a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Derailed threads. Le Bayou: Crawdad's home for them

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
The pure hypocrisy here is limit the parade and attendance but allow the riots and mass protest. We face the same here, the Marxist mob riots and of course the leftist do not attribute COVID-19 spread to them, no it is the civic citizen that is the problem. They are attempting to delete the entire history of America, it is a fatally flawed nation in their eyes, they attack history to erase it and to install anarchy and Marxism. France faces the same, attack the Catholic Churches, Kill Priest at the Altar, let the Muslims run free and have no go zones in Paris.

This unrest has to be put down, they not only want to erase America, the goal is Western Civilization.

USMCRET

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Bastille Day Parade is a great military parade, wish we had such an event. But the Fecking Liberal Retards would lose their minds.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
The pure hypocrisy here is limit the parade and attendance but allow the riots and mass protest. We face the same here, the Marxist mob riots and of course the leftist do not attribute COVID-19 spread to them, no it is the civic citizen that is the problem. They are attempting to delete the entire history of America, it is a fatally flawed nation in their eyes, they attack history to erase it and to install anarchy and Marxism. France faces the same, attack the Catholic Churches, Kill Priest at the Altar, let the Muslims run free and have no go zones in Paris.

This unrest has to be put down, they not only want to erase America, the goal is Western Civilization.
USMCRET, I do support you for something you saying here, but I would also hew to conflict opinion with you. You putting all protesters in one category which simply is not true, I mean of course there is many bad people on streets just want to loot and do damage.
Other are paid to do what they do and third just using situation to push their crazy political ideas.

But have in mind that there is big chunk of protesters who are literally pissed on system which is failing them again and again. Also there is many people who don't protest, but support idea that something need to be drastically changed with police. Something is deeply wrong with US police. Not every station, but looks to me its many of them. In fact, majority.

I mean If I'm young black guy in USA, with no job, having trouble with police many times (not because I did something wrong), seeing all that killings of unarmed men by police without any reasons or justifications and police officers getting away from that like nothing is happened again and again ... There is no sentence for them, there is no responsibility ... It's like they deciding who lives and who dies and no one can't do sh*t about it!
Believe me I would be pretty damn pissed and I don't think peaceful protest would be enough! I mean they tried and tried and nobody gived demn about sh*t. So what else they can do? I mean why US police and government didn't start solving things when Ferguson unrest started? How many innocent people was killed by police like dogs (I mean killing dog would put someone in big trouble today , so is not same :)) since then and nobody even lost their job? And is not all about "killing poor black guys" there is many white guys who are also victims of police brutality but they cases don't become national news.

I don't know ... problem is really serious and your solution to solve it with brute force would only make things worse. Of course some force would be necessary, but if that is only answer to problem ... Things would not end up well for most US citizens. This could be solved 10- 5 years ago just fine.Only if they persecuted killer cops... even if they gave them mild sentences. But they can't kill innocent man and tomorrow get back to work like nothing happened.

It almost looks to me like someone did this on purpose.

Do you think that problem with US police force is like they said “only a few bad apples” ? Or maybe you believe the problem with the police does not even exist... :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
USMCRET, I do support you for something you saying here, but I would also hew to conflict opinion with you.
You putting all protesters in one category which simply is not true, I mean of course there is many bad people on streets just want to loot and do damage.
Other are paid to do what they do and third just using situation to push their crazy political ideas.

But have in mind that there is big chunk of protesters who are literally pissed on system which is failing them again and again. Also there is many people who don't protest, but support idea that something need to be drastically changed with police. Something is deeply wrong with US police. Not every station, but looks to me its many of them. In fact, majority.

I mean If I'm young black guy in USA, with no job, having trouble with police many times (not because I did something wrong), seeing all that killings of unarmed men by police without any reasons or justifications and police officers getting away from that like nothing is happened again and again ... There is no sentence for them, there is no responsibility ... It's like they deciding who lives and who dies and no one can't do sh*t about it!
Believe me I would be pretty damn pissed and I don't think peaceful protest would be enough! I mean they tried and tried and nobody gived demn about sh*t. So what else they can do? I mean why US police and government didn't start solving things when Ferguson unrest started? How many innocent people was killed by police like dogs (I mean killing dog would put someone in big trouble today , so is not same :)) since then and nobody even lost their job? And is not all about "killing poor black guys" there is many white guys who are also victims of police brutality but they cases don't become national news.

