a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitness & gym videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Haha :). That's really strong argument. :) Starting thread doesn't mean it belong to you and that you can choose who can play with here and who can not. ;)
i suggest you stop the cheap beer. I do not want to be drawn into an argument with you. If you think the guy is ok and just making money punching old men in bars then it shows your social standing. let´s leave it at that .

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
i suggest you stop the cheap beer. I do not want to be drawn into an argument with you. If you think the guy is ok and just making money punching old men in bars then it shows your social standing. let´s leave it at that .
I'm not thinking that is OK at all. But I'm thinking that it have connection with money making. That event took place in April this year. Isn't it strange that video went online just now, couple days before UFC event?

If not for that video I would never know that UFC taking place. Same was with doping scandal last and UFC, also couple events before. So that is matrix by which they do business. So believe me something is really fishy with whole this thing. I don't know if Connor did that deliberately, but timing of video release simple can't be coincidence.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
I'm not thinking that is OK at all. But I'm thinking that it have connection with money making. That event took place in April this year. Isn't it strange that video went online just now, couple days before UFC event?

If not for that video I would never know that UFC taking place. Same was with doping scandal last and UFC, also couple events before. So that is matrix by which they do business. So believe me something is really fishy with whole this thing. I don't know if Connor did that deliberately, but timing of video release simple can't be coincidence.
bro..it does not matter, it´s your opinion that sucks. don´t try to back out or try to justify anything. you talked sh³t, admit it and get on with it.

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland

What's the situation exactly?

I don't like Macregor, Always though of him as an overhyped arrogant idiot. Yet, in my experience, some old men seem to think they can say what they want because they have managed to get to an age that requires nothing but self-preservation* yet they think their age is some sort of 'body armour' that entitles them to say and do what they want. i call bullcrap!
Age doesn't fly with me, you don't do stuff that you can't back up.

*Obviously, soldiers and stuff age, but we are still up for the fight. Plenty of old men aren't.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
What's the situation exactly?

I don't like Macregor, Always though of him as an overhyped arrogant idiot. Yet, in my experience, some old men seem to think they can say what they want because they have managed to get to an age that requires nothing but self-preservation* yet they think their age is some sort of 'body armour' that entitles them to say and do what they want. i call bullcrap!
Age doesn't fly with me, you don't do stuff that you can't back up.

*Obviously, soldiers and stuff age, but we are still up for the fight. Plenty of old men aren't.

I hear you man, and the section in bold does resonate with me; but I'm not sure I'd strike a senior citizen in anything other than life preserving self defense. I would (and have) shrug off an insult; would run/ walk briskly away from a physical altercation; and if a graybeard wanted to play Jesse James and have a gunfight, I reckon I'd burn him down. But to haul off and knock the dentures out of some old man over a slight? I can't see me doing that.

Especially not here in the Deep South; aside from the moral and legal issues--- I'd be either made into Alligator sh@t, or "Strange Fruit", for doing what Connor did.

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
bro..it does not matter, it´s your opinion that sucks. don´t try to back out or try to justify anything. you talked sh³t, admit it and get on with it.
I'm not trying to back out. I'm standing behind every word I wrote in this occasion. It's you didn't reading my post with enough attention (once again).

I never defended Mcgregor and his acts (actually I don't like him with that cocky behavior). I justattacked UFC (company) strategy of promoting fights that way I have a theory that this two are connected.

And, just to say, for old guy I don't feel sorry at all. Just easy punch and he would get more money than he ever probably earned in any 5 years of his live. Do that sum I would accept to be boxing bag for Conor.

And now you got me in machine ... and I would go your way Sexpert. Thinking better, i'm sure that knowing his temper there is tons of guys provoking Conor just waiting for him to snap and to take some money from him.

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Dusa is right, the guy is a show off. I remember reading about him hiring a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce, I forget where, but what I do remember is that when he arrived at the venu he gets out and climbs onto the bonnet of the 200k + car and acts the big shot in front of the reporters. If it was his own car I would not have minded so much. I repeat so much, because it is taking the P$ss doing a jig on such a magnificent car, However, the driver got into some serious trouble over it. How can you stop a guy who trains to beat people up when all you do for a living is drive a luxury car?

