr test b4 leaving Greece and it was negative, getting to Paris I did another rapid test,it was negative, only for me to travel to Marseille and back,I got infected, guys be patient, get your vaccine first before you travel to France.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Thanx very much, Zeroni, your info will be much appreciated to the forum
Post Schitum
I have a girlfriend and in Athens

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
You are very correct, I train very hard for it, only for me to travel to France on 11th of January to Paris, I decided to go to Paris bcos I couldn't find a flight to Marseille, I got to Paris and immediately from the airport I went to the legion, I was given papers for the first test which haven't been Change, I was happy, after few minutes of joy into the test ,I was ask to stop that I started the process in Marseille, so I should go there and finish it, I ask.them.when can I go and they told me I can go.now or next day, I didn't want the stress of searching for hotel,I took night train from Paris to Marseille, I go to Marseille in the morning, I took another train to augbane, on getting there I was attended to, immediately the guy saw my passport he recognized me from Paris, he told me Paris call on my behalf, I said yes and he said they gave me appointment for April, but no body told me in Paris and nobody told me the last time I was there during my injuries, so the guy took me in and showed me the computer, so I was very disappointed, immediately I went back to Marseille, on getting to.Marseille, I decided to go do a corona virus test so I can travel back to Greece, I did the test in a private clinic bcos it was Saturday, on getting back to Paris the next day at Charlse de Gaulle airport, I rebooked my ticket for the next day ,and slept at the airport for that night, only for the airline to refused me flying that morning saying I can't travel with antigen covid19 test, ,thats how I missed my flight, so I was ask to go do it inside the airport for Free, I did it and I had to sleep atbthe airport for two. Day's b4 getting the result, and I eventually got a covid19 positive result, I was sent into isolation for 14 day's and I was seeing doctors too, everything on my own expenses, hotel was on my own expenses , after 14 day's I was ask to go back to do it again at the airport, and I had to pay a Taxi 100 euros to take me there, after 48hours it came back positive again, then they told me that I am asymptomatic covid19 patient, I couldn't fly, I went back to the hospital and they called the Greek ambassador she came and said I must be negative b4 I will be allowed back into Greece, and I was running out of Cash, then I was given a social worker from the hospital who helped me secure a very good hotel for Free paid for by the airport authority, I didn't know I was entitled to such benefit, but I already spent 1300euros for nothing, that was where I was until last week before I finally tested negative and was allowed to returned back to Greece. I even gave up on joining the legion, but I decided that I will not let all this suffering be in vain so for that reason I will go back to work, and from November I Will restop work and resume my normal training until January next year b4 I will return back, by then I would have taken the vaccine, guys my advice is to not rush bcos if are infected in the process no airplane will take you back home, I got infected in Marseille train station, that place is like there is no lock down, the crowd there is too much, I did pcr test b4 leaving Greece and it was negative, getting to Paris I did another rapid test,it was negative, only for me to travel to Marseille and back,I got infected, guys be patient, get your vaccine first before you travel to France.
Sorry for that ordeal, but don't let it deter you stick to your dream and make it happen

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
I had my first Pfizer jab, thé 6 th of April. The second is for the 3 rd of May. A third jab might be needed 9 months later for the variants.
We might start reopening bars and restaurant service on the 15 th of May (terrace only)
The 10 km limit restriction might be lifted too.We shall see

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Had my second Pfizer jab Yesterday and recieved the attestation that am vaccinated
Cant go to many places in Europe without it...do not come to France if you are not vaccinated (even if you are allowed in with a Neg test less than 72 hours. Avoid your self expensive quarantaine

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Had my second Pfizer jab Yesterday and recieved the attestation that am vaccinated
Cant go to many places in Europe without it...do not come to France if you are not vaccinated (even if you are allowed in with a Neg test less than 72 hours. Avoid your self expensive quarantaine
I thought you are going Sputnik V. :)

Just kidding, here you can choose from any of 4 available vaccines. I think I would also go with Pfizer. But only if I hear that everything is alright with our Le petit. ;)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I;m still wondering when I'll be able to get my jab, because until I do, I'm not going anywhere.

Perun

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Croatia
My doctor booked me for sunday. I'll know what options are available when I get there. Also prefer Pfizer, but we shall see..