I don't know ... problem is really serious and your solution to solve it with brute force would only make things worse. Of course some force would be necessary, but if that is only answer to problem ... Things would not end up well for most US citizens. This could be solved 10- 5 years ago just fine.Only if they persecuted killer cops... even if they gave them mild sentences. But they can't kill innocent man and tomorrow get back to work like nothing happened.

It almost looks to me like someone did this on purpose.

I'm not taking sides here but...

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I'm not taking sides here but...
That Floyd had a history of petty crime is not being questioned but, in my view, it's not the point. Whether or not he deserved to be killed for trying to smuggle a counterfeit $20 banknote, after he had been arrested without opposing resistance. That is the question.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
That Floyd had a history of petty crime is not being questioned but, in my view, it's not the point. Whether or not he deserved to be killed for trying to smuggle a counterfeit $20 banknote, after he had been arrested without opposing resistance. That is the question.
I agree with you, in theory. Except you don't get 5 years for petty crime and there is the fact that he was high as a kite on Meths. The policeman in question has a history of making aggressive arrests of black people. I can understand why the police have to make the choice of going in hard against black people who are high on drugs. It's not as though “gentle George” as I've heard him described, was well dressed and was sober. He was well known to the police as being aggressive and they were not taking any chances.
Of course he didn't deserve to die and I'm sure that the ex-police officer regrets his actions.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand

Aren't we going a little overboard here?
They have removed a statue of Christopher Columbus, what he could be accused of in the late 1400's I don't know. They have even removed a statue of the great man Sir Winston Churchill, for its own protection.

When I was working as a security guard in Haribo they were still producing ' Tête de nègres' they actually represent African masques and are made out of liquorice.
Until someone complained about the sweets being racistso_O.
The Brits had golliwog jam advert

And Uncle Ben's Rice
And Aunt Jamima's Syrup

a list of brands changing their names

Nowadays when sending out CVs it is not recommended if you are black, brown or grey* to put a photo on it.
(that way you can use the racist trump card if you get turned because someone else is better suited for the job)
1593310822573.png
* grey or in French gris (the s isn't pronounced) is what the French call the Arab population.

And before anyone gets any ideas - I'm not racist.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Of course he didn't deserve to die and I'm sure that the ex-police officer regrets his actions.
Yes he does regret his action and that is only because he’s been charged for murder. If there is "business as usual" in this case like it was in couples before this he would not care! He would not give F about that man's death and that is clear from way he handling situation. Only why he is regret that killing is beacose he have to deal with consequences.

I agree with you, in theory. Except you don't get 5 years for petty crime and there is the fact that he was high as a kite on Meths.
Which fact? One given by police? I can find that is confirmed. And even if he was, so what? How that makes this situation any different?
BTW only serious crime Floyd did was that armed robbery of women for which nobody can prove she was pregnant. And also their idea was to rob her of drugs. ;) (don't know if drug part is true)

The policeman in question has a history of of making aggressive arrests of black people. I can understand why the police have to make the choice of going in hard against black people who are high on drugs.
Because a white man on drugs is OK but a black guys on drugs is an unstoppable killing machine, able to slaughter 5 armed cops with his teeth, even when handcuffed? Please have in mind this was really big black guy! I don't know how this poor cops even approached him? They should have waitEd for the SWAT or the National Guard with heavy armored vehicle. No chance I would be so brave and took chances like those brave cops did. :):D:)

It's not as though 'gentle George' as I've heard him described, was well dressed and was sober. He was well known to the police as being aggressive and they were not taking any chances.
And nobody would said anything if they did only that. Did you watched the video Joe? The cop is choking an unarmed, handcuffed man for 8 minutes! He was unconscious for long period of that time. Was he really so scared that he cannot lift his knee of that niggas neck for one second to chek if he is still resist? There was 4 cops with guns on that man! How can any of them feel threatened especially after they handcuffed him and put on his belly?

I simply can't understand how anyone can support the cops in this story! Maybe they should be victims of police brutality once or twice to better understand? Nothing serious, no injuries. Just that feeling of absolute hopelessness...

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
I basically agree with what Dusan said above. I’ll just add up a few comments (and that’ll be my last post on that very sad story).

(...) It's not as though “gentle George” as I've heard him described, was well dressed and was sober. He was well known to the police as being aggressive and they were not taking any chances. (...)
An undisputed fact is that when the police officer who would eventually kill Floyd arrived to the scene, the suspect had already been arrested by another police patrol, was handcuffed and not opposing any resistance. It’s only when the police officers tried to take him to the patrol car and Floyd claimed he couldn’t walk (couldn’t, not refused), maybe because he was high or just in some sort of a state of shock, that things went from bad to worse.