If that was the only thing, I'd day fair enough, however the driver is photographed, not exactly encouraging him, but certainly seems to be enjoying the spectacle.
What happened to the driver, I don't know, but the hire company were saying that they were assessing to see if there are any damages and that McGs custom would no longer be welcome (or words to that effect.)

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Thought I'd back up my allegations with proof. I'm not sure if this particular article mentions the driver...

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
And, just to say, for old guy I don't feel sorry at all. Just easy punch and he would get more money than he ever probably earned in any 5 years of his live. Do that sum I would accept to be boxing bag for Conor.
Maybe you should read your own posts when sober & you're the boxing bag on here 😄

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Dusa is right, the guy is a show off. I remember reading about him hiring a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce, I forget where, but what I do remember is that when he arrived at the venu he gets out and climbs onto the bonnet of the 200k + car and acts the big shot in front of the reporters. If it was his own car I would not have minded so much. I repeat so much, because it is taking the P$ss doing a jig on such a magnificent car, However, the driver got into some serious trouble over it. How can you stop a guy who trains to beat people up when all you do for a living is drive a luxury car?

If that was the only thing, I'd day fair enough, however the driver is photographed, not exactly encouraging him, but certainly seems to be enjoying the spectacle.
What happened to the driver, I don't know, but the hire company were saying that they were assessing to see if there are any damages and that McGs custom would no longer be welcome (or words to that effect.)
The video of him punching The old guy in my opinion is not showing off but being a bully two different Things. It's all over US & UK bodybuilding & Sport Forums. He's got publicity alright but only negative. I hope he picks on the wrong guy & gets a good beating.

Last edited:

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I hear you man, and the section in bold does resonate with me; but I'm not sure I'd strike a senior citizen in anything other than life preserving self defense. I would (and have) shrug off an insult; would run/ walk briskly away from a physical altercation; and if a graybeard wanted to play Jesse James and have a gunfight, I reckon I'd burn him down. But to haul off and knock the dentures out of some old man over a slight? I can't see me doing that.

Especially not here in the Deep South; aside from the moral and legal issues--- I'd be either made into Alligator sh@t, or "Strange Fruit", for doing what Connor did.

I am a Scot. It's well known the Scots made up most of the immigrants that populated the southern States of the US. Reason I am saying this is because our People share a similar mentality. We are proud and respectful. Punching old people because you don't like their attitude isn't the accepted thing.
I, just like you, would never strike a senior citizen (unless it was an extreme situation) but not all of us have the same moral compass.
And I refuse to judge someone's standards by my own.

jonny

Actual or Former Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
Norway
Yeah right accusing me of being drunk whenever you don't like what I write.
No probs, Dusa, why come on this forum when sober anyway? I dont!

And,more than this, I did it my way! As Frank Sinatry liked to put it.

Anyway, started my 80th year this week, and still knocking back a few beers, a couple of glasses of wine and, of course, some good whisky before going to bed every night.

Just keep it up, mate!

Attachments

• 0445D530-C542-4893-8BA3-B697C1E79649.jpeg
    0445D530-C542-4893-8BA3-B697C1E79649.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 0C100628-030E-479A-AA9A-44F67FB47DF2.jpeg
    0C100628-030E-479A-AA9A-44F67FB47DF2.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Ex-Pongo

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
Let's get this thread back on track!

awesome video, from old school, brutal Muay Thai. You don't have to just be a Thai kickboxer to appreciate it though, the fundamentals apply across the board for the strikers amongst us.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Where are you in the deep south? Are the chicks really Hot there? 😁

Originally, I'm from [Bayou] Coden, which is next to Bayou LaBatre, AL.

I could go into more detail on request, but the short version is that: the local diet, coupled with the custom of marrying and having children very young, spoils most of their looks before their 30's. Again, that's painting with a broad brush, and really isn't even applicable to the town's Vietnamese, Laotian, and Cambodian communities (who comprise a third of our population)--- but that's the gist. Point is, if you're coming down here for the ladies, try nearby Mobile, Biloxi, or New Orleans instead.

I presently reside in Tallahassee, FL. It's a college town, home to both Florida State & Florida A&M universities. Plenty of beautiful women here.

Status
Not open for further replies.