a French Foreign Legion Forum

Welcome! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passport control in airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Physical and économique préparation, is best prepared in advanced, before attempting, what ever ! (if you have to work an extra month or two, to do so )

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
You right , what i'm trying to say that i little bit lost from the shape i was then but i still in what less and more and in shape that required from canadidate. But thanks anyway(y)

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
well, you know last time I was in France I was staying for 5 days and the officer refused to let me in the country until i told him i had 1000 euros, which really makes me wonder how the hell I am going to enter the country again. Once they see the Arab thing in passport they get all freaky and boom you're done

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
well, you know last time I was in France I was staying for 5 days and the officer refused to let me in the country until i told him i had 1000 euros, which really makes me wonder how the hell I am going to enter the country again. Once they see the Arab thing in passport they get all freaky and boom you're done
Yeah i assume you feel kinda tension these days .. don't sure what is the attitude towards guys in my country .
But it seems that always when you are lonley with a small bag make you a suspicious target to be asked more questiones

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
No that it make it sense , but anyway i'll ask , according sources you test and sign the initial vontract in your native language . There's any chances that you tested in arabic?

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Well, for middle eastern countries and muslim countries like mine, you cannot really obtain a visa with a one way ticket plane. They won't give it to you unless it's a return. So, you have to keep in mind does the French embassy have any problems with your country? Do they feel like youth from your country tend to go to France and never come back again? If so, then your case is like mine you are forced to buy a return ticket. If you not then just save your money.
Why fly, when you can, walk like an Egyptian?

Reaction score
Home Country
Egypt
No that it make it sense , but anyway i'll ask , according sources you test and sign the initial vontract in your native language . There's any chances that you tested in arabic?
I don't really think israelis will be a problem buddy. Arabs are the problem cz they tend togo there and stay illegally after their visa expires so i think you're good to go. What I know is that you're only required to be fluent in yuor native lang but i guess the more languages you have the better.
I'd do that really if i can Caporal hahaha

dusaboss

Hyper Active Member
Reaction score
Home Country
Yugoslavia
Sometimes they want to be convinced you have money (minimum for survival) for time you plan to spend in EU. Other option is that citizen of France guarantee that he will house you and feed you for that time.
Only French I know is Rapace. So, mon amie if you get strange call from immigration officer just say "Yes he will spend time in my home". :)

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Sorry for pop up this thread again , i just wonder about going through marseille ,
From what i impressed it's not a place to visit and since i see this video and anothers like that i really don't have any answers to the officer that make it sense . Specially out of summer.
If someone have any idea for 'cover story' of vacation route go ahead .
I just never been abroad and i dont have any clue what im dealing with .
Just little stutter and things could f** up.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
Flying from Israël ? You should be ok and even if you are muslim. ..muslims arrive and fly out from Marseille. .
maybe more than any other sort of person
Do not be nervous, be bold and rest assured

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
Got you , i never been abroad so yes ,i have little bit concerns about i tried googled planed trip to the reigon nothing seriously found..but hope it will pass smoothly , i just be relaxed from that point i concloud and by the way im a jew;)

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
So, no problem at all (Israelis are treated almost just like Europeans arriving to France
Don’t hang about too much in Marseille... Go straight to Aubagne, take an hotel room for the night, if need be.
Have you completed your national service ?

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
I have my documents of course but it's in Hebrew , and after 4 hours of investigation by ‘gestapo’, no doubts left i assuming...
Do you think it be affected if I bring it with me even through its in Hebrew?
But I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to bring it in my suitcase. Just make the security in the air port (on the Israeli side ) suspicious.

Le petit caporal

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
North Korea
They are able,if need be, translate any language
Bring your documents and any thing relative to courses etc and the originals
Flying from Ben Gurion ?

Joseph Cosgrove

Legionnaire
Reaction score
Home Country
New Zealand
Sorry for pop up this thread again , i just wonder about going through marseille ,
From what i impressed it's not a place to visit and since i see this video and anothers like that i really don't have any answers to the officer that make it sense . Specially out of summer.
If someone have any idea for 'cover story' of vacation route go ahead .
I just never been abroad and i dont have any clue what im dealing with .
Just little stutter and things could f** up.
hi Tittos, don't worry about what you will be asked at the immigration, just answer their questions, if asked why you are visiting in off peak tourist times, just say that it will be less crowdy.

The video is about learning English and takes place in An American Airport. As Andy says book a hotel in Marseille for a night near the train station, or at least get the name of one. After that say that you will be traveling around but not sure where.

Tittos

Reaction score
Home Country
Israel
hi Tittos, don't worry about what you will be asked at the immigration, just answer their questions, if asked why you are visiting in off peak tourist times, just say that it will be less crowdy.

The video is about learning English and takes place in An American Airport. As Andy says book a hotel in Marseille for a night near the train station, or at least get the name of one. After that say that you will be traveling around but not sure where.
Good morning Joe , offcourse the video intend for learning english and about the US , but you got the point ,i will stick to what you said and i might 'keep it simple' ...
In a hope ill not post any thread in style like : "tried my luck and got brake in the airport"
(Jk) :)

Le petit caporal , yes i would plan to going through Ben gurion airport , it's the major airport here.

Status
Not open for further replies.