(...) Of course he didn't deserve to die and I'm sure that the ex-police officer regrets his actions.
I'm pretty sure that he does regret what he did, now that he’s lost his job, his reputation and realises he’s bound to serve a number of years in prison. Would he have regretted if things had been ushed up? Not sure.
The only thing I could say in his defense if I were his lawyer is that I truly believe he didn’t intend to kill the suspect. As you said, this police officer had an history of violence, had never been seriously questioned by anyone in the chain of command and he treated this arrest as “business as usual” (like “just another nigg@r causing trouble”).
When you have an habit of driving over speed limit, it can go without incident for months or years, until one day you get a ticket (in the best case scenario) or you accidentally hit and kill a pedestrian crossing the road, in the worst case.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I really did not want to get into a squabble over something that we know little about. I mean do we know what the police officers have to put up with on a day to day basis?
If it will help to calm down the thread, I'll agree that the two of you are correct.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
If it will help to calm down the thread, I'll agree that the two of you are correct.
Hehe. No it would not help Joe. Not if you put that way.
I really did not want to get into a squabble over something that we know little about. I mean do we know what the police officers have to put up with on a day to day basis?
What you said basically means "I think you are wrong, but I would put the ball down because ..... I'm Kiwi :)"
At first I thought that calmness and no-confrontation attitude is your personal feature Joe, but when I math more New Zealanders I realized that characteristic is universal for majority of Kiwis. :) It's actually virtue (mostly) and feature totally opposite from what we in West Balkan have. We making conflicts even there is no any one horizontal and opposes opinion whenever we can't. ((New Zealand wife would be good choice for guy from Serbia ;)))

Anyway Joe, I think you have some points and I will explain later, but you also put some things wrongly. OK both you and Rapace want to end this conversation. I get it, you are mods so it's somewhat understandable. Still, even if the subject is not of great importance for forum I have to say few more words and I hope for getting some response . Hope no one would lock thread until then because it's important issue and need to be discussed.
Pushing things under carpet works only short periods!

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
(...) OK both you and Rapace want to end this conversation. I get it, you are mods so it's somewhat understandable. (...)
It’s not that I want to end the discussion as a mod or put the dust under the carpet, it’s basically that I said what I wanted to say about this affair and not willing to dwell on that forever. Feel free to expose your opinion, even if you may well end up just discussing with yourself.
We’ll see, but If things get nasty again, the moderator in me may resurface... :)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Although I don't really like to get into politics, history yes, but politicians are not really my thing,
However to take a little pressure off the subject of a policeman killing a black guy, I thought I might publish this article:

You have to have smile on your face when you read about the salaries :(.

I read somewhere that the ex Prime Minister tried to justify his Welsh born wife's job and exorbitant salary by saying that she used to proofread his speeches. I mean come on.

P.S. it has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman or a foreigner- I thought it best to get in that disclaimer beforehand :whistle:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
I check out this site from time to time, mostly for the African countries. I came across this. For you Dusa :)

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
I check out this site from time to time, mostly for the African countries. I came across this. For you Dusa :)
What to say, more or less they talking true. As for Kosovo, is not that simple as they explained, but I would going into it because I'm sick of listening that subject for pas 25 y! Would just say that "Kosovo" doesn't mean "black bird! Yes "Kos"means "Common blackbird", but "Ovo" means "this". Put together doesn't have any meaning. So I think they mistaken that. As for "Metohija" that is correct.

Also that black guy saying that 1/6 of population doing agriculture, which is insane and maybe true if looking time from 100 y ago. I'm living in agricultural area in village surrounded by fields all over and here maybe 10% at most of people living from agriculture. Ad that majority of population lives in cities and majority of territory is not agricultural. So you getting idea how of the target that statement was.

Also at the and they say that Serbia trained South African rebels against apartheid. Never heard anything about that and I can't find nothing online so I really don't know where they dig that up. Also we all know that UK (along with other western allies) was biggest supporter of SA rebels. That's why before internet you never heard about war crimes and terror committed by rebels. How someone wanted to blame Serbs even for this !? :) If someone have some info I'm glad to hear.

Last edited:

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Which is all well and good dusa, but did you check out the Beautiful Blue Danube? I only ask because I have it on good authority that there is a Serb in the audience. You can see him - with his back to the camera- in the 06'13 mark. He in the second column from the left. Second row, third man down.
Perhaps he's from an neighboring village to you? :unsure: