a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many new greens?

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
In 2 years on the forum, I've only seen a small handful of people from Cervens go and become legionnaires. This is a pretty small community now in 2018. How many active members have actually joined up? Is anyone planning to go soon?

DCLXVI

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Because we simply don't give a shit. Further more, when we do post current reality in the Legion, all you fantasist can not handle it. [EDITED]

Reaction score
Home Country
India
Because we simply don't give a shit. Further more, when we do post current reality in the legion, all you fantasist can not handle it. [EDITED]
That is so true. I myself felt it that when someone experienced expressed himself bluntly it really made me feel weird. We only want to hear what we want. And I think it is applicable to all humans, including the selection committee of FFL.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Whatever the questions a polite reply is more sensible. And yes some are stupid, mine included, but we all learn through experience. A decent response earns respect.

spooker

Reaction score
Home Country
India
That is so true. I myself felt it that when someone experienced expressed himself bluntly it really made me feel weird. We only want to hear what we want. And I think it is applicable to all humans, including the selection committee of FFL
The biggest problem with most people seems to be is that they fail to realize that Legion is what one makes of it, there are as many realities to the Legion as there are legionnaires, each with a different story to tell.
Modern society forces its inhabitants to live such a sheltered lives that instead of finding our own realities, we base our opinions on the realities of others because it's convenient. Greens and the other old guys give you their reality, the candidate's job is to find his, as simple as that.

Reaction score
Home Country
India
The biggest problem with most people seems to be is that they fail to realize that Legion is what one makes of it, there are as many realities to the Legion as there are legionnaires, each with a different story to tell.
Modern society forces its inhabitants to live such a sheltered lives that instead of finding our own realities, we base our opinions on the realities of others because it's convenient. Greens and the other old guys give you their reality, the candidate's job is to find his, as simple as that.
And I think this is the sole purpose of this community. By the examples and experienced advice, candidate like me can have the thorough knowledge of what Legion is all about.

Rapace

Reaction score
Home Country
France
And I think this is the sole purpose of this community. By the examples and experienced advice, candidate like me can have the thorough knowledge of what Legion is all about.
That's not exactly what Spooker is saying. Of course this forum can provide you with some details and information re life in the Legion, some are (more or less) factual (i.e. “which level is required at the Luc-Léger test during selection?”), others are subjective and greatly dependent on the personality and experience of the person who provides them. At the end of the day, you'll have to build your own one.
I'm often making the same comparison. Joining the Legion is a bit like sex... :D You can read as many books or internet forums as you want, listen to as many people as you want talking of it, in the end you'll never really know what it is and how you feel about it until you've done it... So, if you really want to join the Legion, no use spending months on the forum trying to find answers to questions that you only can find. Get my point ? ;)

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
That's not exactly what Spooker is saying. Of course this forum can provide you with some details and information re life in the Legion, some are (more or less) factual (i.e. "which level is required at the Luc-Léger test?"), others are subjective and greatly dependent on the personality and experience of the person who provides them. At the end of the day, you'll have to build your own one.
I'm often making the same comparison. Joining the Legion is a bit like sex... :D You can read as many books or internet forums as you want, listen to as many people as you want talking of it, in the end you'll never really know what it is and how you feel about it until you've done it... So, if you really want to join the Legion, no use spending months on the forum trying to find answers to questions that you only can find. Get my point ? ;)
I like that , instead of w*nking go and do it for real :)

Katalmach

Donator
Reaction score
Home Country
United States
Because we simply don't give a shit. Further more, when we do post current reality in the Legion, all you fantasist can not handle it. [EDITED]
Glad to see you're still around. For some reason, I thought you were banned or something.