a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inapte définitif discharge, is there absolutely no chance to try again?

Reaction score
Home Country
Australia
Hello forum,

This is aimed at those already in.

A few years ago I tried to join. Fitness was 2nd in the group but that seemed irrelevant I am pretty sure I failed because of my previous poor life choices.
When I was interviewed I told them everything. Every detail. I was bounced from the psychologist to the Adjutant Chef and then once more to the Lieutenant.
As I was leaving, one sergent whispered to me to get a new passport and try again.
I am not going to lie and get another passport. First thing they asked when I got there the first time to aubagne was "have you ever tried joining before?" All my scars and prints documented.
Bang my record.
Out you go again you Filthy lying sack of shit.

If I try again and am honest about it all, there is still no chance in hell and I am wasting my time? definitif is definitif right?

Just another wannabe.

Surfguy

Super Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Can you change your name like in the UK ? if you can may be worth a punt but its an expensive flight if you get knocked back , you`ll have to create a new you life story by the sounds of it , maybe pick the name of someone who`ll show on public records , someone who`s lived a very quite life with no criminal back ground. ?

GuidoLovarini

Reaction score
Home Country
Scotland
I would just forget about it mate there has been mixed suggestions and opinions about this topic over the years. They have said no for whatever reason. Its a hard pill to swallow but maybe try brush it under the rug and put your energy into something else your passionate about. Anyway good luck mate. Especially coming from australia thats an exspensive trip to take to be caught out !!

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
First of all what did they throw you out for. When did this happen and who the hell is this sergeant telling you to get another passport, I'm sorry I can't believe that.

Sorry mate I'm not buying this whole story. Perhaps an entrance into France in your Passport?

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Just get on with your life. The Legion is not the end of your life:rolleyes: not like they are sas,sbs, Navy seals. Maybe too many romantic dreamers.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Justanotherperson,

Welcome to the forum. Forget dreaming about the Foreign Legion. Often setbacks in life and failures can result in something positive and even more rewarding. Put it all behind you and march on.

As Sexpert says it not as he says as if you failed for the SAS, SBS, or Navy Seals !

Even worse to be binned from the Royal Marines Commandos for being useless during training. Of course that is my opinion but I am biased. 99% need not apply !:unsure::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Re my comment about being binned for the RM. I stupidly interviewed 2 members of this forum and sponsored them into RM training on the condition that they passed their PRMC. They had also considered the FFL.:)

One opted out after 18 weeks and simply giving up. The other could have passed but also gave up after sustaining a minor injury. He went to Hunter Coy (Remedial) recovered and bottled his Cdo course. (In my day it was a trip to sick bay - little sympathy and an aspirin if lucky.) Fortunately I never needed to visit to sick bay. Now Hunter Coy has been copied by all of our military and has superb medical a remedial facilities.

I blame myself, but in mitigation thought they could make it. " More fool me and never again.":rolleyes:

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Well I felt actually like a Commando when sneeking into Kath House the WRAC Block at 8 Sigs....hihi. Lovely Girls.

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
Re my comment about being binned for the RM. I stupidly interviewed 2 members of this forum and sponsored them into RM training on the condition that they passed their PRMC. They had also considered the FFL.:)

One opted out after 18 weeks and simply giving up. The other could have passed but also gave up after sustaining a minor injury. He went to Hunter Coy (Remedial) recovered and bottled his Cdo course. (In my day it was a trip to sick bay - little sympathy and an aspirin if lucky.) Fortunately I never needed to visit to sick bay. Now Hunter Coy has been copied by all of our military and has superb medical a remedial facilities.

I blame myself, but in mitigation thought they could make it. " More fool me and never again.":rolleyes:
It's very noble what you did sir, however, some people seem to just never appreciate the easy conditions surrounding them. I think if they grew up out of a third world sh*thole they would have really appreciated such an amazing opportunity.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
Remember one night & it was freezing cold coming back to Camp i cought two WRAC Kissing & ..... I never said anything though. One always drove me around in her car so they were grateful i'm a nice guy.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom
It's very noble what you did sir, however, some people seem to just never appreciate the easy conditions surrounding them. I think if they grew up out of a third world sh*thole they would have really appreciated such an amazing opportunity.
As long as these third world guys are educated. The military is not like 30 years ago.

Reaction score
Home Country
United Kingdom

Keegan, thank you for your kind words. Also there is absolutely no need to call me Sir. Plain Chas will suffice and we are all equal on this forum. To be honest I was damned annoyed !

SnafuSmite

Reaction score
Home Country
South Africa
QUOTE="Chas, post: 227458, member: 1143"]Keegan, thank you for your kind words. Also there is absolutely no need to call me Sir. Plain Chas will suffice and we are all equal on this forum. To be honest I was damned annoyed ![/QUOTE]
Uncle Chas;), you know what lengths some of us went to just to apply and get rejected for the umpteenth time! So its always sad hearing when someone made it and threw the opportunity away, same as the anglos going civil.

Tammerfors

Reaction score
Home Country
Finland
I would just forget about it mate there has been mixed suggestions and opinions about this topic over the years. They have said no for whatever reason. Its a hard pill to swallow but maybe try brush it under the rug and put your energy into something else your passionate about. Anyway good luck mate. Especially coming from australia thats an exspensive trip to take to be caught out !!

I agree with Guido here.. better just move on than be sorry or trying to be desperate. There's no shame not getting selected these days. I don't know your motives for joining - and it's none of my business, but for me even the process of training and preparing and eventually flying to marseille just to get rejected was still enough to get that critical change in life I needed. I like to think that when a door closes a window opens, best of luck to you in the future justanotherperson